CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

A step back in the right direction doesn't mean that they've even crossed the starting line.

I'll have to listen again, but it sounded to me like they nixed random spread and reduced RRR instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll have to listen again, but it sounded to me like they nixed random spread and reduced RRR instead.

I hope that that's true. I'm sure we're all very aware of how cancerous random BR spread is.

How does everyone feel about the changes to the AR. Having increased accuracy and fire rate with reduced damage seems to be a wash, doesn't it?

How does everyone feel about the changes to the AR. Having increased accuracy and fire rate with reduced damage seems to be a wash, doesn't it?

Seems pointless when we already have the Sentinel beam as a fast and accurate gun. Unless they change the aim assist by a significant degree I don't see why they would make those changes.

The KT for it will essentially be the same considering the rate of fire is faster, but we now have to "aim" the gun for better results. In their own special little way, they made the weapon "skillful."

It does help on not stepping on the other automatic's toes when it comes to range (Sentinel now seems closer to AR than any other Auto) but it won't mitigate the issues with it being a starting weapon alongside the Magnum.

What I'm really worried about is BR/Gunfighter starts. I personally want the Magnum to still be our Primary now that the other rifles (besides LR) have had their nerfs; BR fires slower, Carbine's now got less range, DMR's hipfire is gored. The weapons will feel like more of a role selection than a straight upgrade. Magnum still has the fastest KT and has even more utility capabilities. BR/Gunfighter separates long range and close quarters into two different guns, plus the burst fire from the BR gives sloppy fights.

If they're making Ranked have BR/Gunfighter and Social AR/Magnum, I may end up doing more Social just because I want an accurate single shot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The KT for it will essentially be the same considering the rate of fire is faster, but we now have to "aim" the gun for better results. In their own special little way, they made the weapon "skillful."

It does help on not stepping on the other automatic's toes when it comes to range (Sentinel now seems closer to AR than any other Auto) but it won't mitigate the issues with it being a starting weapon alongside the Magnum.

What I'm really worried about is BR/Gunfighter starts. I personally want the Magnum to still be our Primary now that the other rifles (besides LR) have had their nerfs; BR fires slower, Carbine's now got less range, DMR's hipfire is gored. The weapons will feel like more of a role selection than a straight upgrade. Magnum still has the fastest KT and has even more utility capabilities. BR/Gunfighter separates long range and close quarters into two different guns, plus the burst fire from the BR gives sloppy fights.

If they're making Ranked have BR/Gunfighter and Social AR/Magnum, I may end up doing more Social just because I want an accurate single shot.

Woah, wait, they're making ranked play be BR/Gunfighter starts? That seems a little crazy for the exact reason you stated. With rifles changed the magnum could be a pseudo-utility weapon (I def won't go so far as saying it is one, but one that can fill multiple range roles).

I hope that isn't the case. I mean, having ranked play start with two precision weapons sounds like it would be more skillful, but in practice I doubt it would be so.

I don’t really care what they do with the AR tbh considering it seems like BR/Gunfighter starts are going to be in 100%. Have 1 or 2 on the map. With it being weaker I’m okay with it being more accurate. The less randomness the better. As long as it’s not a starting weapon, we good

• Upvote (+1) 1

it depends.  If quinn's emphasis in the broadcast it to be believed/im reading it correctly, the damage was reduced more than the fire rate was increased meaning total theoretical damage output is still less than before. plus its more accurate which, if accompanied by the proper RRR and bullet magnetism, could make it more skillful but with less base DPS.

Those are the kind of changes that we have floated around here in the past so it could be good, but we really need to wait and see i guess.

Faster ROF but same damage will likely result in same TTK, but might give more bloom (more shots fired = more bloom) so it's still a range nerf hopefully. They really need to get rid of ADS bonuses on autos if they actually want to fix this sandbox.

What bothers me to no end is that the Storm Rifle is now more powerful than ever and same goes for the Sniper. A Spartan Charge nerf would have been neat too, but instead we're fucking with the Gunfighter Magnum  :eyes: . At least the cancerous BR spread has been toned down again, but overall this is still a pretty shitty update.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don’t really care what they do with the AR tbh considering it seems like BR/Gunfighter starts are going to be in 100%. Have 1 or 2 on the map. With it being weaker I’m okay with it being more accurate. The less randomness the better. As long as it’s not a starting weapon, we good

In all honesty, the AR could be fine exclusively as a starting weapon.

Ranked: BR/Gunfighter

Social: AR/Magnum

Then remove DMRs and Storm Rifles from Arena maps (redundant) and place only niche weapons on the map.

- Carbine

- Light Rifle

- SMG

- Scattershot

- Sniper

- Rockets

- Caster

- OS

- Camo

Switching to BR/Gunfighter starts and tossing the AR/Magnum out the window makes H5's sandbox look a little more appealing, in my opinion.

What I'm really worried about is BR/Gunfighter starts. I personally want the Magnum to still be our Primary now that the other rifles (besides LR) have had their nerfs; BR fires slower, Carbine's now got less range, DMR's hipfire is gored. The weapons will feel like more of a role selection than a straight upgrade. Magnum still has the fastest KT and has even more utility capabilities. BR/Gunfighter separates long range and close quarters into two different guns, plus the burst fire from the BR gives sloppy fights.

Dmr starts, it has the same ttk as the pistol and has much less magnetism now

Then remove DMRs and Storm Rifles from Arena maps (redundant) and place only niche weapons on the map.

- Carbine

- Light Rifle

- SMG

- Scattershot

- Sniper

- Rockets

- Caster

- OS

- Camo

Switching to BR/Gunfighter starts and tossing the AR/Magnum out the window makes H5's sandbox look a little more appealing, in my opinion.

DMR won’t go anywhere it’s one of the weapons they updated. Sandbox is definitely more appealing though with BR/GF. I had a lot of fun in the test playlist and that’s when my BR wouldn’t kill things I was aiming at. So excited to play with a consistent one

• Upvote (+1) 1

- Carbine

- Light Rifle

- SMG

- Scattershot

- Sniper

- Rockets

- Caster

- OS

- Camo

Maybe my opinion will change with the retune, but i still like the Magnum vs Magnum battles the best.  If they want to replace the magnum with a rifle to appeal the casuals that go "herp derp its just a sidearm it shouldn't kill in 5 shots roflcopter" i would rather they use the DMR so we still have a single-shot weapon as the primary.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The one thing H5 had going for it was the magnum lmao if they make it BR starts then they really haven't learned anything. But hey man thank god they "nerfed" the AR by giving it more accuracy instead of just giving it massive bloom after a couple shots. I love my autos to be effective across the map and not up close.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Okay, I’m about to take off on a flight when I heard they changed the weapon sandbox and announced another HWC. I deleted H5 over a month ago to save space, and because I never played it anymore. Are these changes actually worth trying out?

Edit: and then I see Beast’s post above me, lol.

The one thing H5 had going for it was the magnum lmao if they make it BR starts then they really haven't learned anything. But hey man thank god they "nerfed" the AR by giving it more accuracy instead of just giving it massive bloom after a couple shots. I love my autos to be effective across the map and not up close.

If they want a weapon to serve that purpose, why not balance the beam rifle to make it like that. That pretty much sounds like what the AR is like now. At least then it would make a little more sense for Halo, IMO.

Okay, I’m about to take off on a flight when I heard they changed the weapon sandbox and announced another HWC. I deleted H5 over a month ago to save space, and because I never played it anymore. Are these changes actually worth trying out?

Edit: and then I see Beast’s post above me, lol.

Yea, I mean, why not? At this point I believe any update to any Halo game will be worth trying out for the simple fact that there's more to gain than lose. If you don't absolutely need the space, may as well give it a shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL just got caught up i take it?

God no

Juat baffled that you guys are still sitting here argueing with boyo

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea, I mean, why not? At this point I believe any update to any Halo game will be worth trying out for the simple fact that there's more to gain than lose. If you don't absolutely need the space, may as well give it a shot.

Anytime you hope 343 has done something right you have something to lose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to be excited for the MCC update so badly, but I KNOW it’ll be half-assed and put its focus on the wrong things.

Please 343, please surprise me.

I want to be excited for the MCC update so badly, but I KNOW it’ll be half-assed and put its focus on the wrong things.

Please 343, please surprise me.

Did they say whats being updated?

Did they say whats being updated?

They didn't specify; all they said was that the MCC will be enhanced on the Xbox One X. 343i also stated they would read the various lists created by the Halo community to address things that need to be fixed.

God no

Juat baffled that you guys are still sitting here argueing with boyo

My guess is that many aspects of life baffle you.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My guess is that many aspects of life baffle you.

Yes

Flat earthers

Anti vaccers

People actually voted for trump

The tuck rule

Why do people respond to boyo

The list goes on and on

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I made an account here in March of 2016 and just now recovered my lost password. I'm so ready to post again, my dudes.

I'm just waiting patiently for Spartan Charge to get nerfed.  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 1