CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Could it be that this playlist is very popular? I'm literally spending 5s in between matches, this has never happened before.

I actually hope it is.  3fuck3 needs to know classic Halo is best Halo.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Please tell me there's a way to get the instant powerups, static spawns on all items and the Oddball gametype outside of this playlist.

We've been able to do instant powerups for a long time. You just need to script the powerup to despawn on activation, so it leaves your hand before the animation is able to play.

Static spawns are also possible through scripting.

Oddball was added to the custom gametype list a few days ago when they fixed the shield recharge.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Please tell me there's a way to get the instant powerups, static spawns on all items and the Oddball gametype outside of this playlist.

Static item spawns can be done via forge scripting. (So can instant powerups but I don't how to set that up, I just downloaded a map that had it but I forget what it was.)

For powerups you just turn off respawn and despawn in the main item menu, then go into scripting, set the condition to 'timer check', set initial to 0 and repeat to 60 (or whatever time you want in seconds), and set the action to 'spawn'.

For weapons it's mostly the same thing, but the weapon will not respawn if the old weapon is still on the map or in somebody's hands when its respawn time rolls around, even if it's out of ammo. To get around that you'll need to spawn a bunch of them (so that the game technically isn't respawning an old weapon but spawning a fresh one) and activate three actions as opposed to one. The first action should be 'despawn', the second action should be 'wait' (with the wait time set to progressive intervals of the desired "respawn" time, i.e. for two-minute rockets each rocket launcher should have a wait time of 0, 120, 240, 360, 480, etc.), then the third action should be 'spawn'.

Holy shit they need to turn down the nades in the classic playlist. There's way too many and good God are they powerful. That's the single biggest problem that playlist has. And it's dumb because you can just change it in the settings. Having such slow movement and no thrust but keeping nades the same makes no sense at all.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've seen people praising 343 for creating/announcing a Halo 3 playlist.

Why though. It's going to be fucking awful.

Game is designed purely around the Spartan Abilities and to make it easier to play against them. Removing them is only going to make these design decisions more obvious. Grenades are going to be ridiculous without the ability to thrust away from the massive blast radius they know have because thrust exists. Perfect kills are going to be incredibly easy with the aim assist and bullet magnetism the game has to compensate for people thrusting to avoid them. And the sandbox itself is completely fucked and would never work. Automatics are ridiculous now, and the only defense against them is again, thrust. Without thrust and the ease of use of automatics, you are going to get totally fucked in every encounter against one. It's hard enough to fight 1v1 against someone with an SMG using a magnum. Winning it normally comes down to a well timed thrust.

No Thrust, no chance to win these.

Don't get me started on the sniper rifle. That shit's so easy to use, even against thrusting opponents. Its going to be ridiculous with it when no one can hope to avoid the heat seeking bullets it fires.

A lot of excitement for a playlist that is going to play like shit because Halo 5's sandbox is just not designed for game play without thrust.

Holy shit they need to turn down the nades in the classic playlist. There's way too many and good God are they powerful. That's the single biggest problem that playlist has. And it's dumb because you can just change it in the settings. Having such slow movement and no thrust but keeping nades the same makes no sense at all.

Why are you surprised

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Downloading the PC CoD WWII open beta. Anyone else doing the PC beta?

I might tomorrow

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please keep political stuff out of here, and please chill with the insults.

Open warning to all.

Any reason my post got deleted? AFAIK no rules were broken. All I stated was that I am banned on waypoint.

da fuq?

Any reason my post got deleted? AFAIK no rules were broken. All I stated was that I am banned on waypoint.

da fuq?

It wasn't just your posts that got deleted. Anyone discussing 343's withdrawal of their employment offer from Multi, and anything regarding moderation of other Halo communities was removed as both were getting too political for the mods. Mods have the final say on this but hey, least we weren't b&.  :tongue:

da fuq?

It was a purge for all of yesterdays posts because it got that bad.

Downloading the PC CoD WWII open beta.  Anyone else doing the PC beta?

Yeah gave it a couple games. Between the stuttering, horrific mouse aiming and female soldiers in WW2 uniforms shouting swear words (Seriously this last one is just annoying because of how authentic the setting is) it wasn't that much fun.

It wasn't just your posts that got deleted. Anyone discussing 343's withdrawal of their employment offer from Multi, and anything regarding moderation of other Halo communities was removed as both were getting too political for the mods. Mods have the final say on this but hey, least we weren't b&.  :tongue:

Sure some cleanup is needed time to time, but I find it a bit of a downside that it gets removed.

When these posts disappear, so does some evidence of criticism/distaste towards 343/insert company here or shitty site like GAF.

What is the objective of such purges?

Yeah gave it a couple games. Between the stuttering, horrific mouse aiming and female soldiers in WW2 uniforms shouting swear words (Seriously this last one is just annoying because of how authentic the setting is) it wasn't that much fun.

As someone with some knowledge on guns, the game gives me a hernia.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As someone with some knowledge on guns, the game gives me a hernia.

I meant uniform wise and locaiton wise. Lmao yeah Red dot sights on Garands are so authentic!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I meant uniform wise and locaiton wise. Lmao yeah Red dot sights on Garands are so authentic!

Man, that's at least mostly a game mechanic thing. It's dumb but at least there's a reason for it. I'm talking about guns being misnamed or having incorrect sights and what not. Like sledgehammer is a AAA studio. You'd think they'd do more than ten minutes of research.

Also if I'm being honest, the mp having female soldiers on the WF, dumbing down nazi imagery and giving the player the ability to make a black nazi, make it impossible to take seriously anyway.

this playlist proves h5 has the most cancerous nades

I wouldn't mind strong nades if we didn't move like turtles outside of sprint and trust. Designing the entire sandbox around these pointless abilities instead of adjusting the abilities is such a 343 thing to do.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sure some cleanup is needed time to time, but I find it a bit of a downside that it gets removed.

When these posts disappear, so does some evidence of criticism/distaste towards 343/insert company here or shitty site like GAF.

Yeah it sucks, but we shouldn't try to assume that the content being discussed from the deleted posts is stuff that hasn't been said a million times before. It's a shame - I found the content of the posts to be quite constructive among ourselves - but in hindsight this is the Halo 5 General Discussion thread and it was derailing the thread's premise. Methinks that the best course of action is to PM CyReN about it for further elaboration lest we continue derailing the thread since we've all already been warned.

There's no lack of such evidence on either site really...

da fuq?

We purged the last day or so, it was out of control overall.

I wouldn't mind strong nades if we didn't move like turtles outside of sprint and trust. Designing the entire sandbox around these pointless abilities instead of adjusting the abilities is such a 343 thing to do.

Frankly, grenades have offered almost nothing at all interesting in any Halo game after CE. They just happen to be at their most obnoxious in H5 and worse when you remove the movement gimmicks and slow down the BMS for no reason.

I might tomorrow

It's actually good. 

Seems better then last several CoD games I tried. I did get some stuttering too. Didn't notice the female soldiers. As my friend said, I think zombies could be pretty fun again with boots on the ground mechanics.

Frankly, grenades have offered almost nothing at all interesting in any Halo game after CE. They just happen to be at their most obnoxious in H5 and worse when you remove the movement gimmicks and slow down the BMS for no reason.

Agree, but Reach's nades were 10x worse than H5's. The deafening sound effect coupled with their damage output when compared to the starting weapon plus the slowest BMS in Halo history made for some really shitty encounters. I'm also pretty sure someone found out that there was some randomness to the fuse time.

• Upvote (+1) 1