CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The easiest way for 343 Industries to actually understand and acknowledge our feedback is not to purchase Halo 5. If it hasn’t been evident to you 343 has constantly ignored or brushed off our feedback for the last couple years. Let’s be real here what product has 343 launched that has not screwed the pooch in some way? CEA didn’t have a faithful Multiplayer remake and instead stuck some CE maps (and a Halo 2 map for some reason) into Reach and it felt awkward and forgettable. Halo 4 is Halo 4 and its mere existence is a plague on this franchise. Last but not least comes the colossal train wreck that is the STILL unfixed MCC, and its failure of a launch has left a very bitter taste in the gaming community’s mouth and now when people think of Halo they think of the worst game launch in arguably many years.

It’s frustrating because the overwhelming response to the Halo 5 Beta in regards to sprint has been yet another unanimous ‘No’ from the community. The Beyond forums said no, r/Halo looks similar, and all of my friends who are casual gamers are disappointed in the Halo 5 Beta so far. So who is this ‘larger audience’ that 343 claims to be catering to? More importantly, WHY are these people the focus of a Halo game rather than the fans of Halo? What makes grabbing their attention more important than the people who poured money, heart, and soul into this franchise? It’s completely illogical.

Fact is that Halo 5 may improve and become a some-what decent game but the community it is catered towards will forget it a week later when the new Call of Duty drops just like it did back in 2012. The difference this time is that there will be almost no community left to support it. Halo has had far too man strikes in a row and missing the mark one more time will kill this franchise.

No franchise has ever succeeded and thrived when it constantly creates games that do not interest nor appeal to the core audience that has been supporting it in the past. Fans have been, and miraculously still are, obsessed, passionate, and unmoving in their love for Halo. Yet that passion is or has died or faded for the vast majority of gamers who once considered themselves fans of Halo and it cannot be rekindled.

If 343 wishes to see success in this crippled and dying franchise listening to the fan base that still remains is the only way to do so. Ignoring that said fan base will result in this franchise dying off once and for because no one wants to play Halo 4 Part 2 nor do they wish to play the next Spartan Assault spin-off. As I have said before, I will not be supporting, purchasing, or recommending Halo 5 to any of my friends and you should do the same. Let’s make it very clear to 343 Industries that the Halo they want to push onto us is not what we want and demand that Halo be taken back to its true ‘Arena style combat’ roots. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Like Lemon said, the "casuals" had their chance to support the game and they failed. Destroying a franchise to appease people who are going to shelve the game a month or so down the track is horrifying. 

Talking to people who actually want your game to succeed like they're worthless is a good way to make your game fail. We've seen 343 employees on these forums who make one post and then disappear into the wind like Keyser fucking Soze, can we have some back and forth at least? I want a discussion I don't want to be talked to.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Every argument against sprint has been made...No good argument for keeping sprint has ever been made....343 still chooses to keep it... Fine.

It's their game and they are free to do what they want... I honestly just don't have interest in playing it. If they get MCC working 100% here in the next 6 months then I will just play that and I will watch Halo's population dwindle into nothingness yet again...

The grenade radius is way too big.  I am losing almost all if not all my shields from grenades that are exploding way too far away to be doing that kind of damage.  

I think grenades are just as powerful as they should be, it's the fuse time that needs to be dramatically increased. Having a pocket nuke bounce once and blow up in your face is dumb. At least H1's powerful nades had to come to rest, and then wait a full second or so before exploding. This gave more than enough time to react and avoid them.

To be fair, I bought into the whole immersive reasoning (I didn't agree with it, but it made sense from their point of view regardless of how bad it is for competitive gameplay). What I don't like is the fact that the rest of the game is so half-assed on immersion that it makes no fucking sense to defend sprint on those grounds. Kill cams and black screens while dying? Cheesy music while waiting for respawn? An announcer who sounds like he was castrated? Medals that don't mean jack shit? Hand fives and ugly-ass graphics telling which team you're on?

That's not fucking immersion. This game makes me feel embarrassed as an adult playing it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can someone please link me Lemon's post on Sprint? I need to use it for reference 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-303?do=findComment&comment=352999

Here, i have it bookmarked..

On another note, It's becoming easier and easier to think about not buying Halo 5, Hell i bought Reach before i even had a working 360, *My last one conked out:(*  Bought halo 4 even though I knew it sucked, Had to put as much time into the competitive shooter i loved.

But Fuck man, i am tired of being shit on  Halo Needs to Be fucking Halo, Not Call of Halo: Destinyfall. I Like innovation, H1,h2,h3 had leaps and bounds between them*Even with me being a 08 kid i can see that.*  Give use good mechanics that can promote the game,  Sure they might not be balanced in the beta, but take our feedback and make them better(Clamber, Thruster.)

My new years resolution is to not buy halo if its another shitty general fps that fills the market.   May i be able to keep it.

To be fair, I bought into the whole immersive reasoning (I didn't agree with it, but it made sense from their point of view regardless of how bad it is for competitive gameplay). What I don't like is the fact that the rest of the game is so half-assed on immersion that it makes no fucking sense to defend sprint on those grounds. Kill cams and black screens while dying? Cheesy music while waiting for respawn? An announcer who sounds like he was castrated? Medals that don't mean jack shit? Hand fives and ugly-ass graphics telling which team you're on?

That's not fucking immersion. This game makes me feel embarrassed as an adult playing it.

It is EXTREMELY "bro" in it's current state.... I loathe it with every ounce of my being.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know if anybody here knows who Jeff Gerstmann is, but he's a video game reviewer and hates Halo, but likes Halo 5.

So...... wedad

ight 343i real shit give us 4 playlist without sprint. Fuck it. I don't even care about splitting the community anymore. I would rather have split community than a shitty game.

Team Slayer.

Team Objective.

FFA

Team Hardcore.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just want a good game.

I may not get a VIP invite to the Xbox lounge because of it, but oh well. 

You run a kickass forum with a ton of amazing users, that in itself is better than a VIP invite to whatever the fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I tried to be positive about Halo 5, I really did. I still think there are some good aspects to it. But sprint is not one of them. I want more than anything for Halo to be the best it can be, not because I'm "Totally MLG Elitest", because when I grew up Halo was something I used to escape from a lot. Halo 5 throws things into the mix that drive me away. Halo is one of those "safe havens" for a lot of people, and it's being systematically destroyed. I will play the beta when I can, and I will continue to play Halo MCC, but purchasing Halo 5? Only if someone else buys it for me because I'm just sad about the future of Halo, and I don't want to be apart of it.

Ok, so I tweeted a video to josh Holmes, showing the possibilities with sprint and how bad it is for gameplay, and he actually responded, which was something I didn't really expect, this is the conversation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/account

I do think these guys get it.

That link needs some works maybe?

ight 343i real shit give us 4 playlist with sprint. Fuck it. I don't even care about splitting the community anymore. I would rather have split community than a shitty game.

Team Slayer.

Team Objective.

FFA

Team Hardcore.

U mean without right?

It is EXTREMELY "bro" in it's current state.... I loathe it with every ounce of my being.

Quinn is basically the epitome of a dude-bro, so I'm not surprised that Halo 5 comes off as a "dude-bro" game

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1