CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Agree to disagree on that one.

I'd be happy to hear what you think is wrong with it right now. I know balance can differ between ranks. I'm in Masters btw. 

It's another thing where not every single hero has to be equally viable to be considered balanced. That would never happen anyways. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_FJwx_iYDk

Take notes 343i.

inb4 people post without watching it, there is more there than just the server browser. XP in customs, per team/hero tweaks, etc.

when he says "you can find all public custom games in your selected region", my head just exploded.

Why region selection is still not a thing in halo? And why no one seems to care about it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No where to go but up for their incredibly garbage first attempt at a CTF mode.

343 lets their garbage sit there for years unattended.  Is that what you prefer? 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'd be happy to hear what you think is wrong with it right now. I know balance can differ between ranks. I'm in Masters btw.

It's another thing where not every single hero has to be equally viable to be considered balanced. That would never happen anyways.

He has mentioned his thoughts before in the Overwatch discussion thread, if you care to look at his history.

Just wanted to take a moment and highlight how much better Overwatch's UI is compared to Halo 5's.

Not that its amazing, just better than Halo 5's

The first time I opened custom games in H5 to test out some maps, I wanted to change some general settings. Looking through the settings menus I'm surprised I didn't become cross eyed.

So, bungie has rebalanced the weapons in Destiny for like the 3rd full time.. This game has had a weapon rebalance 0.2 times, that is pretty pathetic for how long this game has been out. I do not understand why they refuse to do so. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, bungie has rebalanced the weapons in Destiny for like the 3rd full time.. This game has had a weapon rebalance 0.2 times, that is pretty pathetic for how long this game has been out. I do not understand why they refuse to do so. 

Please tweet Tim Longo, thanks.

:eyes:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's weirder especially given what happened with Halo 4. Game was out for 6-7 months, and they unleashed a massive Turbo patch for almost everything in the game. It was 6-7 months late, arguably, but it still happened and was made out (properly) to be a big deal. And good on them for it. However, it's been twice that for this game and we got nothing bar some minor weapon tweaks that'll primarily affect WZ and not the core experience, Arena. I don't know what changed, but it kinda sucks for the comp crowd, especially given how vocal and specific we are with feedback. I would be less annoyed if we got shitty constant patches for weapon balance, to be honest. SOMETHING over nothing to show they're trying to fiddle with balance at the very least.

Like, even then, it took the creator of Evolved (one man) a week or so to make the most competitively viable options we've seen for the game which were then tuned over time given player feedback. It shouldn't be hard to get a mentally knowledgeable competitive gamer to create proper settings for you. Hell, if MLG was allowed to host tournies for the game, I guarantee they would've done it, given what occurred with Halo 3 and Reach.

And the thing that sucks more is how un-vocal they are about it. I think all of this has been said before, but bar Ske7ch, Brav, and Salient (Shout outssssss), the team's pretty much silent with regards to balance and the like, despite questions being raised. Fostering a proper community involves talking and interacting with said community, and it sucks to see most of the people who could answer questions remain quiet for whatever reason. And that results in people leaving, be it out of anger, frustration or the like, which is bad, obviously. 

Goes past balance patches to a point. It goes into communication and keeping us informed. Pretty sure it's obvious that it feels like we're talking to walls when we make these massive posts to them and rarely get anything back.

Eck, I really don't like making these posts, to be honest. It's both sad and exhausting.

• Upvote (+1) 7

No where to go but up for their incredibly garbage first attempt at a CTF mode.

Because 343 definitely nailed CTF with H4.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is calling an opinion "nostalgia" or "nostalgia goggles" a new meme on r/halo or something?

Such a cop out answer to an opinion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is calling an opinion "nostalgia" or "nostalgia goggles" a new meme on r/halo or something?

Such a cop out answer to an opinion. 

This in response to the people asking for the armour effects back?

This in response to the people asking for the armour effects back?

Pretty much. I don't care if people want or don't want them back (I'm indifferent), but it just grinds my gears how much people use that argument instantly. Not saying it doesn't have it's place at all, but some people overuse it, IMO.

Because h5's weapon balance is already PERFECT!

Duh

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fuck overwatch! and while we're at it, fuck rocket league and destiny pvp too.

Overwatch and Rocket League are 10000X better than H5 right now

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1