CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That doesn't make sense because what you want is what Bungie doesn't want. Yeah 343 has not treated this series well but don't let distract you that Bungie was making Halo less-Halo with every iteration. Bungie made it crystal clear with fans that they don't want to make a classic Halo game.

Who cares what Bungie wants? Microsoft needs to give them an offer they cannot refuse. Bungie has the talent, technical skill, and experience to make a true Halo game. 343 doesn't come anywhere close. It would be real simple. Phil Spencer calls Bungie and says "hey, 343 has ruined Halo. We need you to make original formula Halo games again. How much will it cost us for you guys to make that happen?".

• Downvote (-1) 11

Who cares what Bungie wants? Microsoft needs to give them an offer they cannot refuse. Bungie has the talent, technical skill, and experience to make a true Halo game. 343 doesn't come anywhere close. It would be real simple. Phil Spencer calls Bungie and says "hey, 343 has ruined Halo. We need you to make original formula Halo games again. How much will it cost us for you guys to make that happen?".

Lol man. What kinda offer could trump multi platform Destiny money + the fact they don't want to do halo?... let's be real...

Whatever that number is wouldn't be recouped

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol man. What kinda offer could trump multi platform Destiny money + the fact they don't want to do halo?... let's be real...

Whatever that number is wouldn't be recouped

Obviously I'm talking about the end of their 10 year agreement. Giving Halo back to Bungie and tasking them with making an original formula Halo game is the only solution to solve Halo's demise. 343 has sucked for their entire existence and they will keep sucking and sucking until there is nothing left to milk.

Obviously I'm talking about the end of their 10 year agreement. Giving Halo back to Bungie and tasking them with making an original formula Halo game is the only solution to solve Halo's demise. 343 has sucked for their entire existence and they will keep sucking and sucking until there is nothing left to milk.

And what makes you think that after 10 years of multiplatform riches, that Bungie would want to go back to making an Xbox exclusive for a dying franchise - one that they wanted out of in the first place.

They'd be out of their minds.

Let's say MS did fork over this astronomical amount of money, if Bungie's heart isn't in the game, it won't be good. Imagine Reach + 10 years of not giving a fuck about Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't want a Halo game from people that are tired of Halo and only doing it for the money. You'll just end up with some uninspired piece of crap game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And what makes you think that after 10 years of multiplatform riches, that Bungie would want to go back to making an Xbox exclusive for a dying franchise - one that they wanted out of in the first place.

They'd be out of their minds.

Let's say MS did fork over this astronomical amount of money, if Bungie's heart isn't in the game, it won't be good. Imagine Reach + 10 years of not giving a fuck about Halo.

It's dying because of 343. At this point, Halo is at rock bottom and there is no where to go but up. Microsoft is rich and can pay them to develop Halo again. They can pay them more than Activision or anyone else. "Heart" doesn't make a good video game. Technical skill, professionalism, and experience do. All 3 things that Bungie has and 343 does not. If Microsoft paid Bungie to make an original formula game, I am pretty damn sure that Bungie would knock it out of the park.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's dying because of 343. At this point, Halo is at rock bottom and there is no where to go but up. Microsoft is rich and can pay them to develop Halo again. They can pay them more than Activision or anyone else. "Heart" doesn't make a good video game. Technical skill, professionalism, and experience do. All 3 things that Bungie has and 343 does not. If Microsoft paid Bungie to make an original formula game, I am pretty damn sure that Bungie would knock it out of the park.

Why would Microsoft pay them more than Activision?

There is. 0% chance that a Halo game can make as much for MS as Bungie is worth to Activision.

There is. 0% chance that a Halo game can make as much for MS as Bungie is worth to Activision.

Pretty sure Microsoft as a global company is the 3rd most profitable company in the world after Google and Apple. Don't think that's true for the game division however, everyone pretty much knows Activision is the highest paying publisher in the industry.

Because Bungie's Halo is what MADE Xbox and Xbox Live. It's the main reason people bought Xbox over PlayStation. I would say there is a great chance that an original formula Halo game made by Bungie would sell many millions, millions of Xbox Ones, and sell more than Destiny.

• Downvote (-1) 3

You are the one who is delusional. Original formula Halo made by Bungie sold millions and a new one with up to date physics, graphics, etc would sell many, many millions.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It would take multiple FANTASTIC games to bring Halo back to the top. Too many people have written Halo off already so one game won't fix that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So now you want to force Bungie to make a game they don't want? That's how you get a game with zero passion and charm. The only way we'll ever get a classic Halo game is if 343 and Bungie aren't involved and a new studio is formed that consist of people who understand what really made the original games popular. And that's not happening. Basically, there's no hope. The magic we saw in the original trilogy is forever gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So now you want to force Bungie to make a game they don't want? That's how you get a game with zero passion and charm. The only way we'll ever get a classic Halo game is if 343 and Bungie aren't involved and a new studio is formed that consist of people who understand what really made the original games popular. And that's not happening. Basically, there's no hope. The magic we saw in the original trilogy is forever gone.

You are making it sound like developing a new Halo title would be torture on Bungie's souls. We already have zero passion and charm with 343. At least with Bungie, we have professionalism, technical skill, and experience. I'm sure they are more than capable of delivering a quality original formula Halo game. There is no hope with 343, but if Bungie had this series back and tasked to make real Halo games again, they would be amazing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair, it took doom and wolfenstein one game each to make a comeback.

Those games cater to a broader audience. Whether or not they stay true to the classic gameplay foundations of Classic Doom or Wolfenstein is a completely different topic.

You are making it sound like developing a new Halo title would be torture on Bungie's souls. We already have zero passion and charm with 343. At least with Bungie, we have professionalism, technical skill, and experience. I'm sure they are more than capable of delivering a quality original formula Halo game. There is no hope with 343, but if Bungie had this series back and tasked to make real Halo games again, they would be amazing.

Yeah it would but Bungie doesn't want to do that. I like you, man. But what you're doing is like a guy begging his divorced wife to come back to him. She doesn't like him and she left for a reason and the guy now just looks desperate and sad.

It's over, man. Move on to a new series to love. I'm only still here for the memes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i don't want bungie making halo games anymore tbh, they are allergic to competitive multiplayer and esports

hard pass

let them make their little PvE games in peace

• Upvote (+1) 8

i don't want bungie making halo games anymore tbh, they are allergic to competitive multiplayer and esports

hard pass

let them make their little PvE games in peace

Destiny 1 eSports attempt: Has no private matches

Destin 2 eSports attempt: Can purchase PvP buffs via real money currency

I am convinced that Bungie doesn't give a fuck about Destiny eSports and they're just playing a sick game to see how long it takes for the community to collectively figure this out.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't understand why anyone would still have faith in Bungie when their peak was in 2001, and that was only because Hardy Lebel was the lead designer of CE's MP. The competitive gameplay of Halo took a nosedive each iteration after the first game, and they just stopped caring all together when they made Reach. Terrible story, terrible competitive MP, terrible everything.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The only scenarios I see that could that can get us out of this mess are:

• Stop making Halo games for at least 5 years, then make a spectacular comeback on the level of DOOM.

• Another developer realizes that classic Halo was a niche within the FPS genre that has been uncontested since 2010 and then makes a game with the same underlying philisophy as the original trilogy. The game is a sucess and manages to bring in new fans as well as OG Halo fans while Halo 6 sells even worse than H5, because people no longer need to play severely watered down Halo games to get their Halo fix.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah it would but Bungie doesn't want to do that. I like you, man. But what you're doing is like a guy begging his divorced wife to come back to him. She doesn't like him and she left for a reason and the guy now just looks desperate and sad.

It's over, man. Move on to a new series to love. I'm only still here for the memes.

I just see it differently. I have a job that I do because I want money. I don't necessarily want to do the job, but I need to make money and it's tolerable. The fact that I am working a job for monetary purposes has no negative impact on the work that I do. I do the best job possible. That's why I think "who cares if Bungie wants to do it or not". Developing games is a job, not Disneyland. If the money is there, I have full faith that they are more than capable of making a great original formula Halo again.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Because Bungie's Halo is what MADE Xbox and Xbox Live. It's the main reason people bought Xbox over PlayStation. I would say there is a great chance that an original formula Halo game made by Bungie would sell many millions, millions of Xbox Ones, and sell more than Destiny.

So because of nostalgia they should blow an unrecoupable amount of money, on a Dev who doesn't want to make the game

Sell more than destiny? Across xbox, ps4 and PC?

Yeah right...

• Upvote (+1) 3