CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Exact opposite for me. I'm pretty excited to try out phase 2 in the morning.

One of us is thinking while they play I guess ... :/

The skill gap isn't as big as I initially thought. The maps are shit too, entirely do to sprint. Midship is a mess. The site lines are so long that it makes more sense to sit in the bases and wait at times. The automatics take no skill and are super strong. Just roll in twos and wreck shit while spraying pew pew Ars. Maybe BR starts will help some, but it honestly will make midship worse and nobody will move. It will play like H4 onyx TBO.

Its an ok game but they shouldn't put the Halo name in there, its insulting. Call it just guardians and I will play it occasionally with my friends when drinking. The Halo name makes me angry.

I can bet right now that if Greenskull or any of the mods posted about Sprint on r/Halo, that shit would get 1k upvotes in hours. Here I am, sitting on 9 right now, because everyone is too blind to see the truth in the 2 videos linked. No wonder Halo is fucking dead.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Seriously: TAKE GROUND-POUND OFF OF CROUCH!

I at least 50% of my deaths most games come from jumping and the super-sensitive crouch (clicking left-stick; I use Bumper Jumper) starts a ground-pound charge which you CANNOT SHOOT WHILST DOING!

At the VERY least, make it so that you CAN shoot while charging, and doing so ends the charge. But the obviously better option is just move ground-pound to it's own unique button combo, like LB + RB, effectively reducing the chance of mistakenly charging one to absolutely ZERO.

I agree.

I crouch jump every time I jump just out of habit and now I can't do it. Extremely annoying.

Seriously: TAKE GROUND-POUND OFF OF CROUCH!

I at least 50% of my deaths most games come from jumping and the super-sensitive crouch (clicking left-stick; I use Bumper Jumper) starts a ground-pound charge which you CANNOT SHOOT WHILST DOING!

At the VERY least, make it so that you CAN shoot while charging, and doing so ends the charge. But the obviously better option is just move ground-pound to it's own unique button combo, like LB + RB, effectively reducing the chance of mistakenly charging one to absolutely ZERO.

I think having it mapped to the Jump button would be fine. Jump and then press jump again and hold.

Sprint + Bane = WTFACROSSTHEMAPIN2SECONDS

Honesty, if someone has it, and are not at least 100 feet or more away, you're dead.

I think having it mapped to the Jump button would be fine. Jump and then press jump again and hold.

Would be better, but holding the two buttons would, again, reduce risk of mistakenly starting a charge to zero.

It should be it's own control-scheme option, as in:

• Button Layout > ...

• Thumbstick Layout > ...

• Look Inversion [on | off]

• Ground Pound Charge > ...

---- Hold LB + RB (Universal; Regardless of button-layout)

---- Hold LT + RT (Universal; Regardless of button-layout)

---- Hold "Jump" (Button-layout specific)

---- Hold "Crouch" Button-layout specific)

In lieu of custom button-mapping/controller layouts (which I still don't understand why this isn't a thing in 2015), this is THE best and most flexible option.

Sprint + Bane = WTFACROSSTHEMAPIN2SECONDS

Honesty, if someone has it, and are not at least 100 feet or more away, you're dead.

I hate the fact we have redundant melee weapons now. I feel like the Plasma Sword is (even more) trivialized. Prophets Bane needs a serious nerf. Hell change that design too it's "hella stoopid" to look at.

I can bet right now that if Greenskull or any of the mods posted about Sprint on r/Halo, that shit would get 1k upvotes in hours. Here I am, sitting on 9 right now, because everyone is too blind to see the truth in the 2 videos linked. No wonder Halo is fucking dead.

listen, I got down voted 30 times because I said scoping shouldn't increase accuracy, and got down voted again when I proved that it didn't in previous games(yeah, people there where trying to tell me it did). R/halo is the worst, waypoint is at least competent enough to know that sprint is bad and that halo 4 was shit, but that place, I cringe almost every time I go there.

I think I just found something new.. I cant find it on YouTube

I got a 2 for 1 snapshot w/ the sniper and the announcer whispered something in my ear.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Batman is the GOAT

This video is very good. I want a revolutionary game. I want a game that ruins my life because I can't stop playing it. Halo 1 and 2 pretty much did that (until I had to get my shit together) and really no game since has been able to do that.

There are people with great and creative ideas, but I'm not seeing anything even close to revolutionary in Halo 5. To scared to do anything really innovative. That is why I get pissed when ppl (like goldenboy) act like nobody wants change. People will love the change if it is actually good and really creative shit instead of what we have seen for years now.

This is what I see in Halo 5. They removed a bunch of shit that should have never been included in the first place, added old mechanics they should have never removed, and added some stuff out of other game franchises (again) that really aren't satisfying. The creativity in my opinion is extremely low.

And that is what the end result will be of Halo 5 when the dust settles. Not a bad game, but an uninspired copycat game that did nothing to move the genre forward. And at this point the only way you really save Halo (ie. Bring it back to the top and create new lasting fans) is to be revolutionary and don't be afraid to fail.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 fails to acknowledge their problems. Look at Josh's and Quinn's twitter pages. They both just dodge questions about questionable features with smart ass remarks. 

I don't think it's all about people being blind. Some of us are just tired. We been fighting the same fight for almost 3 games, and now, after playing the H5 beta, it still looks like 343 just doesn't get it.

I've been actively debating people on Waypoint, in the last couple of days, and I've responded with intelligent logic to most pro sprint posts, but they just don't seem to understand. They respond with 'I like the way sprint feels' or 'super soldiers should be able to sprint' bullshit, and I've just gotten to the point where I just got sick of arguing.

Point of my story is; people are just tired and are throwing in the towel.

343 fails to acknowledge their problems. Look at Josh's and Quinn's twitter pages. They both just dodge questions about questionable features with smart ass remarks.

I've noticed this.

It is a HUGE problem, both from a creative/game design standpoint, as well as from a PR standpoint.

Extremely egotistical, stubborn, and all-around unprofessional.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it just me, or should the nades need to be tweaked? I feel like I am taking so much damage from the grenade being no where near it.

Also, I feel like the cooldown time on the thruster should be increased. i don't know how long it takes for your thruster to come back up, but I feel like it's up to frequent.

Is it just me, or should the nades need to be tweaked? I feel like I am taking so much damage from the grenade being no where near it.

I feel like this is intentional to compensate for sprint, thruster pack, grenades could be borderline useless otherwise

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think it's all about people being blind. Some of us are just tired. We been fighting the same fight for almost 3 games, and now, after playing the H5 beta, it still looks like 343 just doesn't get it.

I've been actively debating people on Waypoint, in the last couple of days, and I've responded with intelligent logic to most pro sprint posts, but they just don't seem to understand. They respond with 'I like the way sprint feels' or 'super soldiers should be able to sprint' bullshit, and I've just gotten to the point where I just got sick of arguing.

Point of my story is; people are just tired and are throwing in the towel.

No, they [343] "get it", they just don't care.

They care about people thinking their game is "modern", that's about it. They see the successes (financially speaking) of games like Call of Duty and Destiny, and they just follow suit. Plain and simple.

It's equal parts greed, conformity, and ego; Ego based out of not wanting to admit their ideas for the franchise are simply bad and don't work, and that the formula for the franchise's success resides in a version of the game that isn't their own: Halo CE.

Period.