CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This is another issue, there are but on the other hand whatever Halo game you hand them (sprint or not) they'll like either way. I just don't see why their voice really matters if their always happy either way.

So it's just the casuals that play for 1-2 mo? Where do they hang out? Even reddit which is like the most casual place Ive seen hates Sprint. I haven't been in the scene since like 2007 so I'm out of the loop on this stuff.

I bought a Wii U the other day because I couldn't rely on the new HaloBox after MCC and the beta. After playing Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros, I'm jealous of the people who can rely on these games to constantly be what they expect. I know people didn't like Brawl within the community but they were able to bounce back better than ever. We haven't bounced back for two Halo games, and it doesn't look we'll bounce back after Halo 5.

As I talk with one of my friends who plays at the pro level in CS, I'm reminded of how a game can keep core mechanics (again, even with a shitty launch, Valve stepped in and now CS:GO is on a fucking roll).

Why is Halo becoming TitanFall and Call Of Duty? We Never Peaked during our stride, and that's what is pissing me off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been thinking about the logistics if sprint was removed for the HCS settings. Surely the option to remove sprint will be in the game as they recieved so much flak for not including the option in Halo 4. Obvious challenges include convincing 343 to modify their settings that much and problems with the maps.

However, such a stance right now isn't appropriate. We should continue to argue against sprint 100%. I am simply thinking of soluions if sprint isn't removed from the game. But I completely understand at that point many simply wouldn't care. I might not, either

Sorry if this may be spam, but please support

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2r2en3/sprint_is_still_a_get_out_of_jail_free_card/

I would also appreciate some upvotes on my comments... having a negative karma overall kinda sucks. But these kids are hella stupid

include lemon's post in this. We need to go full force against sprint, leave no post/video that can help our cause behind.

I've been thinking about the logistics if sprint was removed for the HCS settings. Surely the option to remove sprint will be in the game as they recieved so much flak for not including the option in Halo 4. Obvious challenges include convincing 343 to modify their settings that much and problems with the maps.

However, such a stance right now isn't appropriate. We should continue to argue against sprint 100%. I am simply thinking of soluions if sprint isn't removed from the game. But I completely understand at that point many simply wouldn't care. I might not, either

There will no option to turn off sprint. 343 wants everyone to play the same game across the board, just look at H2A (competitive settings aren't tweaked that much from default). Quinn also had a tweet about half a year ago saying if ghost was to tweak a setting for competitive gaming he would be tweaking it for the entire game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After a quick explosion of anger over Josh's tweets, I decided to write an extra-long, extra-mad rant about 343i, Halo, sprint, everything.

Well, there's too much good shit just in the last few pages of this thread that I feel I don't even need to. Plus, to be honest, I'm tired. Hardly mad anymore, just tired and feeling let down. So how much criticism (and not just "FUCK U" posts, but real, in-depth, and important criticism) has fallen on deaf ears? I know sprint has supporters (for god knows what reason) and critics, but any rational human being would at least take these anti-sprint arguments in to account, and at least acknowledge that there is a problem here. 343i just seems SO dead-set on including it in Halo 5, but I have not seen a proper reason yet, and no, those ultra-immersive little white lines on my screen while I'm sprinting aren't a good reason.

I get not everybody feels the same, but how downright disrespectful to not even provide a well thought out reason as to why sprint is beneficial to them, like so many people have done here and elsewhere for years now?

Halo 5's a no-buy. What the hell, Josh?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want a good game.

I may not get a VIP invite to the Xbox lounge because of it, but oh well.

I am glad that you are not taking the Greenskull approach. I appreciate it that you are a prominent community member with a platform and not Bowing down for free rides in a Warthog and lifetime supplies of Mountain Dew.

Good job

• Upvote (+1) 8

include lemon's post in this. We need to go full force against sprint, leave no post/video that can help our cause behind.

Yes.

@@Batchford you have to include as much logic and as little bitterness as you can in that OP.  All popular posts, videos, and topics on sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Like It is not even that I don't like sprint because it wasn't in Halo 1-3.

I don't like It because it negatively impacts the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Josh Holmes visited my page like three times.

What does he want with me. Is it my avatar?

Can you not tell us that Halo 5 isn't an "old" Halo, it pisses everyone equally off. Make a good game in general not just riding off the HALO brand. Either carry its future on or stop calling it Halo.

How does it matter if it's balanced? It's bad for so many other reasons. Sprint creates so many bad scenarios:

-Huge maps that suck

-weird lines of sight

-cat and mouse games

-randomness

-no man's land

-can't shoot while sprinting

-lack of power positions and natural map flow

-etc etc etc. many more reasons plus it's not balanced.

Well you started off by saying how does it matter if it's balanced, then said it's not balanced. So.

Regardless, don't have to sprint if you don't want to. Cat and mouse? Teammates. 

There are countless popular shooters with sprint, and they're all have a working combination / formula, I think that the sprint effecting the regen of the shield is the perfect combination. Regardless, to each their own.

Same, but if the majority of the community doesn't like it, then it should go.

True in a way, but debatable I guess. I personally don't care if it stays or leaves.

look man...I read sauceys tweet and felt so proud. I'm not gonna lie, there were times where I was very skeptical of him and other staff members on here in regards to siding with 343's views on Halo. He showed me a lot today. Salute

A good while back, I hated Saucey and was a fan of Gandhi. But I soon switched once I saw how much of a two-faced sellout Gandhi is.

I still don't really "like" Saucey, but I certainly applaud him and respect him. Definitely more so than Gandhi, Ghost, Dersky, Bravo, and Neighbor these days.

Either the "pros" at 343 were PR hires & chose to go along with it (in which case, I've lost all respect for them), or they were legit hires and didn't have the balls to go against ideas like sprint for fear of losing their jobs (in which case, I've lost all respect for them), or they were legit hires, vocalized against sprint, were ignored, and shrugged it off instead of taking a stand against it & other Halo-killing implementations (in which case, ...you get the idea).

I was originally going to buy Halo 5 simply for the campaign, as I thoroughly enjoy every Halo game's campaign regardless of it's multiplayer. However, I simply cannot continue to do it. I can't continue to give a company a full $60 of my hard-earned cash simply to play half (or less than) a game from a franchise that I love an cherish, all the while that company is continuing to molest & bastardize it from within.

MCC was a complete joke, and a half-assed, half-hearted attempt to have their cake and eat it too in conjunction with Halo 5's direction. I can't honestly continue to let them think that sort of thing is okay. I'd rather begrudgingly end my long-lasting relationship with a franchise I love on principle, rather than continue to contribute to it's inevitable and ugly demise as it is run thoroughly into the cold, wet ground.

I make this post at the risk of sounding overly dramatic. But when you invest yourself into something, whatever it is, as much and for as long as I have with Halo, you can't help but come off as a bit emotional or dramatic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just a heads up guys, tone it down. I know the situation sucks but personal insults or straight up hateful remarks will be removed.

As always:

CRITICISM is the analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a piece or body of work.

CRITICISM is allowed on our forums.

Examples of CRITICISM:

• Ordnance drops aren't good for Halo because they reduce the skill-set to acquire weapons.
  • Legendary Slayer is a poor representation of "classic" Halo.
  • Pitfall is a poor remake because it lacks key elements that The Pit had, including vibrant colors and the beloved Yellow Pads you could jump up onto.

BASHING is the unnecessary venting of pure frustration, often aimed to demean or ridicule and commonly done passive-aggressively (which is also against the rules) on forums.

BASHING is NOT allowed on our forums.

Examples of BASHING:

• "I need to know if this guy has ever played Halo before."
  • "All I've wanted from this sorry excuse for a Halo game was a classic playlist."
  • 343 doesn't get it / doesn't know what Halo is / etc.

Just a heads up guys, ton it down. I know the situation sucks but personal insults or straight up hateful remarks will be removed.

As always:

Some of those bashing examples are kind of truthful.

I don't like calling people put, or coming off as rude, but I just wan't Halo back. I legitimately cried when I found out I could play Halo 1-3 again, with no sprint, armor abilities, or anything like that. It makes me upset when I see games being changed against their communities wishes. I want to be a game dev so bad, for so many reasons, and one of them was to make a game that could surpass even Halo. 

Mr. Holmes if you are reading this post, I just want to ask; where is that empathy you told me was so important? People like me, shed tears over the idea the game they love, whether it be Halo 1,2, or 3 was coming into a new age with new experiences. Does that not tell you what is best for Halo as a franchise? 

If you care about this community why do things like this http://imgur.com/gcyCfaQgo unanswered?

Some of those bashing examples are kind of truthful.

We used real examples from posts.

Yes.

@@Batchford you have to include as much logic and as little bitterness as you can in that OP.  All popular posts, videos, and topics on sprint.

I would if someone would link me it