CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So I just logged into waypoint for the first time in a couple weeks and I was temp banned for saying "Spartan charge is cancer.There is no counterplay and it's almost like 343 saw all the people sprinting around double meeleing in reach and decided to turn it into an ability."Why?????I flamed no one.Is criticizing 343 an offense now?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I just logged into waypoint for the first time in a couple weeks and I was temp banned for saying "Spartan charge is cancer.There is no counterplay and it's almost like 343 saw all the people sprinting around double meeleing in reach and decided to turn it into an ability."Why?????I flamed no one.Is criticizing 343 an offense now?

Cancer

Because Waypoint's a dark green skid mark on the underwear of the internet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When I quit the build three times in a row because I keep seeing the same emblems there's probably a good reason for it. I wish this game would take the hint.

I was wondering if that was what it was but if it is that's kind of suprising.

Saying things like that and the other word for mentally challenged (it's censored here) for example will get you banned.

You know what, the root of most if not all of Halo 5's problems is the fact that the pistol and AR are just too weak. You can't make plays quickly enough, and it's the main thing opening the door for rampant sprint/thruster abuse.

This was made crystal clear to me during the anniversary throwback playlist in November - the H1 pistol checkmated all of that shit. Caught sprinting? Dead. Thrust can still bail you out but not nearly as much as it does in vanilla play. Spartan charge? You'll probably be taken out before you can even get close enough, but if you do get one off and you miss? Dead. Caught clambering? Probably dead. There is the issue of the H1 pistol hitbox being too forgiving, but 1) that might be aggravated due to the default H5 strafe being a bit slower and heavier than H1 (but you can fix that in custom game settings), and 2) fuck it, I'll take that problem if it means getting rid of a host of others in the process.

Let me put it another way - keeping spartan abilities as is while dropping the standard magnum in favor of the H1 pistol produced much more drastic results than keeping the vanilla weapons as is but removing spartan abilities. The latter is basically just legendary slayer.

Even if they got the core right, Halo hasn't had really good maps to play on in quite a while.   It's like the state of the xbox right now.   They are making the Scorpio to be really powerful, but for what?  There are hardly any good exclusives to enjoy on it.  Halo needs to start back with the basics, get the core gameplay right, and then MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS.   I'm talking good maps.  Not the likes of the Rig, Molten, and Riptide.  

None of the H5 maps are iconic to me, and they never will be.  
H1, H2, and H3 all had their fair share of iconic maps I'll never forget.   Hopefully H6 can improve this because if really hampers the fun of playing/watching. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maps are no good without a decent metagame to play on them. A supremely dull experience like default H5 will suck the life out of all maps, big, small, symmetrical, asymmetrical, whatever. That said I think Rig is one of the better maps in the game. Riptide's a directionless clusterfuck. I think Molten is salvageable with some changes.

You want to talk about bad maps, let's talk about Fathom, Torque, and Coliseum. Ho-ly shit why.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was wondering if that was what it was but if it is that's kind of suprising.

Well it is waypoint, so it's not that surprising is it? 

On a different note, part of me hates how much that word has become slang these days to describe something annoying or repulsive. Its fine to associate it to something that is terrible, but it is just soooo damn insensitive to people that are actually struggling to battle the terrible illness. I have used it myself before, and a part of me thought I should use another word out of respect for even the countless people I personally know who are battling or have died from it. I can see how a mod could easily be triggered by the use of it. I'm quite surprised I haven't been banned here for using it to describe my frustration to Halo. Lets be honest though, Halo is just a fucking video game, and dealing with its' inadequacies is nothing in comparison the strife a cancer patient endures. End rant.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maps are no good without a decent metagame to play on them. A supremely dull experience like default H5 will suck the life out of all maps, big, small, symmetrical, asymmetrical, whatever. That said I think Rig is one of the better maps in the game. Riptide's a directionless clusterfuck. I think Molten is salvageable with some changes.

You want to talk about bad maps, let's talk about Fathom, Torque, and Coliseum. Ho-ly shit why.

I just listed three that I don't really care for. Really, I don't think any of the maps in H5 are good, but you're probably right, most cases, it's the gameplay that has caused my negative bias. 

If only 343 had listings for level designers instead of sticking with the two turds they have now.

They need to hire that MultiLockOn steam user.  I hear he makes pretty dank maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If only 343 had listings for level designers instead of sticking with the two turds they have now.

They have two map designers? I thought it was just Bedoya.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They need to hire that MultiLockOn steam user.  I hear he makes pretty dank maps. 

Yea but he's a CoD kid now. All his Halo maps would be so camp heavy. Pass 

• Upvote (+1) 3

They need to hire that MultiLockOn steam user. I hear he makes pretty dank maps.

I hear he's an elitist prick

They have two map designers? I thought it was just Bedoya.

Yeah. Guess which one made Adrift and Overgrowth.

Yea but he's a CoD kid now. All his Halo maps would be so camp heavy. Pass

Haha. Wait till the next Treyarch cod and we'll see how campy my maps are :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what, the root of most if not all of Halo 5's problems is the fact that the pistol and AR are just too weak. You can't make plays quickly enough, and it's the main thing opening the door for rampant sprint/thruster abuse.

This was made crystal clear to me during the anniversary throwback playlist in November - the H1 pistol checkmated all of that shit. Caught sprinting? Dead. Thrust can still bail you out but not nearly as much as it does in vanilla play. Spartan charge? You'll probably be taken out before you can even get close enough, but if you do get one off and you miss? Dead. Caught clambering? Probably dead. There is the issue of the H1 pistol hitbox being too forgiving, but 1) that might be aggravated due to the default H5 strafe being a bit slower and heavier than H1 (but you can fix that in custom game settings), and 2) fuck it, I'll take that problem if it means getting rid of a host of others in the process.

Let me put it another way - keeping spartan abilities as is while dropping the standard magnum in favor of the H1 pistol produced much more drastic results than keeping the vanilla weapons as is but removing spartan abilities. The latter is basically just legendary slayer.

The H1 pistol is absolutely not an option. It is insanely powerful and insanely easy. Try playing warm up CTF vs people with thumbs. Whoever dies first will never get off spawn again. Its harder to miss with it than it is to hit shots lol.

He's currently too busy constantly churning out high quality map-making instructional videos.  Like he spends so much of his free time creating and editing these that he doesn't have any time left for anything else.

He's currently too busy constantly churning out high quality map-making instructional videos. Like he spends so much of his free time creating and editing these that he doesn't have any time left for anything else.

They still end up being only 10 minutes long, lol.

I hear he's an elitist prick

Yeah. Guess which one made Adrift and Overgrowth.

Haha. Wait till the next Treyarch cod and we'll see how campy my maps are :)

They are introducing a new movement mechanic that teleports players into a new place if they stay in certain area for too long. 

When 343 copies it in H6, they might might call it something like Spartan Discharge.

edit: also, just to clarify, by dank I, meant damp and dark.  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 7

They are introducing a new movement mechanic that teleports players into a new place if they stay in certain area for too long. 

When 343 copies it in H6, they might might call it something like Spartan Discharge.

edit: also, just to clarify, by dank I, meant damp and dark.   ;)

No, spartan discharge will be the name of the revived jetpack. Instead of using an actual jetpack, spartans will instead blow startling amounts of red and green mucus out of their crotches, so much so that they actually achieve flight.

If any of that discharge makes contact with another spartan before hitting the ground, that spartan will disintegrate into orange forerunner dust.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Even if they got the core right, Halo hasn't had really good maps to play on in quite a while. It's like the state of the xbox right now. They are making the Scorpio to be really powerful, but for what? There are hardly any good exclusives to enjoy on it. Halo needs to start back with the basics, get the core gameplay right, and then MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS. I'm talking good maps. Not the likes of the Rig, Molten, and Riptide.

None of the H5 maps are iconic to me, and they never will be.

H1, H2, and H3 all had their fair share of iconic maps I'll never forget. Hopefully H6 can improve this because if really hampers the fun of playing/watching.

I find myself playing older games through GWG that I missed after falling off gaming for a time last gen more and more. XBOX really needs to up their game Playstation is killing it so far this year in terms of exclusives.

The H1 pistol is absolutely not an option. It is insanely powerful and insanely easy. Try playing warm up CTF vs people with thumbs. Whoever dies first will never get off spawn again. Its harder to miss with it than it is to hit shots lol.

I think he was just using it's killtime to demonstrate how a stronger utility makes the mobility a lot less frustrating to play against. I don't think he was advocating the weapon itself, just the idea of a stronger utility.

No, spartan discharge will be the name of the revived jetpack. Instead of using an actual jetpack, spartans will instead blow startling amounts of red and green mucus out of their crotches, so much so that they actually achieve flight.

If any of that discharge makes contact with another spartan before hitting the ground, that spartan will disintegrate into orange forerunner dust.

The other one!

(It's not Kynan Pearson is it? If it is then this seems appropriate.)

I think you make me laugh out loud more than anyone here.

• Upvote (+1) 1