CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

http://bfy.tw/D9pH

First video. Second kill.

Even throws in a thrust. Well how about that?!

Can you just link me to the video instead of your passive aggressive whatever.

• Downvote (-1) 3

This thread fucking sucks. I feel like I'm watching a bunch of 12 year olds argue.

I'm frankly shocked and appalled that you didn't manage to reference Shadowrun or Monday Night Combat in this post. I'm starting to think that you aren't truly a fan of super obscure competitive console FPS games that no one has played.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh yea, I actually can strafe while firing it. I just didn't in this clip.

Still waiting on that clip of YOU.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm frankly shocked and appalled that you didn't manage to reference Shadowrun or Monday Night Combat in this post. I'm starting to think that you aren't truly a fan of super obscure competitive console FPS games that no one has played.

Yea but at least those games have dpad support. HEALING TREE ACTIVATE! PRESSES DPAD DOWN

For seriously, this feels like that one classic forum thread where the guy doesn't get how one can workout 3.5 times a week.

Link for the uninitiated. Seriously one of the internet classics: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

• Upvote (+1) 5

More like a bunch of old angry men telling a 12 year old to get off their lawn. 

Maybe that's how see it but it just looks like a bunch of children fighting to me. It literally reminds me of middle school with AOL Chat rooms becoming a thing and they way people would argue.

The rare times this thread has an actual discussion, it's great. I'm done with this thread unless I see someone like Hard Way or Gobias post something.

I've grown tired of this topic.  Go buy Half-Life 2, it's a good game anyways you'll enjoy it, strafe while using the RPG, you'll see that it works.  I could go record it myself but I don't care enough about this hypothetical idea to go to that much effort just to make a point.

I'll be glad to discuss literally anything else but I've repeated all my points ad nauseum.  I have nothing more to say.

Also I think the best control device would be a gaming keypad that actually has a comfortable thumbstick combined with a moba mouse that actually has a good sensor, all at an affordable cost.  It would theoretically let you do anything and everything.  The one and only problem with Keyboard and Mouse is that it doesn't allow for analog movement.

Maybe that's how see it but it just looks like a bunch of children fighting to me. It literally reminds me of middle school with AOL Chat rooms becoming a thing and they way people would argue.

The rare times this thread has an actual discussion, it's great. I'm done with this thread unless I see someone like Hard Way or Gobias post something.

EVERYONE CLAP FOR THIS COOL GUY HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT HIM HES SO COOL GUYS HOLY SHIT GUYS LOOOOOOOK AT HIM.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

This thread is about Halo 5. A complete shit game. What do you honestly expect? Instead of the developer putting out updates that could make people happy, we get to discuss d-pad controlled rocket ideas from a moron. Maybe we should drown our sorrows in Emma Watson memes like the rest of beyond.  Would that make it better?   

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've grown tired of this topic.  Go buy Half-Life 2, it's a good game anyways you'll enjoy it, strafe while using the RPG, you'll see that it works.  I could go record it myself but I don't care enough about this hypothetical idea to go to that much effort just to make a point.

I'll be glad to discuss literally anything else but I've repeated all my points ad nauseum.  I have nothing more to say.

Also I think the best control device would be a gaming keypad that actually has a comfortable thumbstick combined with a moba mouse that actually has a good sensor, all at an affordable cost.  It would theoretically let you do anything and everything.  The one and only problem with Keyboard and Mouse is that it doesn't allow for analog movement.

Unpopular opinion: I prefer HL to HL2. HL2 feel like such a drag at some parts. Like boating.

Unpopular opinion: I prefer HL to HL2. HL2 feel like such a drag at some parts. Like boating.

I am playing Black Mesa and it is awesome.  Reminds me I need to finish it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reflex,toxikk,wickland,warsow,ratz instagib,unreal tournament,and xonotic.

This post reads like a list of names my 14 year old self tried to come up with to sound intimidating on Halo 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

This post is literally as irrelevant as mine, the only difference is you love to post this shit all the time. How do you not get tired or this? For someone who doesn't even play Halo 5 or even probably the other Halo's it definitely strikes me as odd. I saw you dug through my profile the other day so it must have been looking for that sweet sweet dirt. Hope you found what you were looking for.

EVERYONE CLAP FOR THIS COOL GUY HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT HIM HES SO COOL GUYS HOLY SHIT GUYS LOOOOOOOK AT HIM.

LMAO IT'S LIT FAM OK COOL CAN U STOP OKKKKK IM DONE LOL :fire:  :fire:  :rekt: . I mean how does this not completely represent my point? If i'm actually arguing with a teen than my bad do your own thing.

This thread is about Halo 5. A complete shit game. What do you honestly expect? Instead of the developer putting out updates that could make people happy, we get to discuss d-pad controlled rocket ideas from a moron. Maybe we should drown our sorrows in Emma Watson memes like the rest of beyond.  Would that make it better?   

Sure it's about Halo 5. People will have different opinions on where they rate it. I like Halo 5 more than Reach and 4. Others say they like Reach and 4 better. I don't really care for many of Boyo's ideas but I would rather listen to someone come up with ideas in the Halo 5 discussion thread than watch people go off about PC master race or other random shit to complain about. Obviously the D-pad idea is way out there but going back to what you said about it being more like "angry old men telling a 12 year old to get off their lawn." Is that really any better? Either way I think just enforces why this thread sucks for the majority of the times. Even that last part about drowning our sorrows in Emma Watson memes like the rest of beyond. I don't really care for that either in that thread but obviously there is a stigma about it right if you know it? So that's how you and others view that thread, understandably. How do you think others view this thread? Do you really think that people avoid this thread because Halo 5 is a bad game?

I mean for fucks sake ask the mods/staff if you don't believe me. The majority of people I know that no longer come here don't because of who is actively posting and not the game. Whether anyone here cares about it or not doesn't bother me. I just don't understand how people can't pick up on this though.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Half-Life 2 is overrated and analogue movement is worse for almost anything except perhaps racing games (which are best with a wheel anyway). Analogue sticks are trash. Cherry MX Red ftw.

:simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree entirely that Half-Life 2 is overrated.  It was innovative for it's time but that doesn't suddenly make it the best game ever like everyone seems to claim.  It's still a pretty good game in its own right though, and a good example of the RPG point.

The lack of analog movement doesn't bother me personally when it comes to PC shooters but I figure some would prefer to have the increased control over their strafe as an option.  Shrug.

It is still possible to achieve similar results to an analog stick even with binary (on or off) buttons. Hold button for full stick deflection, tap button with short periods between taps for major stick deflection, tap button with long periods between taps for minor stick deflection, don't press button for no stick deflection.

It's called pulse width modulation.

Man I hope to one day be as cool and mature as you Teapot. Like damn you are just such a great person. You're so much better than me wow.

It's almost like rather than one day ending this you just want to take it to the grave. W/e.

Yes

I would think there would be a lot more people here who dislike the game then. Interestingly enough there's a decent number of people in the HCS thread that don't enjoy the game either but like watching competitive Halo. Wonder why they're not in here then? 

I think it was Meadowlands 08 where I watched some disabled Rainbow Six Vegas player become a pro and played by using his face to press the buttons.

Really?

This post is literally as irrelevant as mine, the only difference is you love to post this shit all the time. How do you not get tired or this? For someone who doesn't even play Halo 5 or even probably the other Halo's it definitely strikes me as odd. I saw you dug through my profile the other day so it must have been looking for that sweet sweet dirt. Hope you found what you were looking for.

lmao. That delightful sense of self-importance shining through once more. I probably clicked on your name accidentally the last time you casually referenced Shadowrun. I don't need to dig anywhere for "dirt."

​I post this shit all the time? Get a grip, dude. I'm barely on Beyond at this point and have hardly posted at all in the past few months. The Boyo saga has been the stuff of legends and clearly worthy of a few quality shitposts. But sure, dude, just climb up on that high horse that exists only in your mind and make sure everyone knows how mature and intellectual you think you are. There's literally nothing interesting to talk about with regards to Halo 5, even if you are one of the few sad, delusional morons still trying to take it seriously as an esport. Those people have ridiculous twitter drama to engage in to stroke their ridiculous egos, as opposed to scoffing at the "childish" discussions on a forum for an irrelevant game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's almost like rather than one day ending this you just want to take it to the grave. W/e.

I would think there would be a lot more people here who dislike the game then. Interestingly enough there's a decent number of people in the HCS thread that don't enjoy the game either but like watching competitive Halo. Wonder why they're not in here then?

Because they're in the thread that's about watching competitive halo?

Did you think at all before you posted that?

End what lmao? I tried to talk to you like a normal human being and you blew me off and went back to your chat to talk shit. It's literally all on you man I already told you I had no issues with you before.

Oh I don't know maybe because they are fans of the teams in the players that are on the teams maybe something like that I don't know call me crazy I don't think it's the amazing game play