CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Think it could be more of the fact that they are complete casuals with no interest of learning games competitively? Nah must be a console exclusive.

Totally agree. My friends were playing Rocket League too on stock FoV and once I showed them the light they were surprised that more games don't offer that.

A couple years ago, I got together with two of my real-life Halo friends to play some MCC. They each brought an Xbox so we were able to play 3-man FFA on Halo 1 with two guys on one TV and one on the other. My friend who was playing solo on his TV said the game felt slow compared to Halo 5, which we were playing earlier, but my other friend was splitscreening with me and thought it felt just as fast (the movement speed is slower though IIRC).

FoV is everything, but developers choose to decrease it so they can fit in more superfluous geometry and poorly occluded map layouts to hit the same target frame rate.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So for the Scorpio (I'm not calling it Xbox One X) to handle 4K for Forza 7 it'll take 100 gigs of memory?

And for Halo 5 with its like 900p? resolution takes the same amount?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think it could be more of the fact that they are complete casuals with no interest of learning games competitively? Nah must be a console exclusive.

Well one platform is more prone to have people that care about competition and want to excel, and the other is more prone to being a CoD box.  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So for the Scorpio (I'm not calling it Xbox One X) to handle 4K for Forza 7 it'll take 100 gigs of memory?

Scorpio upscales games, so I doubt it would need that much memory to do h5, which is already running higher than 900p already. (Dynamically, but still)

Well one platform is more prone to have people that care about competition and want to excel, and the other is more prone to being a CoD box.  ;)

Such insight! Especially from a former console player on a site that's primarily about a console FPS

In two weeks, do me a favor and remind me that PC is superior. If it weren't for you guys I would come here and just whole heartedly believe console is better in every way possible.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Such insight! Especially from a former console player on a site that's primarily about a console FPS

In two weeks, do me a favor and remind me that PC is superior. If it weren't for you guys I would come here and just whole heartedly believe console is better in every way possible.

Lol, taking things a bit too seriously my dude. 

Do they have fusion frenzy on PC

if not its worthless!

Now that was a fun-ass game. Played that in between many a Halo CE games. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It'll be playable again on Xbone soon boys, it'll be sick

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol, taking things a bit too seriously my dude. 

If two weeks is too long you're free to remind me more often!

• Upvote (+1) 1

well WPNS'Grade recently made this video for h6 as well(you'll notice the irony in the beginning,middle and especially the end of the vid,basically they do the opposite of what they"think is right",I think he hits the nail in the coffin; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4mB0SJHqA

I want to cry.

But i wont

because im a grown ass man... and ... its.. just a ... video .. gaaaaaaaaaameeeeee aaaahaaaaarrrhrrhrrrrrr fpltbttttttt  :tear:

Hey man, watch what you say about CoD or NotMyPresident1 will ruin you on reddit.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Super off-topic post coming.

You're a fan of Nexuiz, right? Well I learned that that game's development was very troubled with some backstabbing in the studio, so after the game was released (in a lesser state than desired) the project was made open source for the community to develop, and they came up with Xonotic for PC. It's like Quake but with a different sandbox full of alt-fire weapons. I've barely played it, but it ran on my potato laptop when I tried. Thought you might be interested.

https://youtu.be/weqInOFQAuc

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Teapot, save that venom for the next time arglactable comes out with another thesis paper on why you're a lazy idiot for liking the things you like, while simultaneously playing a game he hates and complaining about it over top of other player's calls for literally the entirety of his session.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The amount of space an application takes up is not indicative of its quality. Forza 7 being 100GB is understandable due to its 4K assets and high vehicle count.

Halo 5, has no reason to be anywhere near 100GB, and is most likely so due to poor/no compression. Top put this in perspective, MCC is under 70GB, and Rise of the Tomb Raider is barely over 20GB.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Teapot, save that venom for the next time arglactable comes out with another thesis paper on why you're a lazy idiot for liking the things you like, while simultaneously playing a game he hates and complaining about it over top of other player's calls for literally the entirety of his session.

Uninstalled this god-awful game for 6 months and only played it again because I wanted to play games with people I like, but you sure do seem like you're having fun when you rage quit the second you aren't coasting through in full 8 man lobbies, pub-stomping randos. You are literally in no position to call ANYONE out for complaining. I bitch about the game being garbage (which it is), you rage about losing and yell at your team. Just keep avoiding the sole vaguely competitive playlist like the plague. lmfao.

Glad to see you're still salty about your console gaming "preferences," though. If you'll excuse me, I have some 64kbps mp3 rips from Youtube to listen to with my 5 dollar earbuds, because I am an audiophile.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Randomly went to /r/Halo, wow that place is dead as fuck.

It is quite dead, but if your interested in organic farming, there are plenty of fresh, home grown vegetables.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Twisted Transistor and Sumo  :fire:  :fire: