CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You've got to be kidding me. According to Greenskull, the classic helmet pack is only for a limited time. I was doing so well in not playing this dumbass game, but as a fan of the Bungie-era Halo games, I can't pass up on this pack. I'm not going to spend any money, so it'll have to be through REQ points. I currently have less than 10k.

Forgive me @@MultiLockOn

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ideally I want to min/max the time spent playing and points earned. What's the quickest way to earn REQ points?

I sold literally every req I had except the H1 pistols, I don't have it in me to sell those, and ended up with 160,000 rp. There is an extension that makes selling them easier. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not that its amazing, just better than Halo 5's

You don't even need context, this is not a major achievement and typically true. 

Is calling an opinion "nostalgia" or "nostalgia goggles" a new meme on r/halo or something?

Such a cop out answer to an opinion. 

Well that's just like

the-big-lebowski.jpg

your nostalgia goggles man. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You've got to be kidding me. According to Greenskull, the classic helmet pack is only for a limited time. I was doing so well in not playing this dumbass game, but as a fan of the Bungie-era Halo games, I can't pass up on this pack. I'm not going to spend any money, so it'll have to be through REQ points. I currently have less than 10k.

Forgive me @@MultiLockOn

It says that it's limited time only in the message of the day but:

1. It'll probably come back frequently

2. It will always be available for money (sadly)

3. I can see them throwing the helmets into the Gold REQ pool eventually

ske7ch mentioned on twitter that the helmets will probably be back at a later date after they're taken down.

Forgive me @@MultiLockOn

Maybe you should stop buying req packs pal. Waste of time.

Kidding, but that's 343's armor progression for you.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but if you buy a 2nd helmet pack you will unlock the HCS armor and weapon skins. So if you have the RP to spend and dont have them i suggest you do this.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but if you buy a 2nd helmet pack you will unlock the HCS armor and weapon skins. So if you have the RP to spend and dont have them i suggest you do this.

Just to be clear, you unlock only one piece per 150k... I just spent all of what I had leftover to get almost everything.

The ever-loved sustain team for Halo 5 is working on more frequent updates for matchmaking going forward starting today by consolidating some playlists. Specifically Triple Team and Shotty Snipers were removed today and Assault was added as a rotational playlist.

The sustain team is also working on making a few rotational playlists that will be rotate in and out of matchmaking regularly to mix things up a little. 

Doubles refresh coming on Feb 14th, also. If this is shitty Breakout maps again I swear...

More info: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/you-can-haz-recon

Just to be clear, you unlock only one piece per 150k... I just spent all of what I had leftover to get almost everything.

including 3 HCS skins (non teams) Assuming you have all your REQs unlocked.

It's weirder especially given what happened with Halo 4. Game was out for 6-7 months, and they unleashed a massive Turbo patch for almost everything in the game. It was 6-7 months late, arguably, but it still happened and was made out (properly) to be a big deal. And good on them for it. However, it's been twice that for this game and we got nothing bar some minor weapon tweaks that'll primarily affect WZ and not the core experience, Arena. I don't know what changed, but it kinda sucks for the comp crowd, especially given how vocal and specific we are with feedback. I would be less annoyed if we got shitty constant patches for weapon balance, to be honest. SOMETHING over nothing to show they're trying to fiddle with balance at the very least.

Like, even then, it took the creator of Evolved (one man) a week or so to make the most competitively viable options we've seen for the game which were then tuned over time given player feedback. It shouldn't be hard to get a mentally knowledgeable competitive gamer to create proper settings for you. Hell, if MLG was allowed to host tournies for the game, I guarantee they would've done it, given what occurred with Halo 3 and Reach.

And the thing that sucks more is how un-vocal they are about it. I think all of this has been said before, but bar Ske7ch, Brav, and Salient (Shout outssssss), the team's pretty much silent with regards to balance and the like, despite questions being raised. Fostering a proper community involves talking and interacting with said community, and it sucks to see most of the people who could answer questions remain quiet for whatever reason. And that results in people leaving, be it out of anger, frustration or the like, which is bad, obviously. 

Goes past balance patches to a point. It goes into communication and keeping us informed. Pretty sure it's obvious that it feels like we're talking to walls when we make these massive posts to them and rarely get anything back.

Eck, I really don't like making these posts, to be honest. It's both sad and exhausting.

lmao

bar no one

Well that's just like

the-big-lebowski.jpg

your nostalgia goggles man. 

DURR DURR HOW DARE YOU ACTUALLY PREFER THE OLD GAMES #NOSTALGIAGOGGLES #ROSETINTEDGALSSES

• Upvote (+1) 3

Remember when Halo trailers would use music from the actual games? Still can't believe they shoved a fucking Muse song in the H5 launch trailer.

343 hasn't made anything that can hold up a candle to Bungie's trailers. The H2 launch trailer, the H3 launch trailer, Finish the Fight trailers, Starry Night, Deliver Hope. The only worthwhile 343 trailer was the H4 reveal trailer and even that was meh.

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 hasn't made anything that can hold up a candle to Bungie's trailers. The H2 launch trailer, the H3 launch trailer, Finish the Fight trailers, Starry Night, Deliver Hope. The only worthwhile 343 trailer was the H4 reveal trailer and even that was meh.

Starry Night was so Hype. The most hype I have ever been after a trailer.

So, bungie has rebalanced the weapons in Destiny for like the 3rd full time.. This game has had a weapon rebalance 0.2 times, that is pretty pathetic for how long this game has been out. I do not understand why they refuse to do so

They'll rebalance the weapons, but instead of updating Halo 5, they will release it as a new game: Halo 6, a refined version of Halo 5. 343 never misses a chance to rip off Halo players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Bet you can't stick it."

I used to get chills every time I watched that one. 

Now I get chills when I see Power Rangers Spartans flying down a mountain doing super epic moves! /s

• Upvote (+1) 6

To be fair, I didn't like the Halo 4 announcement trailer, but did end up liking the E3 trailer(?) from one year later? The one where they show the commissioning of the Infinity. I thought (and still think) it was a cool idea to have a live action sequence that then directly leads into gameplay. I was almost sad that that shot didn't end up in the game, in a terminal or so.

I also sorta liked most of the Halo Wars 2 trailers, especially the second one, where Cutter and Atriox meet on the battlefield frozen in time. Was that 343 as well or did Creative Assembly make those on their own?

To be fair, I didn't like the Halo 4 announcement trailer, but did end up liking the E3 trailer(?) from one year later? The one where they show the commissioning of the Infinity. I thought (and still think) it was a cool idea to have a live action sequence that then directly leads into gameplay. I was almost sad that that shot didn't end up in the game, in a terminal or so.

I also sorta liked most of the Halo Wars 2 trailers, especially the second one, where Cutter and Atriox meet on the battlefield frozen in time. Was that 343 as well or did Creative Assembly make those on their own?

There have been a bunch of great trailers IMO during 343's run as Developer. I really also liked the the "Scanned" trailer where he was captured by the Didact... which would have been a fun mission in the game.