CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"Getting somewhere faster isn't an advantage durrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Do you want me to actually respond to this idiocy?

• Downvote (-1) 2

In no sprint halos, do you guys still want the power up animation? I was surprised how much I enjoy it being in h5

I find the addition of power up animation is really amsuing.

I assume that 343 created it as a response as to how OS resets fights, and applied it universally for the sake of consistency. Of course its entirely possible based on 343s track record that exists solely for "muh immershion" but I will give them the benefit of the hilariously large amount of doubt that they really dont deserve at this point that its the former reason.

Assuming that is the reason, then it never addrssed the fucking problem, OS still resets fights, the solution would be to have players not be capable of charging the OS while taking damage, which leaves the power ups mechanically untouched.

But then this is the same company that changed power ups not be picked up simply by walking into them in Halo 4 so what did do you fucking expect at this point other than them to completely fuck up a simple solution to a simple problem.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not about getting somewhere faster. It's about

1: HOW you get there

2: What you can do once youre there

3: How much faster you are than everyone else

That depends, are you replying to your own, out of context strawman interpretation of what was said or to the in context reasoning provided by both beast and multi.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

It's not about getting somewhere faster. It's about

1: HOW you get there

2: What you can do once youre there

3: How much faster you are than everyone else

So you would have no problem playing at 90% movement speed while everyone else played at 100%?

After all, it's about how you got there.

• Downvote (-1) 1

That depends, are you replying to your own, out of context strawman interpretation of what was said as or to the in context reasoning provided by both beast and multi then

If your argument is so strong then post in right now so I can respond to it.

SPEED BOOST IS NOT ENOUGH OF AN ADVANTAGE TO WARRANT BEING A POWERUP IT ISNT NEARLY AS USEFUL AS CAMO OR OS

There it's even really big for you.

Can a player with regular shields outstrafe and outshoot a player with an over Shield?

Go back and read multi and beasts post, they already did.

So...no then? You are refusing to post whatever irrefutable argument you have?

So...no then? You are refusing to post whatever irrefutable argument you have?

Im telling you to read the ones that already exist you fucking nugget.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Can a player with regular shields outstrafe and outshoot a player with an over Shield?

Thata not a relevant point at all nor did it address the statement. Can someone PLEASE address me and not give dumb stupid sentences? Like HELLO? Actually give me a relevant point pls.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I usually don't post here as it is usually a mess, but this is reminding me of Beyond's primetime.

@@Boyo, your idea seems interesting. However, I feel Favyn's philosophy is 100% better.

I also don't recommending against arguing against Multi, as he has made good maps in H5 which is hard considering you have lots of base trait abilities (another thing Favyn covers).

I appreciate the initial thought, but it basically babbled down to pettiness. Your ideas won't survive, no matter how good or badthey are, if you act this way.

Anyways yeah peace out dudes

Hope you enjoyed your time here.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So you would have no problem playing at 90% movement speed while everyone else played at 100%?

After all, it's about how you got there.

I'm saying those 3 factors need to work in tandem while moving faster.  Several other forgers have tried creating key maps now after I created the first.  Several of them tried adding crazy paths that build themselves in the air, really cool concepts.  But it doesn't matter because a player is so exposed it doesn't matter if it's a quicker route because you'll just die.  Especially in your implementation where everyone can use the same paths as you, it's not even key specific.  Imagine if I added a long pathway floating between the two ships on Boarding Action.  It doesn't matter if theres a physical path that I can walk across quicker than any other players who are stuck on their ship; I will fucking die trying to cross it.

Now imagine if everyone could build these paths.  Nothing would change.

Now imagine if you could only do it one time before you had to go back to your base.

Now imagine spawning, running to the zone and standing there for 5 seconds every time.

​Now imagine spawning a bridge and someone else uses it.

Trust me man, I've spent a lot of time thinking about maps with dynamic elements; it might be worth it for you to watch my Arcanum commentary.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Thata not a relevant point at all nor did it address the statement. Can someone PLEASE address me and not give dumb stupid sentences? Like HELLO? Actually give me a relevant point pls.

You're gay

• Upvote (+1) 8

Im telling you to read the ones that already exist you fucking nugget.

Could you just repost them for me in a reply since you seem to know exactly what they are. Thanks.

I find the addition of power up animation is really amsuing.

I assume that 343 created it as a response as to how OS resets fights, and applied it universally for the sake of consistency. Of course its entirely possible based on 343s track record that exists solely for "muh immershion" but I will give them the benefit of the hilariously large amount of doubt that they really dont deserve at this point that its the former reason.

Assuming that is the reason, then it never addrssed the fucking problem, OS still resets fights, the solution would be to have players not be capable of charging the OS while taking damage, which leaves the power ups mechanically untouched.

But then this is the same company that changed power ups not be picked up simply by walking into them in Halo 4 so what did do you fucking expect at this point other than them to completely fuck up a simple solution to a simple problem.

It's simpler than you're saying. The movement is quick, so it would be easier to just fly in nd get the power up no issue. With the animation, there has to be some risk.

It's simpler than you're saying. The movement is quick, so it would be easier to just fly in nd get the power up no issue. With the animation, there has to be some risk.

That risk can be acheived by placing the power ups in nade traps and other risky positions.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There's this really cool video that delves into a forger's perspective of implementing a dynamic map element as a power weapon that opens new routes with the inspiration of Quake. I think it could provide a lot of insight for you when you take a look into your own ideas of dynamic map elements. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DH8IkJFck

I wish I could plus rep you more for that.

• Upvote (+1) 5