CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Deleted the r/Halo thread. It is obvious that the Halo 4 kids are out in full force on that piece of crap, and 343 have shown to us that they just don't get it.

Halo is DEAD. It really is time to move on.

And to think this dude claimed he was over the honeymoon stage during the early beta.

I think you're over it now.

And to think this dude claimed he was over the honeymoon stage during the early beta.

I think you're over it now.

It's 343's selfish attitude that was the nail in the coffin. As somebody else said on these forums (sorry can't remember the name):

"They have Bungie's selfish attitude but without the talent"

I made a damn good song out of it though

Who is the lead head of Halo's campaign? It seems like they are the ones who are responsible for the multiplayer too. For example if they write in the story..''Master Chief sprints away as he is unable to defuse Didact's bomb''. As the bomb ignites Master Chief in a leap of faith jumps off the ship and clambers onto a unsc ship''. All the gameplay for the campaign they write trickles down to the multiplayer gameplay as well. Am I correct?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who is the lead head of Halo's campaign? It seems like they are the ones who are responsible for the multiplayer too. For example if they write in the story..''Master Chief sprints away as he is unable to defuse Didact's bomb''. As the bomb ignites Master Chief in a leap of faith jumps off the ship and clambers onto a unsc ship''. All the gameplay for the campaign they write trickles down to the multiplayer gameplay as well. Am I correct?

Seperate teams.

It's 343's selfish attitude that was the nail in the coffin. As somebody else said on these forums (sorry can't remember the name):

"They have Bungie's selfish attitude but without the talent"

I made a damn good song out of it though

I'll just try to pretend like Halo's multiplayer is dead for now. I will still give my feedback for the beta, and all that, but meh..I doubt they'll listen. I will continue to buy the books/comics and play the campaign (when the game starts selling for cheap).

Halo's pro community might be the most useless I have ever witnessed in comp gaming real talk. Quinn and Josh Holmes retweeting videos from Gandhi and Ninja about how sprint and all the other BS in H5 is fine and necessary in are just letting 343 think the comp audience will fold and ultimately accept these elements when we all know such elements will never be fully accepted and we all will be looking at another H4 situation real quick if significant changes are not made. Veteran pros like Ogre 2 who dont care about playing the politics game should voice their disapproval articulately and help 343 improve H5 as a comp title if they want H5 to succeed instead of doing nothing and just watching the train-wreck happen in front of them.

343 is going to move on with Halo 5 with or without the few hundred people here voicing their disdain. As long as they're willing to dump money in to any sort of tournament setup, people will play it. It's exactly how LoL has stayed afloat for so long despite being the skill-less call of duty of its genre.

Who would honestly want to watch it though? I remember thinking, when they showed the demo with the 2 pro teams playing for the first time, after the H2A tournament, wow, this is really boring!

False.

From a design perspective, increasing base player speed whilst slightly scaling down the overall size of the maps would accommodate the removal of sprint adequately. Also, increasing jump height back to CE/H2 proportions, combined with moving ground-pound to holding left-trigger + right-trigger (to allow for unencumbered crouch-jumping) would easily replace clamber, which like sprint, is a pointless replacement that serves no real benefit over crouch/spring-jumping.

From a programmatic standpoint, with a team the size of 343's studio, it's probably a week worth of work tops.

I was going to say they have to redesign the campaign aswel, but I thought, nah.

The campaign can have all the abilities it will keep casuals happy and have the option to turn them on in custom games, but by default have them turned off in match making.

Let me guess, you're a fan of sprint? I'm guessing feedback isn't so "immature" when it happens to be something you agree with.

343 asked for feedback, and they're getting it.

Nope. Don't like sprint at all.

Nice straw man.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Son....... I just read all the pages of this thread since I last posted in here.

This dude really used self selection as a defense when polls from the three largest halo communities one of them being the website of the company he works for saying they don't like sprint.

They're hell bent on not making what they consider to be Bungie Halo and will never take feedback into consideration when it comes to sprint.

Just fix MCC 343 continue to pervert this franchise as much as you like once you fix MCC.

From what I've gathered from playing a few games of the beta everything in H5 has been revolved around sprint, so its going to take a hell of an effort for sprint to be removed on our behalf and unfortunately I can't see it happening no matter how hard the facts against sprint are put in their faces.

The funniest thing is appealing to the masses is killing the franchise..though appealing to the real fans would make them and the sheep of the modern era buy the game. Now only the sheep are following the wolf dressed as the herder while the sheepdogs are trying to bark and warn them. 

Spot who is who... And yes, I'm  :salt:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've started using the SMG more than the AR, BR and DMR. It's the most overpowered weapon in the entire beta by far! I can spray down people like it's nothing. 

Welcome to Halo 5 where the SMG user beats out a guy who had two shots on you with the BR.

Like, I can live with Ground Pound, Sliding, etc but Sprint. Stop shoehorning it in. It doesn't work, stop saying it will work. Were onto the third game now with it, we are 1 Halo game away from being the Sonic of FPS games.

maxresdefault.jpg

Off Topic :  <3 Rachel McAdams.

Who would honestly want to watch it though? I remember thinking, when they showed the demo with the 2 pro teams playing for the first time, after the H2A tournament, wow, this is really boring!

H5 will be boring to watch cause sprint RUINS halo

And every HCS event I've watched so far has been HORRIBLY produced, which will make it even more boring.

Halo 5 will sell a bajillion copies and make millions, that's all 343 cares about, period. "Sell X units"

343's philosophy

Making a profit > Making a good game

After playing the beta i really think i could go into a store and close my eyes and pick between AW, Destiny, Titanfall and H5 and it wouldn't make a difference between its all the same shit now

What happened to wanting to make a better game than the competition?

Seems 343 just wants halo 5 to blend in with everything other console shooter :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Announcer: "Sellout!"
Description: Buy Halo 5 Guardians  :kappa: 

Announcer: "Janitor!"

Description: Kill 5 opponents with no shields in a row without dying.

Announcer: "Garbageman!"

Description: Kill 10 opponents with no shields in a row without dying.

Announcer: "Clean Up Crew!"

Description: Kill 15 opponents with no shields in a row without dying.

(if sprint stays)
Announcer:"Marathon Man!"
Description: Sprint more than 343 meters in a single match.

Announcer:"Tier 1!"
Description: Get an Overkill or higher with all headshots.

You can go from red/blue 2 to top mid by just sprinting and thrusting early. You'll get it every time.

You can also jump from bottom mid to red two with the ground pound.

What I was worried about from day 1, was the fact of who they hired for the "Pro" team.  I want to say this first are foremost, Ghost, Neighbor and StrongSide, are legends.  They know Halo inside and out, and I respect their opinions a great deal.  However, with that being said, does it worry anyone else that these "Pros" are not very "outspoken", from a personality type, point of view?

The only one I agree with is Ghostayame. Neighbor made a montage in which he hiked through a fucking forest and made out with a girl just so he could look "cool" in his shitty montage directed by Michael Bay.

He's a great Halo 3 player but to think that he has any influence in Halo 5 terrifies me.

Personally I'd take players that have been in the community forever and have experience in FPS on PC over pros that didn't win a tournament until Halo 3 any day.

I respect the opinions of people like Cursed Lemon, U4ix and other long time community members over most Halo pros that have never touched a PC game in their lives.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, because reading through 200+ pages in this discussion is tough, but I do at least try and come here at least once a day.  What I was worried about from day 1, was the fact of who they hired for the "Pro" team.  I want to say this first are foremost, Ghost, Neighbor and StrongSide, are legends.  They know Halo inside and out, and I respect their opinions a great deal.  However, with that being said, does it worry anyone else that these "Pros" are not very "outspoken", from a personality type, point of view?  What I mean, is that I just don't see these 3 giving criticism strongly such as, "Sprint is the worse thing to ever happen to Halo and it must go.".  I just have a feeling, especially since they are all hired full-time by 343i, that they won't be as vocal as they should be on such an important topic relating to the game.  Like most people in this world, they are less likely to strongly voice their negative opinions of the game, because making such a remark towards a supervisor, they may feel, might jeopardize their jobs, or how strongly their opinions may be viewed in the future.  Most of us, wouldn't stand up to our boss, and completely trash an idea that the boss believes is a "great idea" and is essential to the game.  Again, repeating myself, I respect these guys and everything they have done for the franchise, and everything they will continue to do, but I just don't know if they are the right people to represent the community when it comes to making this game.  And that is no knock on them, because I feel most people would do the same.  I, personally, would just feel more comfortable if "pros" such as Orge2, Snip3down, Ninja, Heinz, GandHi (I know, I know, hasn't actually competed in some time, but is always very opinionated), etc were the ones critiquing the game because they voice their opinions and, I don't believe, would be swayed in a particular way just because they were sitting in the same room as the developers.  (Sorry this post is a novel).  Don't know how many of you watched "The Sprint", but the most vocal of any of the brought in "pros" was Walshy.  It was one of the last few episodes of "The Sprint" but Walshy, from what the clip showed, was repeatidly stating what he thought should be added, or removed, even when he could tell that Quinn, and the other developers, weren't pleased to hear what he had to say, because he was siding against what was already in the build of the game they were playing. 

Sorry for taking up so much time for anyone that read this whole thing.  Just wanted to state what I thought, about the hired "pros" might not being the type of people needed to voice what all the other "pros", and majority of the community, were thinking. 

Thanks guys.

I wouldn't listen to the opinion of anybody on 343's payroll whether or not they are "pro"