CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

BR feels like H3. It may be a 5 shot but I think the spread is just bad because no one is getting perfect kills. SMG accuracy severely nerfed

Did they actually give it spread? The pre-patch BR just had a little bit of upward recoil.

Did they actually give it spread? The pre-patch BR just had a little bit of upward recoil.

Either spread or less megnetism I can't really tell tbh. It's just noticeably more difficult to kill with it

Either spread or less megnetism I can't really tell tbh. It's just noticeably more difficult to kill with it

Fire it against a wall and grab a screenshot?

First impressions?

BR either has a noticeable spread or it has more magnetism. I was getting hits on people where before it definitely would've been a miss. Gunfighter is useless.

Haven't tested it but I think they lowered RRR on BR so at least one positive change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just fired BARELY about a player's head and missed. I think the magnetism is gone

OMG stop you are turning me on and I'm at work. You need to disclose NSFW.

I don't like the sound of spread and 5 shot kill though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just fired BARELY about a player's head and missed. I think the magnetism is gone

Magnetism is definitely still there. Recoil is increased. Just aim lower and it's just as easy as before.

Edit: Definitely still a 4sk. You guys need to spend some time in the octagon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

OMG stop you are turning me on and I'm at work. You need to disclose NSFW.

I don't like the sound of spread and 5 shot kill though.

wait? A possible 5 Shot BR?

FUCK SAKE 343 YOU TRIED THIS BEFORE IN HALO 4. IT DIDN'T WORK.

Watching falcated right now.  its NOT a 5 shot kill, watched him get 2 4-shot perfects in a row, but the burst rate is a little slower so you have to stay on the target for longer to hit all the shots.  Total perfect TTK might be exactly the same.

Watching falcated right now.  its NOT a 5 shot kill, watched him get 2 4-shot perfects in a row, but the burst rate is a little slower so you have to stay on the target for longer to hit all the shots.  Total perfect TTK might be exactly the same.

Thank fuck

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thank fuck

LOL yeah. I remember the 5 shot BR from H4. that was awful.

Lots of complaining about the BR right now.  I think everybody needs to chill for a couple days and just play the game.

what are yalls thoughts on @GH057ayame leaving 343?

Makes me wonder if he left because it was a better opportunity or if he left because of H6's direction. Maybe both? 

OT, but South Park will have Master Chief in it this Wednesday. 

screen_shot_2017-09-11_at_9_0.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

LOL yeah. I remember the 5 shot BR from H4. that was awful.

Lots of complaining about the BR right now.  I think everybody needs to chill for a couple days and just play the game.

The problem with running a playtest when one thing is glaringly broken, is that it distracts from other things that might be broken. I felt like the Carbine was much more tolerable, but I don't know if that's true because everyone has a BR with similar ease of use to counter it with. Same thing goes for basically all of the guns they've changed. The only things that I can definitively say are improved are the Railgun and the Radar and that's only because we already know that the new Radar works better and because the Railgun changes are obvious and almost unanimously agreed upon as needed.

The Gunfighter Magnum has like 18 shots and recoils like nothing else.

The SMG's base spread was widened when hipfiring. Never got a chance to shoot it.

Grenade Launcher feels the same

BR definitely has more time between shots. Might have a tiny bit of spread now.

The Railgun takes a year and a half to charge.

Camo is actually invisible.

The AR blooms like a flower.

weapon skins don't work

• Upvote (+1) 1

Recoil in Halo.

Just what we needed more of.

If only there was some other way of making a weapon more difficult to use without having to add recoil! Damn.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The problem with running a playtest when one thing is glaringly broken, is that it distracts from other things that might be broken. I felt like the Carbine was much more tolerable, but I don't know if that's true because everyone has a BR with similar ease of use to counter it with. Same thing goes for basically all of the guns they've changed. The only things that I can definitively say are improved are the Railgun and the Radar and that's only because we already know that the new Radar works better and because the Railgun changes are obvious and almost unanimously agreed upon as needed.

what did they do to the railgun?

Recoil in Halo.

Just what we needed more of.

If only there was some other way of making a weapon more difficult to use without having to add recoil! Damn.

It's a nonrandom way to limit weapons at longer range while also accounting for people getting good at those weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The BR is noticeably more difficult to get kills with. It feels a lot like H3 without the leading and Im not sure if its a good thing. They either put spread in or the rate of fire is so much slower that it feels like they did. Sniper is now a lot more powerful due to the BR nerf, cross mapping a sniper is a huge no no after this update. So there's that.. 

Gunfighter is a pos weapon, get rid of it. Haven't got a chance to play with the other weapons, really didn't need to. Your focus is back on winning the match (positioning, map control, power weapons) and not running around the map like a idiot looking for a decent weapon before you can actually play the game. 

So I think its better but the new BR really shows how terrible the aiming system in this game is. Now that its more difficult you have to make tiny adjustments to your aim mid fight and its a nightmare when someone thrust. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's a nonrandom way to limit weapons at longer range while also accounting for people getting good at those weapons.

Yeah, the CE pistol and sniper were way too easy to use at long range. We just needed some recoil.

Edit: Come to think of it, all arena shooters need more recoil. The Quake railgun is ez mode w/o recoil.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow...so they're seriously tuning the weapons again 2 years after the game release?  I truly feel sorry for people that keep playing this game hahaha

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This is a huge step back. We are literally spawning with the H3 BR, just that it is hitscan and has magnetism like the H2 BR. Magnum starts for HCS please.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It feels like they're trying to emulate the Halo 3 BR with the connections I'm getting with these servers.  Can't say I'm a fan of the BR though, burst feedback always felt strange to me.

what did they do to the railgun?

Same thing they did with the Sniper/Beam Rifle. Reduced the unscoped magnetism without really changing the scoped.