CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

...but the sheer level of how WRONG the game felt to play hit me like a truck.

H5 just feels horrible.

It came in like a wrecking ball
I never fell so out of love
All I wanted was to not clamber walls
All it ever did was... fruh-us-strate me
Yeah, H5 wre-eh-ecks me
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It came in like a wrecking ball

I never fell so out of love

All I wanted was to not clamber walls

All it was ever did was... fru-us-strate me

Yeah, H5 wrecks me

Perfect

"PS 343 industries. Why are you turning still turning Halo into cod? Literally no one liked Halo 4 or 5."

I loved Prometheus.  F** that guy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

All this talk of heavy aim, but that's not going to fix the shit matchmaking system and team building they do.

• Upvote (+1) 2

just fucking teams of 4 all day, with no balancing apparently being done because the team will also be higher rated

• Upvote (+1) 2

not to bring the whole lazy strafe topic back to the forums but

zwDV7LL.jpg

there is clearly one superior way to play

Needs to finish with "press thrust to win halos"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Treyarch uses the Halo 2 UI as a basis to teach to the UX team. Very cool

Treyarch are smart.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been forging a new map, and needed to take a break and decided to give Halo 5 Multiplayer another go to to take that break. Been playing alot of Reach and MCC prior to this.

And coming back, just how WRONG H5 felt was staggering. Not just the shitty aiming. How small players are relative to the map, the feedback I get from my movements, how the guns feel, how often the game tells me a got a bodyshots when I am blatantly aiming at the head. It's overall inconsistent feeling. I don't know how to accurately describe and word it to mount a valid post or discussion, but the sheer level of how WRONG the game felt to play hit me like a truck.

H5 just feels horrible.

I wanna see it.

Treyarch are smart.

They really are. The longer I'm here the more I realize why it is that cod always ships on time and relatively bug free. They've got great tech and infrastructure.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Treyarch uses the Halo 2 UI as a basis to teach to the UX team. Very cool

How long they been doing this?

How long they been doing this?

As long as I've been here. The ui for the next Treyarch cod is some Destiny level shit. Super sleek.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As long as I've been here. The ui for the next Treyarch cod is some Destiny level shit. Super sleek.

Y for friends list or gtfo. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been forging a new map, and needed to take a break and decided to give Halo 5 Multiplayer another go to to take that break. Been playing alot of Reach and MCC prior to this.

And coming back, just how WRONG H5 felt was staggering. Not just the shitty aiming. How small players are relative to the map, the feedback I get from my movements, how the guns feel, how often the game tells me a got a bodyshots when I am blatantly aiming at the head. It's overall inconsistent feeling. I don't know how to accurately describe and word it to mount a valid post or discussion, but the sheer level of how WRONG the game felt to play hit me like a truck.

H5 just feels horrible.

Thank you for bringing this up, I've only noticed this myself last week. Its especially noticeable on maps like truth and eden. H5's player models are tiny in comparison to the map geometry. This combined with the fact that the spartan colors actually blend into the color palette on the map makes it a chore to spot players in. 

Finding enemy blue players on Eden is noticeably more difficult than spotting Red players, due to the cool color tones of Eden. The reverse is true on a map like Mercy where the overall warm reds of the maps gives Red players the slight edge. I don't even want to talk about KOTH/SH in H5 where the team that has control changes the color of the hill to literally the same exact shade of color as the player models. The Art Direction needs a complete overall tbh, there is a lot of unnecessary visual fluff that seriously hinders the players ability to play the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did they for blops 1/2 i mean. I liked those ui

Can they please put hcs settings into ffa already.I'd rather play a less populated playlist with actually good gameplay than the automatic cancer we currently have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank you for bringing this up, I've only noticed this myself last week. Its especially noticeable on maps like truth and eden. H5's player models are tiny in comparison to the map geometry. This combined with the fact that the spartan colors actually blend into the color palette on the map makes it a chore to spot players in. 

Finding enemy blue players on Eden is noticeably more difficult than spotting Red players, due to the cool color tones of Eden. The reverse is true on a map like Mercy where the overall warm reds of the maps gives Red players the slight edge. I don't even want to talk about KOTH/SH in H5 where the team that has control changes the color of the hill to literally the same exact shade of color as the player models. The Art Direction needs a complete overall tbh, there is a lot of unnecessary visual fluff that seriously hinders the players ability to play the game. 

They're just a bunch of guys that don't actually think about anything beyond "This looks/sounds cool to me." over in their audio/visual departments. Someone needs to slap them and tell them no every single time they attempt to sacrifice anything gameplay or feel related for cool visuals. Its never worth it in gaming. I don't care if I shit bricks because of how good something outside that window looks if the next time someone strafes in front of it and I look that way I drop 30 frames and die.

• Upvote (+1) 3