CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Max hoberman and certain affinity actually worked with Treyarch on call of duty. The black ops games use their spawn system, which is H2 at its core.

Word on the street is Certain Affinity is working on their own game, so.

Hype!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Max hoberman and certain affinity actually worked with Treyarch on call of duty. The black ops games use their spawn system, which is H2 at its core.

Halo 2 didn't have revenge spawns.

Hype!

Oh yay!

The minds behind h4 MP and doom 2016 MP making their own game.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh yay!

LOL this is what i was thinking too.

The thing i would like to know is, how much the parent studio had input into the H4 and Doom MP designs?  If Both studio's were like, "so yeah loadouts and RNG bullshit are going to be part of the game now" then fine.  When you're a contractor, you give the client what they want.  You try to provide guidance, but at the end of the day its not your decision.

If they were given free-reign to create the MP with the only real direction being "fit the franchise" then i'm not hyped at all for their own game.

Edit: somebody tell me their hands were tied in both cases so i can be hyped about something other than WWII and the PS4 i'll be buying in a few months

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing i would like to know is, how much the parent studio had input into the H4 and Doom MP designs? If Both studio's were like, "so yeah loadouts and RNG bullshit are going to be part of the game now" then fine. When you're a contractor, you give the client what they want. You try to provide guidance, but at the end of the day its not your decision.

If they were given free-reign to create the MP with the only real direction being "fit the franchise" then i'm not hyped at all for their own game.

Edit: somebody tell me their hands were tied in both cases so i can be hyped about something other than WWII and the PS4 i'll be buying in a few months

Does it really matter? They've made two of the most disappointing MP games of the past decade. Nothing they've produced has been good. Why would people get excited about a game they're making? At best, they're unproven.

Oh yay!

Read my conversation with MultiLockOn above. The DOOM maps are amazing, H2A has the best art style of any Halo to date and CA has yet to deliver a map that doesn't just look stunning. H4's bullshit was 100% not their idea and the blame for that garbage lies fully with Kevin Franklin, Quinn and the other "people who hated Halo because of X".

DOOM's MP has a lot of garbage, I agree, but I'll give CA the benefit of the doubt. Yeah it might have been CA's input, but it's IMO more likely that a higher up at Bethesda or id gave them a checklist of mechanics to make sure the game fit today's FPS market. And at least the game has a fuckton of good maps and interesting gametypes to make up for it, Halo 5 has neither.

Yeah we can sit here and say CA has been involved in a lot of shitty products, but I'm still curious what they can come up with if they're not under the gun of 343 or any other dev.

The thing i would like to know is, how much the parent studio had input into the H4 and Doom MP designs?  If Both studio's were like, "so yeah loadouts and RNG bullshit are going to be part of the game now" then fine.  When you're a contractor, you give the client what they want.  You try to provide guidance, but at the end of the day its not your decision.

It basically comes down to this: Were their hands tied or are CA the driving force behind these shitty mechanics? We'll see. Maybe @@MultiLockOn can provide some :intel:  once again.

And please do yourself a favor and do not get too hyped for CoD:WWII. The only thing the game has going for it is that they finally removed some of  the nonsense that was added with CoD:AW, but that doesn't mean the game can't suck. There is nothing revolutionary going on here and they probably still use that outdated engine with built-in lag even on LAN, terrible tickrates and P2P connections.

Sledgehammer already accidentally confirmed that supply drop weapons will be back and no theater has been confirmed as well. If it was Treyarch developing the game I could understand the hype, but remember that SHG hasn't made a single good game yet. Also, the mindless catering towards SJWs by allowing one to play as a black Nazi woman is nothing but cringeworthy. 

Bottom line is: the game is a return to form, which is great. But that's it. There's nothing this game offers that can't be found in any CoD pre-2014. I mean if you want to vote with your wallet to get the FPS industry to do away with the advanced mobility garbage that's cool, but I don't expect the game to live up to its hype.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just get Persona 5 when you get a PS4. By the time you're actually done investing time in it, Halo 6 will already have flopped and maybe someone will have made a better competitive FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh yay!

I'm not so sure that CA had much say in the direction of those games. The worst you can credit them for is that everything they've made has copious auto aim.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does it really matter? They've made two of the most disappointing MP games of the past decade. Nothing they've produced has been good. Why would people get excited about a game they're making? At best, they're unproven.

I'm not so sure that CA had much say in the direction of those games. The worst you can credit them for is that everything they've made has copious auto aim.

Multi and Basu beat me to it and stole the paraphrasing right out of my mouth.  If they are working on "something new," they might be able to actually be creative and make their own decisions, not be told what to do by the publisher or lead dev studio. 

And please do yourself a favor and do not get too hyped for CoD:WWII. The only thing the game has going for it is that they finally removed some of  the nonsense that was added with CoD:AW, but that doesn't mean the game can't suck. There is nothing revolutionary going on here and they probably still use that outdated engine with built-in lag even on LAN, terrible tickrates and P2P connections.

Sledgehammer already accidentally confirmed that supply drop weapons will be back and no theater has been confirmed as well. If it was Treyarch developing the game I could understand the hype, but remember that SHG hasn't made a single good game yet. Also, the mindless catering towards SJWs by allowing one to play as a black Nazi woman is nothing but cringeworthy. 

Bottom line is: the game is a return to form, which is great. But that's it. There's nothing this game offers that can't be found in any CoD pre-2014. I mean if you want to vote with your wallet to get the FPS industry to do away with the advanced mobility garbage that's cool, but I don't expect the game to live up to its hype.

LOL no worries.  Ever since the PTSD-inducing MCC launch the max my hype level gets for new games is like a 4/10.

And the "There is nothing revolutionary going on here" bit is exactly why i'm looking forward to the game.  Innovation is overrated. Chasing trends is stupid. Keep it simple ftw.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LOL no worries. Ever since the PTSD-inducing MCC launch the max my hype level gets for new games is like a 4/10.

And the "There is nothing revolutionary going on here" bit is exactly why i'm looking forward to the game. Innovation is overrated. Chasing trends is stupid. Keep it simple ftw.

Yeah can't argue with that. Sorry for the negativity, just wanted to give heads up to spare you the disappointment but you already took care of it lol.

The 1st page is epic, the pages after that color for you.

The third page is a tricky one. No matter how much you try to draw inside the lines, it will just spread out across the page.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah can't argue with that. Sorry for the negativity, just wanted to give heads up to spare you the disappointment but you already took care of it lol.

lol no problem.  I see where you are coming from and agree.  There aren't a whole lot of games studios that i have pre-launch confidence in anymore.

This would explain why they are so much better at making Halo, they've got to keys.

No, there's no keys in halo. We just finished this argument

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, there's no keys in halo. We just finished this argument

Closest we're ever getting is this gorgeous shit.

200px-300px-Captain_Keyes_%28Halo_screen

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone want to explain away CA's maps and their framerate, or their lighting? Who remembers the H4 DLC map Wreckage? Where if you fought a guy who was in blue base the sun melted your eyes?

Pretty sure they made Desolation and Tombstone too. And Remnant. All I'm saying is they have a lot of explaining to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone want to explain away CA's maps and their framerate, or their lighting? Who remembers the H4 DLC map Wreckage? Where if you fought a guy who was in blue base the sun melted your eyes?

Pretty sure they made Desolation and Tombstone too. And Remnant. All I'm saying is they have a lot of explaining to do.

Ugh.. desolation and tombstone. It's a shame that those maps were absolutely terrible in Halo 2. I wonder if scaling it down so the BR could actually be effective across map would have turned them into great maps or not.

Ugh.. desolation and tombstone. It's a shame that those maps were absolutely terrible in Halo 2. I wonder if scaling it down so the BR could actually be effective across map would have turned them into great maps or not.

Tombstone would have had to be scaled down to a 1:32 scale for the H2 BR to be effective cross-map. Lol