CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

WE USED TO HAVE THIS : (

Remember when Halo 5 had double xp? nope. just bonus xp. you got like 5 bonus xp. woo

It's really odd there hasn't been a single double xp/rp weekend in Halo 5. Like what game DOESN'T do that.

Closest we have is bonus XP events (which kind of stopped) and Mythic WZFF offering a crap ton of RP each weekend. 

Such a shame.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My lazy strafe recycles more frames than a thrust bump

But does it recycle more frames than thrust canceling?!?!? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Idk yet I'll have to science it

You're going to have to count frame by frame.  The process has to be as mathematical as fuck. Otherwise you're wrong!

• Upvote (+1) 2

There was no issue in going from hitscan to projectile. That was a good shift. The issue was making the main utility a burst fire weapon that had spread on top of said projectile nature. Good projectile = CE Magnum. Bad projectile = H3 BR. Bar that, hitscan is something I wouldn't commend. Projectile's 10x better in every way.

Coming from a separate competitive community with projectile bullets (Ace of Spades 0.75), I can guarantee you projectiles are too random and incalculable in-game to be a decent aspect of a competitive esport.

• Downvote (-1) 2

You're going to have to count frame by frame. The process has to be as mathematical as fuck. Otherwise you're wrong!

The process will be grueling but this is what it takes to be considered good. No frames, no gains.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Who knew Halo 5 pistol battles were rocket science?! 

Makes sense I guess since the bullets have laser targeted guidance systems in them that allows them to hit when they were fired well away from the target. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Coming from a separate competitive community with projectile bullets (Ace of Spades 0.75), I can guarantee you projectiles are too random and incalculable in-game to be a decent aspect of a competitive esport.

I'll just leave these here

• Upvote (+1) 6

Who has the H+P Duo queue vs Evolved To4 stats? We need more drama. This is Beyond after all.

I feel bad for Deucey.. he put all that effort in at the start just for nothing it seems

Dude, that is just all kinds of false. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Who knew Halo 5 pistol battles were rocket science?! 

Makes sense I guess since the bullets have laser targeted guidance systems in them that allows them to hit when they were fired well away from the target. 

cea442d5784ae37fe9615b15aefd265fb4a7b9a3

• Upvote (+1) 3

The process will be grueling but this is what it takes to be considered good. No frames, no gains.

Gains > Being good at Spacey shooter 5

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not going to waste me time responding to a 3 page extension of the same delusional posts/Halo University™ lectures @Devaneaux always makes. "If you studied the frame data as much as me, you would know how important recycling a few frames of your shooting animation is in a game with trade windows as massive as Halo 5!"

Way to rank check in a game with a broken ranking system and no party restrictions, though. You don't come across as insecure at all with the short paper you wrote when you have no time and need to be studying. You're right, buddy. You're so objective and have so much game knowledge. It's a shame it's in a completely irrelevant game with a competitive scene that wouldn't exist if Microsoft wasn't throwing money at prize pools (for the top 8) in a desperate, incompetent bid for the growing eSports industry. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to take my "casual" mentality to a game that doesn't require Olympic level mental gymnastics to take seriously as a competitive game. Like CS.

#MakeHaloGreatAgain

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Gains > Being good at Spacey shooter 5

Yea but H5 has like 20k people playing it so being good means a lot. Gains are just for like girls and health and stuff. You tell me what matters more.
  • Upvote (+1) 1