CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What starting weapons would be ideal for this list? Anything short of recreating H3s weapon set would require compromises.

Regular starting weapons would be fine. Pistol/AR. I would have even been satisfied with BR starts. Part of the reason I was excited to play it was to experience H3 gameplay without equipment and with a weapon that could actually hit people. "So THIS is what it's like to actually kill someone in 4 shots." Not having to 10 shot people and worry about timing fucking regens sounded pretty nice to me.

The forge remakes being used have awful performance issues regardless, you guys wouldn't like it.

Is 343 willing to do anything about that with their actual map editor or are they just going to hand us forge remakes that blow? It seems like they have some type of relationship with a few forgers sometimes so there's no way they don't realize

The forge remakes being used have awful performance issues regardless, you guys wouldn't like it.

The Midship one looks fantastic, despite the issues. If only...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well that's the problem. Those are the ideal weapons and it probably isn't going to play like H3 without them. Even if they did recreate the weapons it won't be right. Its why my opinion is that they should stick to H5 being H5 and H6 being H6 etc and if they feel the need for a classic experience they should create specifically that rather than trying to force it into a place where it just isn't really going to work.

I mean, it's just a community playlist, not an attempt to turn h5 into something else.

I think the CE playlist was well recieved amongst h5 fans (even though i hated it). And i suspect this will play much better thanks to actually having h3 scale( though the the AR will likely ruin maps of it isnt seriously nerfed by then)

They should deliver a true classic experience, but this community playlist won't prevent them from doing that.

Regular starting weapons would be fine. Pistol/AR. I would have even been satisfied with BR starts. Part of the reason I was excited to play it was to experience H3 gameplay without equipment and with a weapon that could actually hit people. "So THIS is what it's like to actually kill someone in 4 shots." Not having to 10 shot people and worry about timing fucking regens sounded pretty nice to me.

But THESE brs, are stupidly easy. BR starts sucked ass in the beta, and they'd be even worse on maps scaled without SAs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean, it's just a community playlist, not an attempt to turn h5 into something else.

I think the CE playlist was well recieved amongst h5 fans (even though i hated it). And i suspect this will play much better thanks to actually having h3 scale( though the the AR will likely ruin maps of it isnt seriously nerfed by then)

I agree that the current AR will actually ruin any attempt at an H3 feel. Its way too accurate and strong to not fundamentally change everything. Can you imagine trying to challenge for green box by jumping up from plat and someone is waiting in green with an AR or even comes out of long/needles. That entire area is well within an acceptable range to kill someone with an H5 AR. It changes that whole area from a difficult push that you have to/should fight to make into almost guaranteed suicide unless they don't see it coming at all

I agree that the current AR will actually ruin any attempt at an H3 feel. Its way too accurate and strong to not fundamentally change everything. Can you imagine trying to challenge for green box by jumping up from plat and someone is waiting in green with an AR or even comes out of long/needles. That entire area is well within an acceptable range to kill someone with an H5 AR. It changes that whole area from a difficult push that you have to/should fight to make into almost guaranteed suicide unless they don't see it coming at all

Without a doubt the playlist will be unplayable with the current AR. unless you have a power weapon, You'd be a fool to use any other weapon really.

They should just make it BR starts.

Ya, It's easy to land shots with but being able to put down auto users with the spawn precision weapon is a core tenant of h3.

And not having tiered precision pick ups.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They should just make it BR starts.

Ya, It's easy to land shots with but being able to put down auto users with the spawn precision weapon is a core tenant of h3.

And not having tiered precision pick ups.

Yup. But instead we get the weakest weapon in the entire game with an AR as well. Absolute shit tier playlist. And the frame drops because every kid needs 5 million forge pieces. Lets just remove the forge kids they are clueless.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Yup. But instead we get the weakest weapon in the entire game with an AR as well. Absolute shit tier playlist. And the frame drops because every kid needs 5 million forge pieces. Lets just remove the forge kids they are clueless.

The maps are absolute barebones. The performance drops are from 343s inability to fix forge after they fucked it up. There's literally no way to forge map anymore with some performance issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The maps are absolute barebones. The performance drops are from 343s inability to fix forge after they fucked it up. There's literally no way to forge map anymore with some performance issues.

I mean I've had people go into maps and remove a bunch of shit and get a consistent frame rate. I'm sure once it launches I'm gonna be able to find well over 100 useless items. Yea 343 fucked their own forge super hard but it is possible to get stable frames if you give up on things that have no real purpose on a map. Like vines and grass.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I mean I've had people go into maps and remove a bunch of shit and get a consistent frame rate. I'm sure once it launches I'm gonna be able to find well over 100 useless items. Yea 343 fucked their own forge super hard but it is possible to get stable frames if you give up on things that have no real purpose on a map. Like vines and grass.

So in order to have workable forge maps, we have to gok back to reach level blandness

So in order to have workable forge maps, we have to gok back to reach level blandness

Shouldn't even be a debate. If maps need to be bland to work then they should be bland. Making it look "super cool bro" is stupid when we all know the issues forge has. Plus "bland" Moa sloot better an play better than whatever the hell H5 maps are where your nades bounce off a pebble on the floor.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

you've all played the h3 maps already? Shame if the performance issues are true.

I can't believe they changed a rendering solution and it introduced an unfixable bug into forge. Serious question - Who makes such a change in the middle of a games life cycle?

you've all played the h3 maps already? Shame if the performance issues are true.

I can't believe they changed a rendering solution and it introduced an unfixable bug into forge. Serious question - Who makes such a change in the middle of a games life cycle?

Iirc they said it wasn't unfixable just that they didn't think it was worth dedicating resources towards fixing

What kind of forger would try to simulate AR starts from H3?

Sounds like perfectly normal behavior for any For Chub denizen to me.

What starting weapons would be ideal for this list? Anything short of recreating H3s weapon set would require compromises.

Extended Mag-num. No secondary. This is not a complicated question at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is it the weakest weapon in the entire game?It has a faster ttk than the magnum if I remember correctly.

How is it the weakest weapon in the entire game?It has a faster ttk than the magnum if I remember correctly.

Have you ever tried actually using it? The suppressor is more effective.