CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Welp, I'm done with Halo 5. Played three games and were just the complete opposite of fun. On to Halo 6, I guess.

Eh, I know posts like these are beaten to death... but I just can't play this anymore...

Shit, even "arena" makes me want to tear my hair out. I don't dislike it because it's the most competitive game of all time (according to r/halo), I just hate it because it's just frustrating as hell to play.

What else is there? Warzone? That mode sucks and isn't fun when you're getting Wasp/Banshee spammed for 20 minutes.

Even find the custom games boring as well. Even with all the Forge tools, I still find the customs boring. I imagine that's unpopular.

This game... man.

Need a break from this series.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly if the aiming in Halo 5 still felt like beta, I would have played it WAY more. The magnum felt very satisfying to use and I enjoyed the smooth 60fps. The aiming was too frustrating though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even find the custom games boring as well. Even with all the Forge tools, I still find the customs boring. I imagine that's unpopular.

I played the custom game browser on the Xbox One before the Super Bowl yesterday (PC community is dead lol) and I was impressed on how much the game's mechanics still makes me not want to play the game even with Infection customs. Back to Overwatch and Battlefield 1 for my FPS itch I guess.

I got a surprise night off tonight. Big Team squad assemble!

If you want in and don't normally play with us, don't be shy. Message me at "Hard VVay" and I'll get you in with us.

Anyone know where I can find the Halo 5 Team Slayer game where Ryanoob only got 2 kills in a blowout? Either the names of the teams competing or a link to the video would be much appreciated. Thanks.

So say what you will about 343 and H5's bad aiming system, and their inadequate remedies for it, but my Elite controller got slow turn after 2 months, and 15% outer deadzone absolutely fixed it. I'm pretty damn grateful right now.

Also, is it weird that I find Exuberant Witness' voice attractive and worth the 10 bucks just for that?

So say what you will about 343 and H5's bad aiming system, and their inadequate remedies for it, but my Elite controller got slow turn after 2 months, and 15% outer deadzone absolutely fixed it. I'm pretty damn grateful right now.

Also, is it weird that I find Exuberant Witness' voice attractive and worth the 10 bucks just for that?

I love the Buck voice , love it when you get a "noob combo" kill

would you say it makes you HARDway?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Welp, I'm done with Halo 5. Played three games and were just the complete opposite of fun. On to Halo 6, I guess.

Eh, I know posts like these are beaten to death... but I just can't play this anymore...

Shit, even "arena" makes me want to tear my hair out. I don't dislike it because it's the most competitive game of all time (according to r/halo), I just hate it because it's just frustrating as hell to play.

What else is there? Warzone? That mode sucks and isn't fun when you're getting Wasp/Banshee spammed for 20 minutes.

This game... man.

Need a break from this series.

Halo 6 will be worse. Bookmark this post.  I'll gladly eat my shoe if I end up wrong.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Take notes 343i. 

inb4 people post without watching it, there is more there than just the server browser. XP in customs, per team/hero tweaks, etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Take notes 343i. 

inb4 people post without watching it, there is more there than just the server browser. XP in customs, per team/hero tweaks, etc. 

I'm gonna watch it now but that's a great incentive.

Take notes 343i. 

So sick.  H Y P E

My imagination went wild watching this.  When he mentioned the one beefed up Roadhog against a team of 6.  Imagine if in the future they update it to where one hero can have another heroes abilities as well.  Like a road hog that can hook people and also blink like tracer, or grapple like widow.  It will be fun to see what comes of this.  Possibly even a button to cycle through configurable hero abilities with an icon to let you know the current hero abilities config.  Your APM would have to go through the roof if you try to manage that many hero abilities in a 1 v 6.    

Oh God what have I done?

Better than FlacidVVay, amiright?

Great alt for you right there. ;)  You can thank Grim later. 

Better than FlacidVVay, amiright?

Great alt for you right there. ;) You can thank Grim later.

My friend made it in 2010.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"What if someone makes a better CTF? All the different things that you're doing. We want to watch and see. Say everyone is playing CTF with these certain settings and it seems to be even more popular than our version of CTF. We're going to be paying attention to that."

Jesus Christ. Why did we have to get 343? Why us?

No where to go but up for their incredibly garbage first attempt at a CTF mode.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No where to go but up for their incredibly garbage first attempt at a CTF mode.

Started at the bottom now we're..... One step higher.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just an example of some of the things you can change. Hero specific, as this screen is for Mccree only. 

7QFWpVC.jpg

Edit: In the video he scrolls down on Junkrat's page and "Projectile Speed" is configurable. Hell yes! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one can deny the communication and transparency among Blizzard, but I still heavily disagree with their design choices on hero balance.

Hero balance is in a great spot right now, at least on PC. 

Hero balance is in a great spot right now, at least on PC. 

Till the next FoTM balancing swing happens and new heroes get nerfed while others get buffed into relevance. What was it most recently? Roadhog and D.Va?

Once you deal with Blizzard, you learn their brand of balancing is the same across the board. You may think they're listening, but they're doing whatever they want to keep you hopeful that they will address something pertaining to your favorite hero/faction/class/race etc. 

Oh and don't forget... if they do rebalance your favorite hero, they may just change it completely for the worse on a whim. Maybe when a major content update comes around. 

• Upvote (+1) 2