CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Blops 2 is the top game on Xbox Live right now but nahhhh people totally don't want traditional FPS experiences and there's no way classic Halo would sell these days

CTF waterworks is a thing of beauty.   I don't think I've managed to get a single game of it on MCC that didn't end up 8vs2 or some crap.  At least I have my memories of the original  *sigh*

CTF Danger Canyon is my guilty pleasure,  although CTF all vehicles sidewinder is still to be the best full team experience in Halo. Such a shame that MCC uses the PC version with the banshee and the portals into the back of the bases, the final push to get the flag home if you ran portals was always intense.

Neutral flag on Waterworks was so much fun! That initial push to the flag and sword. I'll never forget the time I shot down a stalactite and it landed on a banshee and killed it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Blops 2 is the top game on Xbox Live right now but nahhhh people totally don't want traditional FPS experiences and there's no way classic Halo would sell these days

RIP Xbox. Only 110k players on Blops.

Whew. Good thing 343 apparently aren't doing anything for the H3 anniversary. Really dodged a bullet on that one.

:intensifies:

H3a or backwards compatible h3. Which would you want?

Neutral flag on Waterworks was so much fun! That initial push to the flag and sword. I'll never forget the time I shot down a stalactite and it landed on a banshee and killed it.

Such an underrated gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Such an underrated gametype.

Did you like it over multi flag? On my phone can write my reasonings later but I prefer h2 btb to h3 but I played a lot of both. The main thing I disliked on water works neutral flag was the off the spawn tank rush to mid. The winner of that battle essentially won the game. I def like assault or ctf better than neutral but it wasn't horrible.

H3a or backwards compatible h3. Which would you want?

I would go with a competent H3A over backwards compatibility. In the absence of competence, backwards compatibility.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LOOK AT THAT AIMING. LOOK AT WHAT COULD'VE BEEN.

Ugh it looks so good.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did you like it over multi flag? On my phone can write my reasonings later but I prefer h2 btb to h3 but I played a lot of both. The main thing I disliked on water works neutral flag was the off the spawn tank rush to mid. The winner of that battle essentially won the game. I def like assault or ctf better than neutral but it wasn't horrible.

Yeah it was my favorite gametype on that map, and one of my favorite BTB gametypes period. The gauss and rockets were also huge threats to the tanks. I loved how each round evolved as teams adapted to the other team's tactics. And those rounds where you get a doorstep stop and get the flag in your warthog and steal the round...so good.

I like H2 BTB a lot too, but its VERY dependent on gametypes. H2 has fucking awful vehicle counters, so gametypes with dominant, unchecked vehicles get real dumb (Banshees on Coag, I'm looking at you...) I think Waterworks Multiflag and Bomb suffered from that too because the banshees essentially couldn't die without rockets, and if they see rockets coming they can just barrel roll them (still the dumbest, most unnecessary mechanic ever, ever.)

H2's best BTB gametypes were the ones with very focused, limited vehicle use like Terminal, or little to no vehicle use like Headlong (post banshee).  The banshee was just SO poorly designed, and the scorpion was pretty damn OP as well with that accurate af machine gun that the driver could use.

The H2 GOAT BTB gametypes:

Headlong 1Flag

Terminal 1 Flag

Zanzibar 1 Flag

Waterworks Neutral Flag

Burial Mounds 1 Flag

Relic 1Flag

Containment Multiflag or Neutral Bomb

I just think the banshee ruins any map it touches. It has NEVER been designed well. It's possible to have a good banshee, but the devs haven't figured it out yet. They need to ditch the flip and barrel roll mechanic forever. It's awful. Let it control like a jet from Battlefield. Like, you should be able to fly upside down if you want. And get rid of the recharging shields/health too. Give it a high base health, but make every shot count. I don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time when I shoot at it with my utility. You shouldn't be able to sit in the same banshee for the whole game. It should be a huge boon to your team for like 3 minutes, and then it should get whittled down over time to where it's too risky to stay in it.

OR, you treat the boost system as a much more important resource. Make everything depend on your boost meter. Flips cost boost. Using boost drains your shield. Fuel Rod's cost boost. At least then there would actually be some thought involved in piloting the fucking thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Empire was too closed off in the beta? I just remember something about a wall being removed, but I'm not sure.

Finally made it to 150. I can't believe they thought 152 was a good idea.

I think Empire was too closed off in the beta? I just remember something about a wall being removed, but I'm not sure.

Finally made it to 150. I can't believe they thought 152 was a good idea.

No, they added a wall to block off an entrance.to bottom mid

Look at.the vid, you'll see it right away

I despise empire. Truly hate it

Oh that's the guy who made "response" videos to Favyn. I just watched the sprint/abilities part of his debate. GLL is a fucking ******.

"These are all real arguments from real fanboys" was his description. I don't think he's being serious.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Leveling up in h5 is not hard tbh, I reached 90s playing around 3-4 months, if you've been playing since release you should've reached 152 by now. Now I'm playing this MMO where i need 2,869.645.908 EXP to hit max rank without counting the other 2b i already grinded.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Leveling up in h5 is not hard tbh, I reached 90s playing around 3-4 months, if you've been playing since release you should've reached 152 by now. Now I'm playing this MMO where i need 2,869.645.908 EXP to hit max rank without counting the other 2b i already grinded.

I hope to God you're joking.

• Upvote (+1) 1