CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think Frosty hit two headshots in a row against Liquid when the player was sliding and he aimed entirely above their head. Like, no part of his reticle was touching any part of his body. Dude's hitbox just extended vertically above his body for some reason. It's so hard to get excited about it when it looks like a ridiculous miss.

Maybe the new LAN feature will help with some of that, but I doubt it.

These are the draw and fire speeds for standard weapons from the last four Halo games.

When you look at 3 and Reach, their draw and fire are almost identical. When you compare them to Halo 4, you can see that 4 is slower. And if you compare them all to Halo 5's, the latter's time to draw and fire is almost halved.

In Halo 3 and Reach, this draw speed & fire is uniform to nearly every single weapon. In 4 and 5's case, there are exceptions; most notably, the Magnum.

In 4 and 5, the draw and fire is halved compared to standard weapons.

To really drive it home, look at how fast you can potentially noob combo someone in each Halo.

You can clearly tell from this selection Halo 5 has the quickest animations when it comes to drawing and firing. The only other Halo game that has even faster draw and fire is Halo 2, including the "YY" button glitches.

Something to think about.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Soul flame

If you include aiming down sights into the draw and fire time, how does Halo 5 compare to other Halos?

A while back, someone had actually counted the amount of frames it took for zoom to happen in every Halo. If I recall, the fastest was Halo 2, second was Halo 5, followed by Halo 3, Reach, and 4. If someone can find that link and see if I was mistaken, feel free.

It's been a pretty good week:

• MCC is getting patched again
  • H5 is gettting LAN support and real Oddball
  • Halo may or may not be back with MLG
  • 343 aknowledged their terrible community interaction
  • NeoGAF is gone
  • Upvote (+1) 5

<p>

• NeoGAF is gone

The last two are news to me. Link?

The last two are news to me. Link?

First was Bonnie Ross during the interview about MCC. She said something along the lines of "we have been silent on this issue and that wasn't the right choice" or something like that (it's on Moa's youtube if you want ot see it).

Second: https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/22/16516592/neogaf-tyler-malka-evilore-allegations-shutdown

The owner of the site has been accused of sexual harassment (or worse) and most admins and mods quit the site. Apparently it's back up now though, please be gone for good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

• NeoGAF is gone

Trying to keep my rampant excitement in check for all of the Halo changes.

I may be a nub, but what's so bad about GAF?

A while back, someone had actually counted the amount of frames it took for zoom to happen in every Halo. If I recall, the fastest was Halo 2, second was Halo 5, followed by Halo 3, Reach, and 4. If someone can find that link and see if I was mistaken, feel free.

It was probably the Sheriff

First was Bonnie Ross during the interview about MCC. She said something along the lines of "we have been silent on this issue and that wasn't the right choice" or something like that (it's on Moa's youtube if you want ot see it).

Second: https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/22/16516592/neogaf-tyler-malka-evilore-allegations-shutdown

The owner of the site has been accused of sexual harassment (or worse) and most admins and mods quit the site. Apparently it's back up now though, please be gone for good.

Wow

GAF was where I got most of my daily news and it had some tv show threads that I liked. I didn't really bother with all the gaming crap. 

GAF was where I got most of my daily news and it had some tv show threads that I liked. I didn't really bother with all the gaming crap. 

Damn, I'm sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Imagine if Team Beyond:

Had a several week waiting period to register where you had to provide proof of your Halo 2 Competitive Rank.

What does this comparison refer to in Neogaf?

They're very exclusive and careful in their registration process.

For starters you need a paid email account (ISP, Work, College, etc.) to even begin the process in the first place.  Then you need to wait for the site admins to verify your account, which can literally take weeks or longer.

How does someone even get an account approved on neogaf. Couldn't use my gmail to register over a year ago but they don't accept it. Tried using my cal poly email, never got verified. Tried using my Treyarch email, never got verified. Tried using my Activision email, still not verified. That was 3 months ago.

They're very exclusive and careful in their registration process.

For starters you need a paid email account (ISP, Work, College, etc.) to even begin the process in the first place.  Then you need to wait for the site admins to verify your account, which can literally take weeks or longer.

How does someone even get an account approved on neogaf. Couldn't use my gmail to register over a year ago but they don't accept it. Tried using my cal poly email, never got verified. Tried using my Treyarch email, never got verified. Tried using my Activision email, still not verified. That was 3 months ago.

Used my college email to register.  Waited around 9 months before I was verified and allowed to make posts.  Got banned 3 days after because I said the MCC was still broken.  The mod message to me was "You don't seem like a good fit for our community".  Fkn LOL

To get back on topic though I'm glad competitive Halo is getting more prize money in 2018.  Hopefully we don't get another sad balloon situation when it comes time to LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Used my college email to register. Waited around 9 months before I was verified and allowed to make posts. Got banned 3 days after because I said the MCC was still broken. The mod message to me was "You don't seem like a good fit for our community". Fkn LOL

The same website that lets an entire thread sabotage Multi’s rep when he was withdrawn from 343 before being locked by a bot, only because the conversation sounded like people yelling at each other and not for other obvious reasons.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's actually hilarious, because it was exactly the pathetic, disagreement averse, moral outrage happy culture that the "one guy" in question and the rest of the admin/mod team fostered that caused the whole cess pool to implode as the result of the latest allegations. I sincerely hope that GAF regulars never find a similar haven. Good riddance.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's actually hilarious, because it was exactly the pathetic, disagreement averse, moral outrage happy culture that the "one guy" in question and the rest of the admin/mod team fostered that caused the whole cess pool to implode as the result of the latest allegations. I sincerely hope that GAF regulars never find a similar haven. Good riddance.

I agree, GAF is one of my least favorite gaming community on the net its a joke. Payed off by Sony and other publishers to market their games, delete all discontenting opinions not of the GAF hivemind(or anything anti Sony lol) or end up just banning that user, full of mods and users who think they are Gods gift to the Internet and that their opinions about gaming are more important than yours because they are part of the GAF circlejerk, whenever the mods post its condescending white knight garbage, ect... it goes on and on. The worst part is Game devs take GAF feedback more seriously than forums like Team Beyond made up of die-hard fans because  the only kind of people who are permitted to stay there are fanboys like Greenskull who suck off devs on the site in the hope of one day getting a job with their company. Good riddance.

After the crossplay issue i wouldn’t say GAF have sony bias anymore. That being said GAF have holier than thou problem which need to be solved.

Besides i wouldn’t put team beyond on a pedestal.