CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The fact that Frankie said they'll be sticking with Halo 5s formula for future titles and refining it makes me want to run myself over. That post on neogaf brought my feelings into a dark place.

Been living in a dark place for ages now. 

richmond.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

My entire Halo 5 experience and why I don't play it anymore.

​>Nobody has an xbox anymore, so I'll search ranked solo
​>Every game is horribly unbalanced and unplayable
​>Never mind, I'll guess I'll search in social
​>There is no social
>Warzone then
​>Lol never again
​>They add social
​>It's not actually social, it's ranked with the rank not on display
​>Never play again
​>Months go by
>Maybe I'll check out Halo Wars...
​>See a Halo Wars stream
​>Lol no
>Halo 6 rumours
​>Won't be deceived any longer

>Accept Halo is dead and 343 suck

​I actually quite like Halo 5's game mechanics and gunplay and stuff - it's just a shame the matchmaking system is absolutely horrible. The ranked and social modes are childishly bad.

• Upvote (+1) 4

After my long spiel yesterday, I've figured out the key to get the best of the aim in Halo 5.

0.5x, 0.5y, 1 Accel.

Here's a Fathom Assault with those settings:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/24d6d52c-6036-47a6-9d08-fbb8932fc7c7/players/automatousbeing?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

I went 44-9, over 60% accuracy, 6 perfects.

That's it guys, it's as easy as that!

No lie, I'm gonna try and play these settings for a month. Because why not, my aim with reasonable settings wasn't getting any better. Ninja rage clips inbound.

Been there done that, its all fun and games until they get behind you
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 6 will be good.  I for one hope the people with attitudes and opinions like yours fade away and make room for people who are OK with change.  I think most of the major changes people wanted for Halo 5 will be in 6 as they [343] likely had to make a decision at some point to focus those efforts on Halo 6, or divert enough resources and money back to make them in Halo 5 retroactively.  I think they'd admit H5 had flaws but it damn sure did a good job at bringing back the hype that Bungie, yes BUNGIE, began to kill with Halo Reach and spartan abilities.  I accept your neg's but I won't stop reminding you all there are people on here that actually like where Halo 5 took the series and look forward to the future of it.

You have to be joking. Please.

Why are you such an imbecile?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You have to be joking. Please.

Why are you such an imbecile?

Good, productive, intelligent, counter point.  Better than the others who silently neg because someone has a different opinion, I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Good, productive, intelligent, counter point. Better than the others who silently neg because someone has a different opinion, I guess.

Welcome to Beyond
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Good, productive, intelligent, counter point.  Better than the others who silently neg because someone has a different opinion, I guess.

You do know that Halo 5's "Spartan Abilities" is just another term for "Armor abilities" right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

My entire Halo 5 experience and why I don't play it anymore.

​>Nobody has an xbox anymore, so I'll search ranked solo

​>Every game is horribly unbalanced and unplayable

​>Never mind, I'll guess I'll search in social

​>There is no social

>Warzone then

​>Lol never again

​>They add social

​>It's not actually social, it's ranked with the rank not on display

​>Never play again

​>Months go by

>Maybe I'll check out Halo Wars...

​>See a Halo Wars stream

​>Lol no

>Halo 6 rumours

​>Won't be deceived any longer

>Accept Halo is dead and 343 suck

​I actually quite like Halo 5's game mechanics and gunplay and stuff - it's just a shame the matchmaking system is absolutely horrible. The ranked and social modes are childishly bad.

Maybe Menke will save us.  Social is actually social now, but i know what you mean.  No dev big team maps, no "Classic" playlist, refusal to make ranked matter.

Here is a loud boisterous -1 from a Quiet Man.  Is that better?

• Upvote (+1) 8

I randomly felt like trying out H5 social matchmaking actually.

I quickly remembered I would have more fun getting 50-0d in MCC CE matchmaking than getting killed because my opponents have a weapon with more aim assist and magnetism than my Pistol when I respawn

I really can't tell if you are trolling or not. I hope you are, or I am going to assume you are <16 years old and started playing Halo during Reach or Halo 4 (and this is not an ad hominem attack, I am being logical).

1. All the evidence and trends point to the fact that Halo 6 will most likely be "bad". They certainly aren't going to give up micro-transactions, they probably are going to focus even more on Warzone, and every 343 title has had sprint, some form of abilities, lack luster maps, frame-rate issues, so on. I couldn't possibly understand how one would think Halo 6 predictably will be a success.

2. You're right to say that Bungie/Reach did start to "kill" halo by adding spartan abilities, bloom, sprint, and 343 did actually step in and remove Bloom/Sprint for competitive. But you also fail to realize that it was a more complicated issue where MLG was essentially scumbagging the Halo franchise that built them after being pressured by Activision and CoD. Either way, there was hype for Halo 4....how did that perform? Oh it put this series on life support because it was a disgrace for a halo title. Halo 5 only had hype because it's a fucking halo title, it killed all hype shortly after as seen by the population quickly and continuously dying, casuals shitting on the campaign, the vast majority shitting on the game mechanics and saying this game is simply not fun.

3. I mean...please tell me you are trolling. People like where Halo 5 took the series? Where did it take the series? Oh 129th place on the Twitch list, 19th place on Xbox most played games where there aren't even many good titles for the XBONE at all, a population of 10-30k and that is being generous, micro-transactions and focus on a casual playlist over anything else, lack of direction and without a fucking clue how to balance/tune the competitive side of the game, oh and everyone thinks the campaign was the worst in the entire series. If MCC wasn't so broken, and IMO purposefully not fixed / broken again after the initial fix, it would have a similar population if not higher than Halo 5.

4. Lastly, I don't know what the fuck you are talking about with diverting resources. You think that 343 has been working on Halo 6 PRIOR to the release of Halo 5??? Where BTB, Assault, KotH, Infection, Grifball, Doubles, FORGE, etc etc etc. were all not included and graciously given to us peasants as "DLC" from the kind overlords at 343? Please tell me how they are diverting resources to Halo 6 when they have to put minimal effort in to fix things in this game and they DON'T, such as Icarus Armor, the Warzone 12 man glitch where they are banning people 1 week instead of, you know fixing it, the matchmaking system, frame-rate issues, Map-rotation for playlists, Breakout settings, Competitive settings.

Idk man, I hope you just caught me with your bait and are reeling me in as a troll because I cannot see how you believe this game is a success or Halo 6 will be one, you might as well just play the real thing, Infinite Warfare, if you think this series is moving in the right direction. We will have fucking grapple hooks in Halo 6, mark my words. Either Roadhog or Widowmaker or both style grapple hooks that you can use in Warzone at the very least. Or 343 will rip something else from OW or CoD, Payload Warzone, running on walls, none of this shit will surprise me whatsoever.

A thorough shitting-on. He probably won't even read all of it. And despite getting slamfucked by logic, he probably will ignore all of it and refuse to learn anything.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A thorough shitting-on. He probably won't even read all of it. And despite getting slamfucked by logic, he probably will ignore all of it and refuse to learn anything.

I hope he responds, I don't understand how someone could say 343 is taking the Halo franchise in the right direction unless they have only experienced this direction (Halo 4-MCC-Halo 5). Even then all the numbers and rankings show the state of this game, and the only figure that is actually good, ~5 million copies sold, is actually a massive negative because it gives 343 free reign to continue this path and justify it. 

I don't really want to shit on the guy either, forget his name...jeebles? But I'm just passionate about Halo and I am genuinely baffled as to how he can believe that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H6 goes brstarts/to default h3/h2 style since cod is going boots on the ground confirmed.... nah imagine?

H6 goes brstarts/to default h3/h2 style since cod is going boots on the ground confirmed.... nah imagine?

I'd rather not imagine that.

• Upvote (+1) 4