CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sooo.

Take the Bullshit close range pocket shotgun of the Boltshot.

But make it a fucking projectile weapon that insta kills regardless of shield, AT ANY RANGE?

HELL FUCKING NO

The sad thing is, we already have this in game. And it's actually in competitive play. It's called the Railgun. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The sad thing is, we already have this in game. And it's actually in competitive play. It's called the Railgun.

You spelled discount spartan laser wrong

• Upvote (+1) 1

The GL is a better designed weapon (well not the H5 one) but I think it's important to remember they are different roles.

yes.

I would take GL and Plasma Launcher over Caster, Rail, Hydra and Incin.

YES!

But the Laser already does what the railgun does. It's a Charge up, one shot kill with a long downtime. The Railgun is literally a waste of resources.

giphy.gif

Do you think there is any way that the Plasma Launcher and the Spartan Laser could be combined so that one weapon could function as both anti infantry and anti vehicle?

I was thinking that the longer you charged the Plasma Launcher, the faster the stickies would go. So if you did the full charge it would basically be 4 hitscan stickies, which would have the same effect as a Spartan Laser.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The only person who should be deleting anything is you deleting your account after getting so severely outplayed mate.

Shouldn't you have deleted your XBL after getting out AR'd all the time in matchmaking then :P

It would have to be a power weapon.

The way I imagine Halo's ideal weapon sandbox, virtually all weapons are "power weapons". In one way or another, whether it be through sheer strength or range or speed, like traditional power weapons, or through other means. For example, Unreal Tournament's Translocator would be extremely powerful in Halo, even though it's not even designed to do damage.

Traits like Plasma Stun can turn a mid tier weapon into what I imagine as "everything is a power weapon in its own right". I try to apply this philosophy of "overpowered balance" to the whole weapon sandbox. When everything is overpowered, nothing is overpowered.

It would be the strongest power weapon in the game in high level play with the ability to one shot kill anyone regardless of shield strength, while being totally useless in low level play, because it would be too hard for new players to use.

Isn't this a good thing? Difficult for noobs, powerful in the hands of masters. I don't see this as a con.

Power weapons such as the sniper/Rocket launcher/ Sword are supposed to be strong, as well as being somewhat usable for all skill levels

Yes. Traditional power weapons should work like that. Not all weapons are traditional power weapons but all weapons should be powerful (in some way).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nah that just makes everything overpowered

If everyone spawned with Overshields, would that make everyone overpowered or would that make no one overpowered?

If everyone spawned with Overshields, would that make everyone overpowered or would that make no one overpowered?

That's one item. If everything is OP that means that each weapon would dominate in its own niche. That would've make every weapon uncontestable within its intended range. It would basically be like a hero shooter.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ka5F7xL.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's one item. If everything is OP that means that each weapon would dominate in its own niche. That would've make every weapon uncontestable within its intended range. It would basically be like a hero shooter.

Isn't that the point of a fast killing utility weapon? To be able to contest, if not outright beat, other weapons in their niches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the mw2 philosophy. Make everything easy as fuck to utilize and make it all chaotic Fun. aboard the negs. Halo 5 with static starts doesnt do that right because it's starting pistol can't compensate for how Overzealous the rest of the weapon catelogue is. If people could 4 shot kill right out the gate with longer range then they might not even find the other pickups that intrusive. And you'd honestly see less AR spam. i'd rather simply change that one variable for the sake of benefiting Raw fun than sit around tweaking and gimping every current aspect for the sake of stern balance.

I'd sure get rid of bending sniper fire but i don't really believe Devs have the fucking balls to make the Sniper hard to use again as long as acrobatic Jump Dashing Mega Man X spartans are the default setting

• Downvote (-1) 7

You spelled discount spartan laser wrong

I like the Rail better, you can't whiff a shot and just pocket it for a couple of seconds to have another ready. Its ease of use is an entirely different discussion, however.

yes.

YES!

giphy.gif

Do you think there is any way that the Plasma Launcher and the Spartan Laser could be combined so that one weapon could function as both anti infantry and anti vehicle?

I was thinking that the longer you charged the Plasma Launcher, the faster the stickies would go. So if you did the full charge it would basically be 4 hitscan stickies, which would have the same effect as a Spartan Laser.

I mean maybe, but I wouldn't want to. the way they behave outside of the Charge up is so drastically different I would want both.

Death by AR is never an outplay.

IT IS IN 2017 HALO

YOU BETTER ADAPT ******

343 DID NOTHING WRONG

IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU ARE A DISGUSTING NOSTALGIA BLINDED BUNGIE FANBOY AND YOU SHOULD JUST LEAVE

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cool idea for the Boltshot Boyo, I'm not 100% on the "ignore shields" mechanics, but just turning the overcharged shot into a slow moving projectile that is affected by gravity sounds cool.

Maybe just make it a 2hk to the body and a 1 hk to the head instead of ignoring shields? It just doesn't click with me why we need another OS counter as long as plasma pistol and rifle exist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cool idea for the Boltshot Boyo, I'm not 100% on the "ignore shields" mechanics, but just turning the overcharged shot into a slow moving projectile that is affected by gravity sounds cool.

Maybe just make it a 2hk to the body and a 1 hk to the head instead of ignoring shields? It just doesn't click with me why we need another OS counter as long as plasma pistol and rifle exist.

Projectile Weapon affected by gravity doesn't fit with 343's 'chrome floaty space magic' Forerunners though.

• Downvote (-1) 1

IT IS IN 2017 HALO

YOU BETTER ADAPT ******

343 DID NOTHING WRONG

IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU ARE A DISGUSTING NOSTALGIA BLINDED BUNGIE FANBOY AND YOU SHOULD JUST LEAVE

Truthm.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was thinking that it could also be the only projectile capable of going through shield doors and Jackal Shields too.

Enemy thinks he's safe dancing behind Snowbound's shield door? Not so fast buster!

Enemy thinks he's safe crouching behind his Jackal Shield? Guess again goober!

Plus, I would also add a vehicle that has a hard light dome protecting the operator. It could counter that as well.