CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I dont really have an issue with the ranking system itself its just the matching system. If players were getting matched up properly it would be more enjoyable.

The rank system itself is great. It is the matchmaking part of the equation that needs work.

Anybody want to try BR starts with me? I don't feel like playing solo again.

Ill run some games, adding you now.

Breakout is okay. The kill times are pretty fast and the whole one melee kills you makes me feel as if there's no point in meleeing if all I'm going to do its trade with the other player even if they're one shot. So far my experience with Breakout is that one team is more aggressive than another team and so it feels sometimes more attack and defend than eliminate all the enemy players. If there was maybe an objective in the middle like if it was paintball that required both teams to move for it then the game type would probably be a lot more fun and enjoyable in my opinion. This game has so much potential and I just wish they actually took what we said to heart rather than give us some explanation to why they added a certain feature to a game. I mean I understand its hard to hear complaints about something you made but if we're doing it in a respectable matter and showing them proof on why something is just not good for Halo and break it down for them. Then they should take the feedback into consideration. We're not trying to tell them Sprint is bad for Halo because we hate them but we're trying to tell them Sprint just doesn't do Halo any justice. Yeah they are trying to balance it but when a kid can grab the Prophet's Bane and run away with it blinking with shields low then I think in all honestly that Sprint is broken. Even with the 4 second recharge rate until they stop sprinting, they still have enough time to get to a position that is close to their team mates and helps them recharge. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is everything so dark in this game.....

Just played a slayer match on eden and its impossible to see the blue team

Even the Spartan Hub is dark. I remember Halo being a game with bright colors not so dark and in it's middle school emo phase

Apparently no one at 343 has played a single game of Clan Arena before :(

I've played a lot of Clan Arena on and off for practically 18 years now and the answer is still "not really"

You can only ever get away with playing balls to the walls aggressive if you severely outaim all the people you're checking into

You can't ever outaim people to that degree in a controller based FPS and you certainly can't do it when your base health is extremely low

If anything they are looking at this completely backwards, they should be giving everyone an Overshield off spawn

Just compare how Clan Arena in the Quake series where everyone is a tank with max weapons tends to go compared to Counterstrike where everyone is a squishy little SWAT team guy

Played a little bit of CA recently (little being an understatement, I'm an instagib noob >_>).

Just as a concept it's a tricky comparison given that Breakout starts you at either end with the idea of gaining map control where as CA has that fucky countdown timer where you vie for positioning. Given the maps are paintball-esque in this mode, taking map control should automatically cause friction / confrontation.

That's extremely optimistic given the strength and absolute ******-proof ease of playing passively.

I'll take being optimistic on this one :) I guess we'll see.

Even the Spartan Hub is dark. I remember Halo being a game with bright colors not so dark and in it's middle school emo phase

I was never a fan of the new lighting. I understand it looks good for the whole "next gen graphics" thing...but for the sake of gameplay I would love to see it less drastic. I go back and watch Reach (and previous) and my eyes are in love.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I was never a fan of the new lighting. I understand it looks good for the whole "next gen graphics" thing...but for the sake of gameplay I would love to see it less drastic. I go back and play Reach and previous and my eyes are in love.

Oh Definitely. Halo 4 seemed too arcady with the lighting they had in that game. Halo Reach felt just right and didn't really try to brighten or darken anything. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was never a fan of the new lighting. I understand it looks good for the whole "next gen graphics" thing...but for the sake of gameplay I would love to see it less drastic. I go back and watch Reach (and previous) and my eyes are in love.

+rep for sig

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have seem some pointing to this idea, but how do you think breakout would be with starting over shields along with no regenerative health + shields. Just a thought of the top of my head. It would literally be a game of attrition with a huge emphasis on teamwork. You'd have to consider every push especially the initial break. Right now the game seems way to passive seeing as you die in about a 3sk. Having the health system this way could possibly allow a bit more of a faster gameplay but what happens when its 2v2 at the end with all 4 players being at roughly the shield and health as it is now? It would once again turn into cat and mouse stalemate. Just a random thought, I thought it'd serve for some discussion. Obviously i want to see an objective in this game type but we don't want to steal from COD..

This has to be said... The Br looks horrible. I know this is just a minor issue compared to some other things but I just can't stand it.

It's core geometry looks incomplete. It looks like a chunk of it was deleted at the last second.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lighting overall could be improved honestly - there are parts on every map so far in which there's bad enough contrast between the environment/skybox and players to make identifying a target difficult.

On Eden, you can shoot a spot on the turbines in mid court. They can then be used as clamber spots to top catwalk, but only for a short amount of time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On the topic of lighting, it feels like there's too high of a blue threshold in shaded areas.

I might have issues with seeing colors, instead of it being the game, but shading needs an overhaul.

3 and judgment I believe. The worst 2 Gears games..... Pretty sure he also scrapped Horde mode for overrun in judgement.

Woah woah woah...Gears 2 and Judgement were the two worst Gears games. 3 was just fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Woah woah woah...Gears 2 and Judgement were the two worst Gears games. 3 was just fine.

1 > 3 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> J

most of the people who like H5 weren't any decent at the old games if they don't understand why these features are game-breaking. being "a fan since halo 1" usually means a campaign player and then some living dead in halo 3.

i've already expended all my fucks arguing against AR starts.

I've been a fan since CE lol. But I'm 31 and I've played both campaign and multilayer to death for pretty much all the games except 3 and Reach's multiplayers since I got a 360 late in the console lifespan.

But aside from sprint, some minor weapon tuning, ground-pound button mapping, and ADS adjustments (remove for autos, speed up animation for everything else), I actually thoroughly enjoy the game. The problem is the aforementioned issues annoy me just as much (often more so) as I enjoy the rest of it, so it's not balanced (pun intended).

The frustrating thing is obviously the fact that all of those issues are EASILY fixable, and would 100% make for a better, more enjoyable, and more competitive game all around; unquestionably. Yet, they will likely neglect at least most of them anyway.

Haven't had a chance to play BR starts or Breakout yet so I'm not going to preemptively judge it. I like to make my mind up once I've actually played it  :)