CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

One player who can move faster than all other players on the map has absolutely no advantage? This is what you are saying to me?

Do you really think speed boost is on par with camo and OS?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So we agree that speedboost is completely useless?

Please stop with the false equivalents.

Sure, at its base functionality, speed boost gets you somehwere quicker.

But typically its used for its ability to provide one with better strafe in engagements.

Which is really niche and honestly not all that strong, but that does mean it does not need to be set on a slow ass 2/3 minuite timer. It can be a weaker, faster spawning pick up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But are you a bamboozler?

Hell if I know, but that piece of paper is gonna look mighty fine next to my etch-a-sketch drawing that got me into college

This kid doesn't even understand his own idea, and then gets mad when other people "misrepresent" it. My favorite part was when he called everyone Waypoint kids when this is literally the most Waypointy idea I've ever heard on this forum, and Multi was talking about bubble shield hamster balls a couple months ago.

There's a way to make the concept work, but you're not there yet. Not even close. People have tried to tell you why, but given your responses to it, well, fuck that. I was interested in giving feedback to dial it in a bit more too, but not when you behave like a petulant child when people go out of their way to explain the GLARING flaws in your idea. I don't know why you even asked for feedback if this is how you're going to behave. Maybe you just wanted people to tell you how smart you are, who knows. If that's the case, keep looking, because by now we all think you're a fucking idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The advantage is useless in the grand scheme of things.

If you know the grand scheme of things, why even play the match? Why don't you just tell us who would win and we'll give them the prize money.

Since H5 is teamshot heavy, yes. Unless the speed boost drastically increases strafe speed and acceleration (which it doesn't) you just run headlong into the enemy faster than your teammates.

You are fucking ********. This advantage doesn't give an advantage because stupid players will die anyway. Thanks for that high level analysis boss.

Do you really think speed boost is on par with camo and OS?

Where did I ever compare them?

• Downvote (-1) 4

This kid doesn't even understand his own idea, and then gets mad when other people "misrepresent" it. My favorite part was when he called everyone Waypoint kids when this is literally the most Waypointy idea I've ever heard on this forum, and Multi was talking about bubble shield hamster balls a couple months ago.

There's a way to make the concept work, but you're not there yet. Not even close. People have tried to tell you why, but given your responses to it, well, fuck that. I was interested in giving feedback to dial it in a bit more too, but not when you behave like a petulant child when people go out of their way to explain the GLARING flaws in your idea. I don't know why you even asked for feedback if this is how you're going to behave. Maybe you just wanted people to tell you how smart you are, who knows. If that's the case, keep looking, because by now we all think you're a fucking idiot.

Nah dude he got us, trolled us all so bad we actually critiqued his work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 6 should have a slow down powerup at every spawn that is instantly picked up that turns off your sprint ability. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

You are one of the few people who seem like they are actually good at shooters. I honestly would be interested in your feedback. No sarcasm or anything.

Holy fuck

How bout you point out how stupid I am with a relevant argument instead of posting two word shit posts.

You are fucking ********. This advantage doesn't give an advantage because stupid players will die anyway. Thanks for that high level analysis boss.

I think you need to go learn how to comprehend what you're reading. I said "It's not good because it doesn't make a singular player able to overcome the heavy teamshot meta that dominates halo 5" in much less word because being succinct is kind of important.

Look, as your boss I hate to say this, but we're going to have to let you go. You're next week paycheck has already been deposited and Waypoint has made a stellar offer for you to move over there if you so choose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are one of the few people who seem like they are actually good at shooters. I honestly would be interested in your feedback. No sarcasm or anything.

bwahahahahahahahahahaha :laughing:

edit: Double Kill!

• Upvote (+1) 1

How bout you point out how stupid I am with a relevant argument instead of posting two word shit posts.

@@shitlin Take some notes here. This guy is your next goal in TB.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Hamster Ball bubble shields is waypointy? I think you vastly overestimate the waypoint user base.

After all the image of a top halo team rolling a bubble shield across The Pit sounds so gloriously silly to watch its kinda awesome really.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think you need to go learn how to comprehend what you're reading. I said "It's not good because it doesn't make a singular player able to overcome the heavy teamshot meta that dominates halo 5" in much less word because being succinct is kind of important.

Look, as your boss I hate to say this, but we're going to have to let you go. You're next week paycheck has already been deposited and Waypoint has made a stellar offer for you to move over there if you so choose.

No offense but is my hypothetical game type in Halo 5? No? Then maybe you shouldn't use Halo 5 as your baseline. Maybe try to think about it without all the shitty mechanics that whoever industries made you play.

You could stack 100 speedboosts in Halo 5, it still won't do shit lol

Quote me where I said a fucking word about halo 5.

No offense but is my hypothetical game type in Halo 5? No? Then maybe you shouldn't use Halo 5 as your baseline. Maybe try to think about it without all the shitty mechanics that whoever industries made you play.

I mean you did bring it up as a Halo gamemode in the H5GD thread. And, every Halo after CE has been pretty teamshotty so I'm confused at which Halo you mean. Also since H4, H2A, and H5 are the only ones with a speed boost you can take your pick.

That's nice of you to say, but the people you are going off on are just as good, if not better than me. And they're very intelligent and understand game design. It's okay to go back to the drawing board on hypothetical stuff like this. You're in the right place for criticism and feedback, but you have to be receptive to it.

If tomorrow is a slow day at work I'll go into specifics, but multi, tryhard and nick have already pointed out some of my biggest gripes. My biggest suggestion is to be more receptive to the people trying to help you.

I'm so glad we have Boyo ahahaha this place is fun.

I'm so cool. When I get proven wrong, I disappear. Then reappear without rebutting any arguments and pretend like I won.

That's nice of you to say, but the people you are going off on are just as good, if not better than me. And they're very intelligent and understand game design. It's okay to go back to the drawing board on hypothetical stuff like this. You're in the right place for criticism and feedback, but you have to be receptive to it.

If tomorrow is a slow day at work I'll go into specifics, but multi, tryhard and nick have already pointed out some of my biggest gripes. My biggest suggestion is to be more receptive to the people trying to help you.

So humble. Mad respect dog.