CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Gee it's almost like someone was advocating for only using it on bigger, outdoor maps...

I take you said that already?

• Upvote (+1) 1

could @@Neighbor give us a full explanation of H5's horrid aiming please?

"We didn't want to reveal how easy our sandbox is to use, so we made an artificial difficulty of aiming skill gap. It's still technically a skill gap soo it's all good."
  • Upvote (+1) 5

The Proving Grounds playlist is the most uneven multiplayer experience I've ever had the pleasure of enduring. I guess I'm glad that enough people are playing that I regularly get 2-3 teammates working on their placement matches, but... it's not fun. I'm either dominating plats/golds and have teammates barely getting kills, or I'm getting stomped by parties/champs and I'm barely getting kills. 

On the bright side, when I do get even games they're much more fun to play, and if the new radar gets into arena/HCS it'll be a big improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Kek, wouldn't be surprised.

Anyhow, unrelated to you, Tyco, I played a few games with my friend tonight and god-fucking-dammit I thought of uninstalling my game and throwing my Xbox out a window more with every game ending screen. Being matched against an obvious TO4 with an Onyx on their team while being matched with a plat, and two golds on my team, one of which was my friend while I'm still unranked. Yes, I love being slaughtered by kids who hand hold, call out, and sweat their balls off when I just want to relax and play. Would be good if social wasn't just pubstomp central either.

Then shit like the obnoxious aiming which fucks me out of gunfights more times than I can ever fucking count. They said they could revert these edits if there were issues, there were issues within the first day, it's been 16 fucking months, why hasn't this been changed. But no, it's fine to be killed by kids who can't aim worth dick and would normally get dicked on, because I've in turn been crippled in one of the the most vital aspects of the game that I'm normally solid at.

And bullshit like radar JUST NOW getting a test playlist which might not even mean jackshit in the end provided people dislike it, or, yunno, if 343i just never bothers to actually implement it further. Dat classic playlist, though. Or the lack of obvious weapon nerfs/weapon placement changes needed. Or, yunno, shot reg sucking dick to the point where I had someone eat three shotgun shots in three separate occasions, only for him to turn around and OHKO me with one from afar like it's nothing. Getting t-bagged after that was actually fucking infuriating for the first time in a long time.

I always feel terrible when I sometimes end up resorting to the "do you actually do your fucking job/have a sandbox team" type criticisms and comments, but damn. It's been 16 months and we've gotten fuck all, and may as well have been talking to the Great Wall of China with our feedback. Seriously. What the fuck have they been doing for 16 months? Sure as hell wasn't done testing and altering things based on feedback. Or even doing spitball test playlists. And honestly, after seeing the "HWC" things, it just makes me want to uninstall more. It just feels so weary. Uninspired. Like they don't fully try. Or don't want to, because they potentially have an ego about this "perfect game and meta", or worse, they're disconnected as fuck and may not even see the issues. Bungie may not've done competitive shit properly or pushed it as much, but at least they listened to us enough to give us proper settings with MLG maps and shit in playlists on launch, even if they weren't at the matchmaking forefront. They focused on casual as fuck gameplay, but still provided alternatives to their main game. And I'll always love them for that. Just like I'll love them for how I could play Halo 3 solo and not get gang-fucked by a sweaty TO4.

Like, I look over at HW2's team, which, within a week and a half of release pushed out a 9GB update that fixed so much shit. Or CoD which gets weapon rebalances so fucking much. And that gets replaced yearly. Why should they have an incentive to do it? Maybe because they care about their game past themselves. Why can't we get that same type of support for our game that'll be here for three years. It's just frustrating, and demoralizing. Just why bother.

Already considering on uninstalling H5 and putting in TMCC tomorrow. Too much crap in this game for me to take it seriously and/or have fun at all.

Already considering on uninstalling H5 and putting in TMCC tomorrow. Too much crap in this game for me to take it seriously and/or have fun at all.

MCC's super fun, bar few large tech issues remaining. Get it ooooon.

The Proving Grounds playlist is the most uneven multiplayer experience I've ever had the pleasure of enduring. I guess I'm glad that enough people are playing that I regularly get 2-3 teammates working on their placement matches, but... it's not fun. I'm either dominating plats/golds and have teammates barely getting kills, or I'm getting stomped by parties/champs and I'm barely getting kills.

On the bright side, when I do get even games they're much more fun to play, and if the new radar gets into arena/HCS it'll be a big improvement.

Yeah Proving Grounds is a fun experience most of the times, then sometimes you get destroyed by better people.

Yeah Proving Grounds is a fun experience most of the times, then sometimes you get destroyed by better people.

Sometimes you get destroyed multiple games in a row by the same To4 with 2 onyx and 2 champs in it while playing solo on a tv with no mic as a plat 5.

Im not bitter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes you get destroyed multiple games in a row by the same To4 with 2 onyx and 2 champs in it while playing solo on a tv with no mic as a plat 5.

Im not bitter.

60273227.jpg

Edit: B/c   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can't wait to see you get dicked on my iTz so AR in our next session.

Yea you would wanna watch me get dicked on wouldn't you?

I've never been dicked on a day in my life.

"We didn't want to reveal how easy our sandbox is to use, so we made an artificial difficulty of aiming skill gap. It's still technically a skill gap soo it's all good."

But Halo 5 literally has no aiming skill gap.

The aiming just feels like complete shit while being pathetically easy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It was reuploaded

Looks great buy holy hell what a terribly narrated Q&A. They might as well have typed their Q&A into Microsoft Sam so it would have more personality. They need make their Q&A's more open instead of reading a pre-made response.

But Halo 5 literally has no aiming skill gap.

The aiming just feels like complete shit while being pathetically easy.

All in favor of returning to a Goldeneye aiming system, complete with face button turning, say "Aye"!