CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Right in the feels. Having played Halo in its prime just makes playing any other game that has come out lately unbearable and it kills my attitude.

And also did I understand your post correctly, you got your account permabanned from XBL because of some salty messages?

More or less, yeah.

More or less, yeah.

That seems like a pretty over the top response. Did you lose the XBL Gold that was on that account? I mean I got literally hundreds of these messages over the years, should all these people get permabanned? I mean I actually got amessage telling me I'm a "salty loser that should kill go himself" because I ended a H5F FFA custom on PC early when the map was laggy af.

(I know 6hrs late but I though this thread needs to see this too)

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/summer-2017-feedback-updates-more

Looks like @@Neighbor was right when he said the Sniper Rifle changes are just the beginning. Some very promising stuff in this update:

ASSAULT RIFLE

Players have been providing feedback that the current gameplay around the Assault Rifle has become unfit for competition. After extensive review, we have determined that the data supports this feedback. The Assault Rifle’s effectiveness is similar across a wide range of skill levels, which is not intended. As a result, the weapon will not be featured in competitive play during the Summer 2017 season. We’re actively evaluating best ways to update the weapon and reintroduce into it competitive play once the weapon has been retuned and tested.

ENERGY SWORD

With the Energy Sword, we’ve heard your feedback and have seen that the movement speed increase has negatively impacted CTF on Truth, making flag captures a bit too easy and exploitative. This is not ideal for players or viewers, so it will not be featured during the Summer 2017 season. We’re evaluating changes to this weapon and looking to reintroduce it into competitive play in the future.

SPLINTER GRENADE

We’ve both heard and observed that the Splinter Grenade is exceling outside of its intended role, which is area denial. Currently, it is used to kill instantly without warning, so we are evaluating ways to improve and bring back into competitive play. In the interim, Splinter Grenades will not be featured during the Summer 2017 season.

BRUTE PLASMA RIFLE

The Brute Plasma Rifle is stripping shields quickly, but feedback and data show that it is too effective at this, hurting the balance of this weapon. We like what the weapon adds to gameplay and are investigating balance updates, but the Brute Plasma Rifle will not be a part of the Summer 2017 season.

WEAPON RESPAWN TIMERS

We’ve heard feedback that certain weapons on the map (such as Battle Rifle, Storm Rifle, Carbine, Scattershot, Shotgun, and others) respawn too frequently, so we’re looking into increasing

the respawn time of these weapons. As a note, these changes will not impact weapons on Weapon Pads.

MOTION TRACKER (RADAR)

The changes above will heavily influence gameplay on all maps, and early next week, we’ll be collecting feedback as well as working with top players on motion tracker options that play best with the updated settings.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yeah @@Moa it is over the course of a long time, and it can stem from a single message. I've been careful to not swear at people anymore but I still got one.

It's like having your driver's license suspended for flipping someone off after they just cut you off. You're allowed to be a complete asshole. You're just not allowed to TELL someone they're being an asshole.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just played a 1v4, and got the score to 30-47, the last guy to quit on my team went 0-17. I went 27-23 against 4 players, even got one to quit. I hate platinum. There are always quitters.

Neighbor's making more progress in a couple of months than the sandbox team has in over a year in regards to balance changes. Good on him. Wish we had him on the sandbox team wayyyy sooner. H5 already dad.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I understand they expand restrictions to help high onyx find games in FFA, but even when I get 2nd my rank vs unranked/diamond/plats my rank is going down. Makes no sense. It makes me not want to play, which is the opposite effect

Edit: Mythic Shotty Snipes. Just played my first game. At one point I had to set down the controller bc I needed my whole body to hate that shit.

I don't mind it too much. I just go for no scopes though to make it somewhat interesting since it's pretty easy to get zoomed in kills.

Also, these servers have been really bad lately for me, and I don't think it's on my end since I haven't had that many issues in the past. I've been lagging every now and then or I'll see people warping. It seems to be worse in Firefight. 

Started watching this video (just posted but from back in 2015) and thought other Halo fans might be interested. It's a talk by John Hopson of Bungie on User Research of Destiny. Some interesting info how they were leveraging data on Halo players. I'd say the first 15 minutes is directly relevant to Halo. The whole video is pretty interesting though, worth a watch IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What were the sniper rifle changes?

They nerfed the hipfire aim assist a bit last patch.

(I know 6hrs late but I though this thread needs to see this too)

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/summer-2017-feedback-updates-more

Looks like @@Neighbor was right when he said the Sniper Rifle changes are just the beginning. Some very promising stuff in this update:

So in summary:

They're JUST NOW noticing that the AR is a piece of shit weapon that should never have been brought back after being absent in Halo 2 (and wouldn't have been brought back if they hadn't posted Master Chief with it on the cover of Halo 1).

The energy sword, not the fucking flagnum, makes flag captures a bit too easy and exploitative.

It's a year and a half after launch (closer to a full years after their final playtests) and they're just now noticing the problem with the zombie pulse nades.

A plasma weapon is stripping shields more quickly than a UNSC weapon? WELL FOR SHAME.

Once again the starting weapons are so trash that the BR, storm rifle, and carbine are considered power weapons. But instead of doing something about the piss-weak starting weapons, they've decided that they need to tone down the respawn times on these "power weapons".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w-B7YOrFq0

And the only suitable change to the motion tracker is to remove it.

@@QuietMan is secretly a Quake Champions god and is saving his talent for the competitive Quakewatch eSports TM playlist

All about time that 'F' button bro. And anticipating that quad stutter.

Done with FFA. I lost 80 points despite finishing top2 or three the majority of them. I get you're supposed to not gain as much, but for me to lose csr even when the winner is onyx is ridiculous. When I win, I gain 1 point. When I lose I lose 17. Shit game can't even give me a full game of onyx's or champs and instead punishes me for even playing. This shit is broken

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I was on another forum and someone said this to me

"ARs are not easier to use than BRs. With ARs, you need to actually land more shots onto an enemy player; which is harder to do at mid to long ranges. The MLG Whiners are just being whiny about the fact that good players with ARs are able to take them out at close range because they manage to land more shots onto them. With an AR, you need to understand map awareness; know the corners, know the exact parts you need to. At mid-to-long ranges, you can't just hold down the trigger, you need to fire short controlled bursts if you're going to have a chance to actually compete at those ranges. It's a very different, and no less harder play style than the BR/DMR. Competitive types are just obsessed with Precision Weapons, and make up all this bullshit about Automatic Weapons being easier. I mean, you can do the exact same thing to Precision Weapons. They don't require any skill; just pointing and spamming the trigger."

I lost half my brain cells just reading the first 2 sentences.

93a.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

A plasma weapon is stripping shields more quickly than a UNSC weapon? WELL FOR SHAME.

To be completely honest though, the Brute Plasma does not only strip shields, it fucking melts them instantly.

Like all things in this game, it does what its supposed to, but it does it too fucking well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually it as neither of them.It has to be the most ******** shit I've ever seen.

I read that post as, "I cant aim with precision weapons and im afraid they will take my bullet hose away"

• Upvote (+1) 3

To be completely honest though, the Brute Plasma does not only strip shields, it fucking melts them instantly.

Like all things in this game, it does what its supposed to, but it does it too fucking well.

I honestly thought it's stripping speed is fine. All they really should do is neuter it's projectile speed and force it to be more effective for close range and make mid/long range shooting a little harder.
  • Upvote (+1) 2