CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Im not sure whats started it but im loving it, maybe its the whole HWC venue memes controvesy that did the rounds on social media reigniting the fire in long term fans that aren't or weren't happy with the direction and mismanagement of the franchise.

"Sprint speeds up the game"...

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/62drdc/sprint_speeds_up_the_game/

Amazing to see.

>it has over 400 upvotes

Goddammit, that could've been my karma.

• Upvote (+1) 3

>it has over 400 upvotes

Goddammit, that could've been my karma.

Sorry for your loss.

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So for those people who need all their abilities besides sprint,spartan charge, and clamber I was thinking about something.What if in halo 6 you had no sprint,clamber,or spartan charge.Everything you can make with clamber is now crouch jumpable.You'd be able to slide as soon as you reached max base speed but acceleration would be decreased so people wouldn't spam slide.Any thoughts?I'm feeling like there are major problems with this I'm missing.

When your in plat, soloing and match the same onxy to4 5 games in a row and goose in all of them...

Just make the game free to play ffs

• Upvote (+1) 1

People won't download Halo 5 still. When you see that 100gb on your screen, you have second thoughts.

I don't even get that far. That H5 thumbnail is enough of the 3v4 Industries experience for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't even get that far. That H5 thumbnail is enough of the 3v4 Industries experience for me.

I can't even bare to ask Cortona to turn on my Xbox without getting triggered.... PC, you are my bae. Well and recently wii u too because BotW is fucking amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The game is on life support, once Destiny 2 drops it will be officially dead. Microsoft/343 need to bring the hype at E3 because with Read Dead 2 coming out this year, Destiny 2 and WW2 boots on the ground COD any Halo announcements could easily get overshadowed. I honestly think a "more of the same" approach isn't going to cut it and if anything just deflate people.

Hopefully with all these triple A games returning to their roots (especially COD and BF) Halo will just continue to copy trends and do the same. 

it's easier for CoD since it's yearly.

I would like halo to split into two year cycles. Main franchise being classic halo, and then Spartan Ops could be a whole new franchise where they keep the h5 style movement and stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't even bare to ask Cortona to turn on my Xbox with getting triggered.... PC, you are my bae. Well and recently wii u too because BotW is fucking amazing.

Every keeps saying that BotW is good.. Every time I hear you guys compliment how good it is, it hella makes me want to go out and get a Wii U.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every keeps saying that BotW is good.. Every time I hear you guys compliment how good it is, it hella makes me want to go out and get a Wii U.

My only way to describe it would be with simple adjectives like our President describes things. 

Yuge.  Very beautiful.  Really tough.  Tremendous.  Amazing.  Classy.  

For real though, I think the part that blows me away is how fucking big it is and how much detail there is in every little area, and the fact that it never gets boring.  It gets harder and harder and keeps introducing really terrific content. I'm probably 50 hours in and I haven't even unlocked 2 of the 4 major quest items, and MAYBE a third of the whole map. It really is mind boggling. And really, really tough.  You die a lot, but the game is great at spawning you right back to where you were so it doesn't get super frustrating. My first ever Zelda game and I'm glad I made the purchase. 10/10 did not regret. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Almost 7 years and still no one has a good objective argument on why sprint is good. All I see are people are just saying they "like" the feel of it. Good design isn't subjective people. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

At least it feels like a lot of the major forums (waypoint, r/Halo, Beyond) are in majority favor of removing sprint from Halo. It's just up to 343i if they want to listen to their little fan base that they are left with. We want classic Halo back, and right now it feels like if they don't go back to their roots and follow the trend like these other bigger companies are. We're fucked.

My only way to describe it would be with simple adjectives like our President describes things.

Yuge. Very beautiful. Really tough. Tremendous. Amazing. Classy.

For real though, I think the part that blows me away is how fucking big it is and how much detail there is in every little area, and the fact that it never gets boring. It gets harder and harder and keeps introducing really terrific content. I'm probably 50 hours in and I haven't even unlocked 2 of the 4 major quest items, and MAYBE a third of the whole map. It really is mind boggling. And really, really tough. You die a lot, but the game is great at spawning you right back to where you were so it doesn't get super frustrating. My first ever Zelda game and I'm glad I made the purchase. 10/10 did not regret.

I may have to murder you in your sleep Quietman, because I now I have to go spend $300 on a new console and games. Thanks a lot. Dick.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I may have to murder you in your sleep Quietman, because I now I have to go spend $300 on a new console and games. Thanks a lot. Dick.

Thank me later. 

I already had a Wii U so it wasn't as big of a purchase for me, but even if I had purchased a Wii U for BotW, I still would have been glad I did. In fact, my brother bought a switch for it. Which right now is a little early since it has like 5 games... But, in the long term I think the Switch is a good investment. I have so many times wanted to walk away with my Wii U controller but couldn't because I was tethered to the console. They just need GAMES GAMES GAMES. If they made it to where all the emulator games I've purchased carry over to the switch and made a way transfer your Zelda saves from Wii U to Switch, I'd probably actually buy a switch myself. Or if they make a new 2D Metroid game...  take my money Nintendo.   

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. For the love of God. Copy the trends this time. 

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuesday's goooooooooooooooooooone with the trend.

I feel bad for Josh Menke. I know he wants to fix the ranking system, but with the current population I don't think that's going to happen and he might just end up leaving before Halo 6. I can only imagine the hair pulling he is doing to try and make everyone happy.

yt6yZVf.jpg

a12PC40.gif

I hate when these dumb kids use "nostalgia" as a scapegoat for everything. MAYBE people who played CE 2 and 3 didn't like Reach and 4 because they sucked. Does he think the three years between 3 and Reach are some magical anti-nostalgia cutoff date?

That thread is full of idiots, like most of r/halo when they attempt to do something besides post Warzone gifs. It's really not much better than Waypoint there.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The game is playable in an emulator with just minor graphical glitches so I'd wait till they prefect that. 

I think the game is locked at 30 still but you can go 4k and beyond easily. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1