CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Unfortunately at this point I think any video showcasing how broken sprint is will just result in some bullshit excuse for why the person sprinting was "being skillful" or "using the advanced mobility options to their full tactical potential".

I can't tell if it's PR talk or straight up delusion.

Looks like I'll be standing still and teabagging waiting for someone to shoot me so I can run away then.

@@Deez

Let's discuss this, shall we?

In your tweet, you claim people were able to escape without sprint in earlier Halo games, therefore sprint isn't a problem? Well you've got it all wrong, and here's why:

The fact that people can escape encounters is not the problem. Escaping bad situations is an important part of Halo and it is an ability in itself.

The problem people have with sprint is that it allows players to escape bad situations more easily than before, but with even less effort. The reason it is easier to get away with bad decisions is because sprint forces the chasing player to lower his weapon in order to chase at an equal speed, which means the fleeing player has the advantage.

You'll be tempted to say: "Yes but shields are attached to sprint, which means when you sprint away, your chaser doesn't have to stop and shoot until you do anyway, at which point your shields will still be down, so essentially you haven't gotten away with anything".

The problem is that the fleeing player still has the ability to run without being shot and pursued at an equal speed, and due to unlimited sprint, they can sprint until they reach the safety of their teammates. Sure, they could run to the safety of their team in Halo games that didn't have sprint, but they'd have to put up with being chased at an equal speed, and shot sultaneously.

A secondary problem is that it still leads to frustrating cat and mouse situations and does nothing more than put a pause button on encounters. As long as weapon lowering is forced, then sprint will serve to unnecessarily delay encounters.

Judging by what you said, you obviously think my logic has gone wrong somewhere, and I can tell you that a lot of people who dislike sprint believe every word of what I just said. So if I am indeed wrong - and I'm open to hearing why - then you'll be doing us all a big favour by explaining why. Because until we understand why we're wrong about that aspect of sprint, then no amount of short tweets will change our minds.

Edit: Could someone remind me of Josh Holmes' username? I just realized I directed this at Quinn.

@Sal1ent

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't venture to other halo forums, but how is the beta being received by other communities?

mixed views on it as a whole, sprint is one of the main issues.

I can't tell if people are serious but this is a glitch with spectator mode and killcams in the beta. Shooting when scoped in will result in a constant scope in and scope out effect. 

It doesn't lock on to players like it shows in spectator mode, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like I'll be standing still and teabagging waiting for someone to shoot me so I can run away then.

I'll try to make more vids. Looks like my first one sheded some light on how frustrating the game is to play. And I know this happens to everyone especially when you run into decent players.

I love how even on Waypoint people dislike Halo 5

Eventually 343i will only have fanboys on COD forums, they're in the process of isolating casual fans that started playing with H3 now.

so that was a spectator mode clip? nothing to see here then...

Yup, the guys reticle was not even close to the player and that scope thing happens every time.

It's on. Let's do this!

r8fPlpp.png

Make it more than - 5 for Slayer and - 8 for objective and we have ourselves a great medal

The /r/halo and wapoint polls also went heavily against sprint. And it goes both ways with what you're saying. If we don't know what the unspoken community wants or how big they are, why would we assume they are in favor of sprint. The spoken community has overwhelmingly gone against sprint.

I still just don't understand why taking sprint out is such a big deal for them. Regardless if it is in or not it is going to sell enough to make them a huge profit, so why not just take it out and let the community last longer than a few months, where they would have potential to make more money.

Any angle I try to look at their decisions from, it seem nonsensical and is infuriating.

Because ego. Removing sprint would massively hurt 343's ego. They're just like Bungie in the sense that they will never admit when they were wrong on some thing, regardless of how much the community protests against it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know your argument is full of shit when you can't even explain it. That's just a life fact.

Dota 2 and CS : GO communities are so vibrant.... glad we were able to upgrade our junk pc to start this year

Wish Halo had a site like this its so damn addicting... but I doubt something like this for our game would work

with this Community so small and so divided

What annoys me is seeing a million and one medals pop up when I kill someone.

I dont care or need to know that the guy I killed was reloading, or he was sprinting, or if it was a headshot (Other than a sniper) .

I noticed a new one in H5 to, "king slayer" . Killing the top guy on the opposing team I suppose. More clutter on screen.

You should be able to see these medals when checking your stats out online or whatever. Dont need to see it everytime you kill someone. Constantly having the annoucer say something.

In regard to new medals. I think there should be some crazy hard medals to get.

Sniping a guy overlift

Ninja - Probably hard for the computer to register a ninja though

2 for 1 medal

Bouncing bullets off wall medal

Im not sure if this is in the new game but I always thought it was funny, in pub matches to go around and just sticking people, going on a sticking spree the medal was I believe "Sticky fingers"

I probably sound contradicting but I rather replace the easy to get clutter medals with medals that dont happen often.

Dota 2 and CS : GO communities are so vibrant.... glad we were able to upgrade our junk pc to start this year

Wish Halo had a site like this its so damn addicting... but I doubt something like this for our game would work

with this Community so small and so divided

and no micro transactions... 

The only reason why you could make a H1/2/3 montage of people getting away is because 1. the servers are still pure shit, and 2. the netcode 343 programmed into those games is absolute horseshit.

So Josh is right, in a sense.

It's on. Let's do this!

r8fPlpp.png

Medal : Backpacker/Carrier

Description: Win a game when 2 or more of you team mates go negative. 

Lol that's not a straw man argument. A straw man would be if I was to counter an argument you hadn't made. I happen to know a thing or two about logical fallacies.

Ok so you didn't counter an argument I'd made, you merely said I'd made an argument which I hadn't. It's the same thing and it just tells me that you had no worthwhile response to my argument so just made me try to sound biased. Just stop posting.

• Upvote (+1) 1