CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Halo 5 Guardians Discussion.

I know H5 is a bit stale and controversial amongst long term fans, but please refrain from insults and shitposting.

This is Halo 5 Guardians Discussion.

Not Halo 5 Guardians Insults and Backfire effects.

I know H5 is a bit stale and controversial amongst long term fans, but please refrain from insults and shitposting.

I know a piece of you died when you were typing this. My condolences bud.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I know a piece of you died when you were typing this. My condolences bud.

:mj:

You beat my edit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I was trying to come up with a Halo 5 Shitpost.

I did. I think.

If Halo MP is all about that #IMMERSHUN,

How come super soldiers need thruster packs on their power armour to make a tackle?

♫  Boyo loves Haaard Way, Boyo loves Haaard Way! ♫ 

Let's fucking go!

Beast v. Boyo. Halo 2 Zanzibar SMG starts. When the bridge falls you start fighting. Dynamic map piece comes into play. 

LOL first person to activate every element on the map wins the 1v1

Finally got a chance to sit down and read this argument. 10/10 would read again  :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Finally got a chance to sit down and read this argument. 10/10 would read again  :laughing:

Fuck I missed it.

Better shit post about it then so I can feel like I was a part of it.

b20c1baa65293960c840a3955188c7bc.jpeg

You aren't just a Boyo in my eyes, your eMano with those balls. Ballsiest mother fucker for a while. might've been dumb as fuck but at least it was consistent and you stuck with it.

No I am not going to be constructive. Me shitpost now.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well that was entertaining....

Was there ever a reason why Extraction didn't return? Or Ricochet? Or was it planned to be in one of the "Free" DLCs but they had to remove it to make space for amazing, awesome content like Torque?

We were never given a concrete reason why Extraction, Oddball, Assault or KotH weren't included on launch day, or why 3/4ths of those still aren't default gametypes.

Since Day 1 of launch I have always operated under the assumption that something happened in the middle of development that reset a lot of their work.  Or their project management was trash and they spent way too much time on getting the engine to work on the One's anemic hardware, working on warzone and working on breakout.  There was and still is just so much content missing.

-Incomplete Campaign levels.  Does anybody believe that the 3 "take 2 minutes to talk to these people aaaand you're done!!" campaign levels were originally story-boarded that way?  Doubtful.

- No forge

- No dev big team

- multiple missing staple gametypes.

- GIANT install size 

- etc etc etc

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well that was entertaining....

We were never given a concrete reason why Extraction, Oddball, Assault or KotH weren't included on launch day, or why 3/4ths of those still aren't default gametypes.

Since Day 1 of launch I have always operated under the assumption that something happened in the middle of development that reset a lot of their work.  Or their project management was trash and they spent way too much time on getting the engine to work on the One's anemic hardware, working on warzone and working on breakout.  There was and still is just so much content missing.

-Incomplete Campaign levels.  Does anybody believe that the 3 "take 2 minutes to talk to these people aaaand you're done!!" campaign levels were originally story-boarded that way?  Doubtful.

- No forge

- No dev big team

- multiple missing staple gametypes.

- GIANT install size 

- etc etc etc

They reworked something which means they couldn't port the gametypes over. While remaking all of them, I guess they realised they weren't going to have all of them in a decent state if they focused on all of them and instead focused on a select few to polish very well (CTF, Strongholds, Slayer and sadly, Breakout). Assault eventually came back and has Ricochet and Oddball support, just in the loosest sense.

The campaign was cut and gutted, you're right. There was going to be an almost equal split of Blue Team and Osiris missions but a lot of the Blue Team ones were cut. There was a whole Blue Team hub set aboard Infinity (hub meaning those little spaces on Meridian and Sanghelios) and the city that Battle of Noctus, Empire and Eden was set in was cut too. The hub levels were going to be a lot like Destiny's Tower where you could go, get a mission, go out and do it and return (I think, heard conflicting things). It was basically exactly like that leak from a few years ago.

Forge was cut to give it a little more time in the oven - why it wasn't done at launch, who knows but I'm happy they took their time with it. No dev BTB maps was because Warzone was the focus, they expected it to be a decent replacement.

The giant install size is because they have one big file basically instead of a different version of the game for each region. I think Gamecheat13 said that they include all language packs in Halo 5 by default, making the size much bigger than it needs to be. Pretty sure Gears 4 does the same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who else is excited for boyo to get another idea

He's gonna take your hamster bubble shield ball next. Just wait and see.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is Gold Bar at 5k?

I soon will stand among the titans, immortal.  Everlasting.

The superior gold bars of Beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is Gold Bar at 5k?

I soon will stand among the titans, immortal.  Everlasting.

The superior gold bars of Beyond.

I'm going to neg rep you every time I was going to upvote you :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm going to neg rep you every time I was going to upvote you :kappa:

Fine, I'll just go post spongebob memes in the HCS thread.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's the easy way out

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If your on Halo Dead or A Five: Mediocre in the near future, and I am online, care to shit on my map A little?

If your on Halo Dead or A Five: Mediocre in the near future, and I am online, care to shit on my map A little?

You should ask Boyo instead. He's much smarter and not as whiny. Sorry Multi there's a new Edge Lord Forge Master in town.