CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So for the Scorpio (I'm not calling it Xbox One X) to handle 4K for Forza 7 it'll take 100 gigs of memory?

And for Halo 5 with its like 900p? resolution takes the same amount?

That's not how it works...

Twisted Transistor and Sumo  :fire:  :fire:   

I bought Shadow Warrior 2 btw. Download that one for sure, I've only played a hour or so but it's awesome! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

well WPNS'Grade recently made this video for h6 as well(you'll notice the irony in the beginning,middle and especially the end of the vid,basically they do the opposite of what they"think is right",I think he hits the nail in the coffin; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4mB0SJHqA

That fucking clip of the 343 employee... holy fucking shit. This is what happens when you hire people from fucking Lucas Arts to work on Halo.

That is one sexy menu. Oh how I took all the litle details for granted .

Click on it and you can look at all the menus. Except for the remasters that is.

so it took over a fucking gigabyte just to patch out the rapid fire and sticky glitch...

also, is having an hcs playlist list that has FFA 4v4 and 2v2 a good idea? I feel like people who grind hcs shouldnt have to adapt back and forth to different radars and weapons/maps just to play 2s or ffa. and as long as HCS stays alive i think the playlists wont drop dead.. even if that means a population of 50.

Put on 4 and instantly get angry. 

I didn't hate Halo 4's music.  sue me.

Halo 2 music is the best though.  I wish they had the guitar solo from the startup screen on there.

That slick ass bass line in "Roll call" one of the best moments in the Halo soundtrack

Nah man when the drums start on "Shrouded in Darkness", it can't be beat

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's just agree Marty and Michael never once had a lapse in Quality.

Every single one of the Bungie soundtracks is an unparalleled masterpiece in some way, and there is no need to debate which is best, because there isn't a best. They are all stellar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Uninstalled this god-awful game for 6 months and only played it again because I wanted to play games with people I like, but you sure do seem like you're having fun when you rage quit the second you aren't coasting through in full 8 man lobbies, pub-stomping randos. You are literally in no position to call ANYONE out for complaining. I bitch about the game being garbage (which it is), you rage about losing and yell at your team. Just keep avoiding the sole vaguely competitive playlist like the plague. lmfao.

Glad to see you're still salty about your console gaming "preferences," though. If you'll excuse me, I have some 64kbps mp3 rips from Youtube to listen to with my 5 dollar earbuds, because I am an audiophile.

I listened to you bitch literally non stop for like 10 games in a row. I barely talked (there wasn't room to). There was no way in hell I was going to try to endure an actually challenging game with you. I've tried that before. Never again. There is no comparison between your complaining and mine. First of all, yours literally doesn't stop. For anything. Secondly, most of what I'm saying is in a direct attempt to win the game. The same can not be said for you. Not even close. The things you say serve only to fill the mic with chatter and bring down morale. Tell me I'm wrong. I rarely feel the need to criticize anyone in that group bc they're al pretty damn good, but when I do, it's for one of two things: negligence towards the objective, or not giving help/cleaning up during/after a really long fight. So what would you rather have? Someone trying to win that will call you out on bad plays, or someone that talks over your whole team's comms with incessant, meaningless nit-picking about a game he clearly shouldn't be playing in the first place? I'm sure your pals were super stoked to have you on board.

And you can like whatever you want. Unlike you, I'm not going to give you any shit for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't hate Halo 4's music.  sue me.

Halo 2 music is the best though.  I wish they had the guitar solo from the startup screen on there.

Unyielding is easily top five out of all the soundtracks.

The amount of space an application takes up is not indicative of its quality. Forza 7 being 100GB is understandable due to its 4K assets and high vehicle count.

Halo 5, has no reason to be anywhere near 100GB, and is most likely so due to poor/no compression. Top put this in perspective, MCC is under 70GB, and Rise of the Tomb Raider is barely over 20GB.

Yeah I know, I'm saying its sad that a game with all of its 4K assets is on par memory-wise to a game that runs 900/1080p assets (I forgot which one)

I don't understand how 4K games can equal Halo 5's memory, I don't see how MCC, which has 4 1/2 games in it, is over 30 gigs less than 5. It makes no sense how a game like Halo 5 needs that much space, or why nobody at 343i has thought that maybe trying to bring the size down would be a good idea

Scorpio upscales games, so I doubt it would need that much memory to do h5, which is already running higher than 900p already. (Dynamically, but still)

I know it does, but honestly its BS Halo 5 takes up so much space in the first place. Anyone that would want a 4K Halo 5 would be looking at 200+ Gigs based on 343i's excellent compression methods  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's not how it works...

Honestly I have no idea how any of this works, I just think its sad that Forza at 4K assets barely matches Halo 5 at 900/1080p assets.

I'm just someone who is still PO'd because 3 games of better quality and MUCH less memory were left broken so 343i could work on their 110 gigabyte baby

Its good to know that all the time not wasted fixing MCC went to a good cause, such as post-launch BTB, Oddball, Infection, Forge, the amazing UI! Like wow I'm so glad they didn't fix MCC so they could release a barebones game with free DLC filled with cut content!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly I have no idea how any of this works, I just think its sad that Forza at 4K assets barely matches Halo 5 at 900/1080p assets.

I'm just someone who is still PO'd because 3 games of better quality and MUCH less memory were left broken so 343i could work on their 110 gigabyte baby

Its good to know that all the time not wasted fixing MCC went to a good cause, such as post-launch BTB, Oddball, Infection, Forge, the amazing UI! Like wow I'm so glad they didn't fix MCC so they could release a barebones game with free DLC filled with cut content!

H5 is the size it is because of uncompressed sound and all the forge objects im pretty sure, not textures. Its still totally embarrassing that the game is 100gigs and a gigantic game like The Witcher is around 40 iirc. 50 would be acceptable for H5 imo given all the forge stuff.

Also, the 1.3 gb patch may have only had 6 changed lines of code in it, but they would have replace the entire files in which that code resides hence the larger than you would think size.  it didn't make the game's total install size bigger. don't remember if you asked this specific question honestly, but everybody and their brother seemed appalled by the 1.3 gb hotfix.

I couldn't get my post to go through last night, my guess is cause of a picture I tried to include. Used a tombstone generator or w/e. Basically said, Here Lies Beast, Died of a Sodium Overdose not only does his body lie here but so do all the issues that he brought to the grave. Can't wait for it to be brought up in another 6 months.

Super off-topic post coming.

You're a fan of Nexuiz, right? Well I learned that that game's development was very troubled with some backstabbing in the studio, so after the game was released (in a lesser state than desired) the project was made open source for the community to develop, and they came up with Xonotic for PC. It's like Quake but with a different sandbox full of alt-fire weapons. I've barely played it, but it ran on my potato laptop when I tried. Thought you might be interested.

Absolutely. It was a great game despite having some of the most bugs I've seen in a finished FPS. I'm actually not aware of the development issues that plagued this game. What happened?

I have heard of Xonotic but I never watched any competitive gameplay. I did enjoy Nexuiz' art style even though it felt like the sun was always reflecting in my eyes. It looks like I would like the gameplay of Xonotic even better though. When the game first launched I was on their forums and it was the most dead gaming forum I think I ever signed up for. Like seriously there must have been 9 threads total and 30 members. Awesomenauts was way more active lol.

@@Teapot, save that venom for the next time arglactable comes out with another thesis paper on why you're a lazy idiot for liking the things you like, while simultaneously playing a game he hates and complaining about it over top of other player's calls for literally the entirety of his session.

Its hilarious yet sad at the same time. I can think of a bunch of other similar examples from other games. For MNC, we had a big group of players that were competitive and would much rather play 6v6 private match lobbies with other skilled players. It wasn't an exclusive club by any means. We would get absolutely shit on by the public players on the forums because we cared that much about the game and were ruining the game for others. Our matches, were custom games that pulled arguably the 12 best online and took them out of the public matches where they could stomp with free reign and pitted them against fair competition, yet we were somehow the bad guys in the community. With that said, we had people who literally stuck around on the forums for like 2 years after they stopped playing to just continuously post and talk shit to others. It was borderline impressive that anyone had that much time and cared that much that they needed to hate other peoples' things rather than pack up their bags and enjoy something themselves.

Truthfully I always got the vibe that those people enjoyed hating what others enjoyed rather than going somewhere. Like I have a ton of real life friends that play CS in my town. Some of them are ranked really really damn high. None of them frequent console sites or go anywhere to exclaim how superior they are. They instead care about whatever it is they are doing and their competition. My guess is because it's more important for them to feel like they are skilled against their own kind rather than try to act superior to another platform. So far in my experience, anyone who spends excessive time telling console people that PC is superior in an environment that is mainly catered towards a console game are mainly bad in general. That's not to say everyone in the world is, but anyone that I encountered was. In MNC there was a PC team that was undefeated that ended up buying Xbox 360's and XIM3's. They never told us about the XIMS though and we gave them like 2-3 months to "get used to the controller" After we creamed them each game within minutes (games usually last 22 minutes) they admitted they were using Mouse and Keyboard adapters. Same goes for Quake Arena Arcade. I know about 5 people with XIM's on that game.

In short, M+KB is a superior input method for FPS. It's the people who use them that frequent console sites that are never more than average players within their own platform. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Randomly went to /r/Halo, wow that place is dead as fuck. 

Sounds like it's doing a good job of representing the game then.

• Upvote (+1) 9