CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm at the stage where I don't mind watching some of the Pro games, but the thought of playing the game doesn't even come to my mind.

accidental neg.

I wish the halo twitch scene was bigger. It was nice when summit was playing halo. We have some big youtube channels, and I never see them stream. 

Having a lovely conversation with a guy on reddit whos insistent that in 1500+ hours play hes never seen a player escape a gunfight because of sprint, I wonder if we're even talking about the same game ?

Having a lovely conversation with a guy on reddit whos insistent that in 1500+ hours play hes never seen a player escape a gunfight because of sprint, I wonder if we're even talking about the same game ?

Probably because of how the main mechanic that perpetuates escaping from a gunfight is thrust. You'll never see a player escape from a losing engagement in halo 5 using only sprint.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1350333

Why do I constantly see all of these people talk about how amazing and unrivaled Halo 5's multiplayer and gameplay are? YOU LITERALLY CANNOT EVEN FUCKING AIM!!

Its basically the opposite of this forum, where everyone just hates on the game constantly for everything, as if there's absolutely nothing good about it.  At least on reddit you get a bit of both. 

Check the accuracy stats for most pro's and you'll see that every season they're within 1-3% accuracy of the previous one since August or longer.

http://halo5arena.com/player/nV-TheSnip3down

http://halo5arena.com/player/iTz-So-Frosty

http://halo5arena.com/player/LethuL/season1605

I'm not saying heavy aiming isn't a thing, just that its not creating hugely inconsistent stats.  These guys play hundreds of games each season, and their accuracy stays within 1%.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probably because of how the main mechanic that perpetuates escaping from a gunfight is thrust. You'll never see a player escape from a losing engagement in halo 5 using only sprint.

He was pretty adamant on thrust not being a problem either, the thrust sprint combo for ease of escape was the main point of my argument.

He was pretty adamant on thrust not being a problem either, the thrust sprint combo for ease of escape was the main point of my argument.

I think sprint is wayyy worse than thrust 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think sprint is wayyy worse than thrust

I agree but thrust negates that inability to sprint when being shot, just thrust to cover and you're away.

I agree but thrust negates that inability to sprint when being shot, just thrust to cover and you're away.

Both need to be used in conjunction with one another.

Its basically the opposite of this forum, where everyone just hates on the game constantly for everything, as if there's absolutely nothing good about it. At least on reddit you get a bit of both.

Check the accuracy stats for most pro's and you'll see that every season they're within 1-3% accuracy of the previous one since August or longer.

http://halo5arena.com/player/nV-TheSnip3down

http://halo5arena.com/player/iTz-So-Frosty

http://halo5arena.com/player/LethuL/season1605

I'm not saying heavy aiming isn't a thing, just that its not creating hugely inconsistent stats. These guys play hundreds of games each season, and their accuracy stays within 1%.

Aren't most of the pro game played on LAN?

Many people think that the networking has some effect on the aiming system.

Aren't most of the pro game played on LAN?

Many people think that the networking has some effect on the aiming system.

No, if anything there's more pro gameplay played online than on LAN. You have to count scrims as pro vs pro gameplay because that is generally the case and happens multiple nights a week.

what does this post even mean?

.....That this nerfed radar is going to make it so some people are completely lost without it, even me at times.

• Downvote (-1) 1

http://halotracker.com/h5/player/n-2the-eighbor

I try to play as much as I can after work when I get the chance. I am currently champion 96 in the arena playlist for this season with a 1.8 KD (lulz).

Anddddd to answer your question, yes I do enjoy playing Halo 5. I love playing comp Halo MP regardless of the iteration but I will be the first to tell you that I am a Classic Halo fan boy. The fact that I was brought on to the sandbox team (just recently) should be a good indication of the direction we are heading.

We are going to make Halo great, I can promise you that.

Does that mean that Halo 6 won't have sprint and all the other gimmicks that have ruined this franchise?

Just curious, and I doubt you can answer this, but how many people that you work with actually prefer classic halo to the new halo?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, you should challenge him to not use thrust or sprint for an entire game and see how long he survives per death.

Can anyone let us know how forge maps play in the new update? I'm greatly curious, and I can't play until later in the evening.

Sniper feels good

I'm not really noticing much of a difference on either weapon, honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Update is out on PC and Xbox One. 2.4GB on Xbox.

update is 2.28 GB on PC

aiming lag/floatiness with KBM on PC is much better, still not CS good, but definitely better.  There is still a problem with the Axis though.  X =/= Y so you will need to lower the vertical sense if you want everything to be uniform, as most people do on PC.

The aim assist reduction for sniper is only when unscoped so hopefully we will notice that de-scoping a sniper is actually worth it now.  If i could not get no-scoped mid thrust 26 times a game, that would be great.

my ass - that shit has virtually no aim assist anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Radar fix is great...now if we could get a aiming fix and 10-20% damage/range reduction in automatics I will be an extremely happy camper.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I couldn't feel the difference in the Plasma Caster fall-off (which is silly because the problem with the weapon was its buffed detonation time) but I could definitely feel the difference in the Sniper. 

Red reticle felt less sticky and I felt as though the aim assist radius was lowered as well (how close your reticle must be before turning red), but that could be placebo. It's definitely more challenging.