CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Man. mendicantbearass from reddit is one mentally unstable human.

Attacking everyone who dosent agree with him. What an nutjob he is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/632mm2/a_bunch_of_entitle_children_are_vandalizing_our/

Jesus

dude r/halo in general is a 343 fanboy page, hence why 343 employees actually post there.  

Every time I go there I have to remind myself that 95% of the people there started playing Halo when H4 came out.  

Outcry over their world championship = a response 

Outcry over years of a broken MCC and failed promises = silence

• Upvote (+1) 7

dude r/halo in general is a 343 fanboy page, hence why 343 employees actually post there.

Every time I go there I have to remind myself that 95% of the people there started playing Halo when H4 came out.

Outcry over their world championship = a response

Outcry over years of a broken MCC and failed promises = silence

I know r/halo loves 343 but this dude is something else

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6303b8/comment/dfqxbs7

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man. mendicantbearass from reddit is one mentally unstable human.

Attacking everyone who dosent agree with him. What an nutjob he is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/632mm2/a_bunch_of_entitle_children_are_vandalizing_our/

Jesus

There is absolutely no way that this guy doesn't have personal issues, whether in his home or at school. I feel like this sort of backlash and venting isn't something typically seen from someone who just wants to troll.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Considering his name is "Mendicantbearass" I'm 90% sure it's just a troll, not a very good one though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Considering his name is "Mendicantbearass" I'm 90% sure it's just a troll, not a very good one though.

I called him out on that and he said something something just because I have a different opinion fuck you

• Upvote (+1) 1

idk, he seems too invested to be a troll

After E3 we'll just have to accept that Halo is dead.  Merely thinking about a certain 343 employee and all the disingenuous responses he's given over the years makes my blood boil.  Move on, I already did.  I'm having a blast with cs go since the game is a pure art form at the highest level. Trust me you wont regret it.  

After E3 we'll just have to accept that Halo is dead.  

Depends on how it's handled. Halo Wars 2 may have been a lowkey title, but from announcement to release, it was good as a sequel to the original, and the developers certainly showed they gave a shit. I'm willing to put an ounce of faith into the idea that 343i can do a 180 and provide us with something that's good. These are the same people who provided us with the Reach TU to fix a shitty fucking game, and they even swallowed their own pride once to fix their own game to the best of their ability. Just gotta do it once more.

Edit: The irony of getting downvoted for having some semblance of hope for a franchise I love based on past events. Holy shit, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Depends on how it's handled. Halo Wars 2 may have been a lowkey title, but from announcement to release, it was good as a sequel to the original, and the developers certainly showed they gave a shit. I'm willing to put an ounce of faith into the idea that 343i can do a 180 and provide us with something that's good. These are the same people who provided us with the Reach TU to fix a shitty fucking game, and they even swallowed their own pride once to fix their own game to the best of their ability. Just gotta do it once more.

Edit: The irony of getting downvoted for having some semblance of hope for a franchise I love based on past events. Holy shit, lol.

Based on past events? 

Wanna weigh the positives and negatives again? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Based on past events? 

Wanna weigh the positives and negatives again? 

I was more so going off of Reach's and H4's TU. As much as I know MCC and Halo 5 happened... I hold a tiny bit of hope that 343i can go back to the old ways of fixing shit if it's fucking broken. Unlike now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As frustrating as 343 is about a lot of things, they are trending upward, they do seem to learn from mistakes, and there is reason to hope their future games will be better.

Yes, they absolutely should have known better about a lot of their decisions (Halo 4 at launch, Spartan Charge, OP autos, H5 launch content drought, etc). Yes, they are inexcusably slow at fixing or even addressing problems (looking at you, Assault Rifle strength, Radar in competitive play, party restrictions...). However, when you look at the progression from H4 at launch to where we are now, and I'm talking both gameplay status and studio personnel status, they've come a long way. Contrast that with Bungie's trajectory the longer they controlled the franchise, and there's reason to be hopeful about the future of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2