CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

According to r halo 343 is the best AAA Developer out there

Well, this is the same group that justifies people selecting AR or SMG starts in H3/H2 from MCC.

BTW, how is it going in Forgehub with that juicy debate?

Well, this is the same group that justifies people selecting AR or SMG starts in H3/H2 from MCC.

BTW, how is it going in Forgehub with that juicy debate?

Dying down finally after like 40 pages, that idiot has been talked into a corner so many times.

Speaking of this. Is anyone aware of how they're handling weapon balance? That should of been one of the questions to be honest. I hope they're not going "full" Halo 3 with it.

Based on how clueless they seem to be (no meaningful information about basic, core features, but make sure you cover that armor customization and web UI), I'm going to guess full H3tarded weapon balance. Controller support in a PC FPS is apparently confirmed, though! So... Yeah.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. /r/halo is, and always, will be a fan of the current Halo game. Why? Because everyone who doesn't like the current aren't going to frequent /r/halo and get involved in the discussions since they're involved in other games. If Halo 6 is a Quake 3: Arena clone (lol), then /r/halo will transfer to a pure arena fanbase in two months easy.

Reddit is a content aggregator, meaning it's made for content from outside sources. The comments are a side-part of the site. /r/halo is for content. Did a new video release? Where can I find a link to the HCS stream? What did the new bulletin say? If you go to /r/halo, this stuff will be in the top 10 post every time for easy access instead of browsing through a forum or shitty articles from gaming blogs looking for links. That's what /r/halo is for. It's all the Halo news in one place. The reddit comment system favors hiveminds and places a high emphasis on first-come-first-serve. It is a horrid design for discussion so never expect much from it.

And just to add, please don't say "but I just see nothing but clips in /r/halo" Look around you, there is no Halo news to talk about. Yes, the World Finals are going on right now but for the last year, it's been dead as the MCC servers on launch day. When there is worthwhile Halo news, /r/halo will bring it to the frontpage, though when there isn't, there's going to be fluff.

Basically, /r/halo will always be fans of the latest Halo and it serves as the most efficient place for Halo news. If you treat it as such then you're all good though if you don't like the current Halo game, don't be surprised when you don't get a warm welcome from people that play it daily.

Whatever r/halo shill...

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've said this before and I'll say it again. /r/halo is, and always will be, a fan of the current Halo game. Why? Because everyone who doesn't like the current game aren't going to frequent /r/halo and get involved in the discussions since they're involved in other games. If Halo 6 is a Quake 3: Arena clone (lol), then /r/halo will transfer to a pure arena fanbase in two months easy.

Reddit is a content aggregator, meaning it's made for content from outside sources. The comments are a side-part of the site. /r/halo is for content. Did a new video release? Where can I find a link to the HCS stream? What did the new bulletin say? If you go to /r/halo, this stuff will be in the top 10 post every time for easy access instead of browsing through a forum or shitty articles from gaming blogs. That's what /r/halo is for. It's all the Halo news in one place. The reddit comment system favors hiveminds and places a high emphasis on first-come-first-serve. It is a horrid design for discussion so never expect much from it.

And just to add, please don't say "but I just see nothing but clips in /r/halo" Look around you, there is no Halo news to talk about. Yes, the World Finals are going on right now but for the last year, it's been dead as the MCC servers on launch day. When there is worthwhile Halo news, /r/halo will bring it to the frontpage, though when there isn't, there's going to be fluff.

Basically, /r/halo will always be fans of the latest Halo and it serves as the most efficient place for Halo news. If you treat it as such then you're all good though if you don't like the current Halo game, don't be surprised when you don't get a warm welcome in the comments from people that play that game daily.

At the end of the day, 343i being the best AAA Devs is something that can't be justified. That can't even be an opinion. They made Halo 4, lead the develop of MCC, and made Halo 5.

Halo 4 was shit.

MCC is still broken, and the blame lands on 343 for okaying it.

Halo 5 is a mess.

• Upvote (+1) 8

At the end of the day, 343i being the best AAA Devs is something that can't be justified. That can't even be an opinion. They made Halo 4, lead the develop of MCC, and made Halo 5.

Halo 4 was shit.

MCC is still broken, and the blame lands on 343 for okaying it.

Halo 5 is a mess.

343 will go down as worst developer of all time, in my book. Who else has taken over an already massively popular video game franchise and nosedived it's population into oblivion with terrible/broken games? Halo's reputation under 343 is so shit now that I'm betting Halo 6 sells under a million, opening month.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 will go down as worst developer of all time, in my book. Who else has taken over an already massively popular video game franchise and nosedived it's population into oblivion with terrible/broken games? Halo's reputation under 343 is so shit now that I'm betting Halo 6 sells under a million, opening month.

The guy who made gears judgment

Oh wait. It's the same guy.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Damn, it's incredible how hard everyone in the HWC thread (and other fucking communities) are roasting the venue and such.

Can't say I don't have a smirk.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"I got the most kills on my team."

*It's CTF.*

*He never really helped his team capture anything, where speed would actually be paramount.*

*Wew Lad*

• Upvote (+1) 8

That guy tries way too hard to be funny.

OMGZZ meMEz XD XD YoU JUst GoT punkkkedd lololol troll, im soo randum and funny guyzz

Holy fuck, what an annoying sounding cancer.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Your teammate needs help across the map as fast as possible? Oh he's dead now because you're a fucktard who refused to sprint.

That jump you failed to land? Oh have fun falling over and over again. Make sure to refuse to use clambor too.

The enemy team about score your flag? Have fun losing and having your teammates scream at you because you refused to haul ass to intercept them.

Wanna cross an open area? You start walking aaaaaand your dead because you were exposed to long.

Wanna get into competitive Halo? No one will want you because you don't grasp how fucking stupid you are to believe that you are not going to be forced to utilize the full mechanics of the game. If you cost your team money because of your fucktardery, you'll be kicked to the curb faster than you can say "Don't like it, don't use it".

• Upvote (+1) 8

"I got the most kills on my team."

*It's CTF.*

*He never really helped his team capture anything, where speed would actually be paramount.*

*Wew Lad*

Not to mention he is playing Proving Grounds, where not sprinting is literally encouraged thanks to the SA radar.