CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

not a bad montage ... the only killionaire +5 i can recall seeing.  I think Kampy had a killionaire +3 in an H3 montage

Too bad H5 multikills are literally a joke with the 4.5s timer and the OP sniper.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gotta love using multiple smurfs, getting easy as fuck multikills, with easy as dicks weapons, and FIESTA (Ya gotta be kidding me) weapons being used in montages. That's excluding how ludicrously hard it is to take a Warzone Killionaire seriously, when the majority of it's achieved with an Arclight... One of THE easiest weapons on the planet. For how seriously this montage takes itself... It's such a joke.

Sounds like a montage that I'd make tbh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Upvote (+1) 2

nofunallowed.jpg

I don't really even watch his montages for the multi-kills cause smurf accounts, mismatched parties in WZ and H5 in general, but I do like the unique stuff that he does like using the soda can to fly around the map for example.

I might be alone in thinking that the Halo 5/3 Security helmet is much better than the Reach version. Way more faithful to Marathon, the second best game series Bungie has done.

definitely loving the readjustment of armor loadouts (3 to 6, depending on how strong they are) and wasps (4, 5, 6 instead of 3, 4, 5).  splasers at 4 is also super-helpful ... WZ is way more playable

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gotta love using multiple smurfs, getting easy as fuck multikills, with easy as dicks weapons, and FIESTA (Ya gotta be kidding me) weapons being used in montages. That's excluding how ludicrously hard it is to take a Warzone Killionaire seriously, when the majority of it's achieved with an Arclight... One of THE easiest weapons on the planet. For how seriously this montage takes itself... It's such a joke.

There are plenty of social multi-kill montages (Kampy, FatRat, etc etc.) out there.  Getting a killionaire in 5v5 is not easy, even in H5 Super Fiesta.  

For sure, though, multi-kills are easier in H5 versus previous Halos (hence I wrote "not a bad montage" rather than "OMG best montage ever").  

There are plenty of social multi-kill montages (Kampy, FatRat, etc etc.) out there.  Getting a killionaire in 5v5 is not easy, even in H5 Super Fiesta.  

For sure, though, multi-kills are easier in H5 versus previous Halos (hence I wrote "not a bad montage" rather than "OMG best montage ever").  

Issue wasn't just with multikills.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I have a night off from this stupid overnight guard duty detail. It would be neat if we could get a Beyond lobby going. I won't be able to play again until probably Wednesday.

3 platinum/ gold scrubs looking for a 4th to run arena. Gt is jtc00ky if anyone is interested. It's gonna be fun.

Too bad H5 multikills are literally a joke with the 4.5s timer and the OP sniper.

I thought that it was 5s, and Halo 4 was 4.5?

But I don't really have a problem with a longer multi kill timer, it's stupid easy to get away or prolong your death in this game.

I thought that it was 5s, and Halo 4 was 4.5?

But I don't really have a problem with a longer multi kill timer, it's stupid easy to get away or prolong your death in this game.

Yup. Halo 5 bumped it up to 5 for some reason.

Can we talk about how much unearthed sucks dick? The layout is trash, the spawns are fucked since they can spawn literally so far away after you got the flag out it's unfair, and the top structure is so high a sniper can do whatever he wants.

And why is the wasp on any big team map? It's so overpowered and like most vehicles takes so much damage before you can even begin to pop it's shields

And since every map is forged, can we are least get one that has pistol starts?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Meaningful req level adjustments: 12

Meaningful arena balance changes: 0

As long as the sandbox team controls the Arena weapons balancing, arena will be shit. Longo doesn't give a shit about competetive.

I understand why they want the weapon properties to carry from the SP to Arena to warzone, but it makes no sense not to have a standard set that strictly adhere's to the power:ease-of-use ratio. They could always use req variants for Campaign, social, and Warzone as they see fit, while using this standard set for Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we talk about how much unearthed sucks dick? The layout is trash, the spawns are fucked since they can spawn literally so far away after you got the flag out it's unfair, and the top structure is so high a sniper can do whatever he wants.

And why is the wasp on any big team map? It's so overpowered and like most vehicles takes so much damage before you can even begin to pop it's shields

And since every map is forged, can we are least get one that has pistol starts?

Like too many things in this game, that map is only fun against idiots. The second you have to play a team that exploits the map and the vehicles, it falls apart. That one might be the worst because theres no limit to the number of wasps. They just keep spawning even if both are still in play. And yes, that vehicle is fucked. I don't understand why vehicles get shields, especially air vehicles since they have so much control and can get anywhere quickly. I feel like a vehicle that functions like the wasp should be twice as big and half as fast.

Yup. Halo 5 bumped it up to 5 for some reason.

Really? That makes H5 even more of a joke than I thought. Easiest sandbox in the series and they decide to up the multikill timer even more. Wow.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Multikills in Halo aren't even rewarding anymore. You used to get multikills for getting kills in quick succession. Now you just get multikills for playing the damn game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Like too many things in this game, that map is only fun against idiots. The second you have to play a team that exploits the map and the vehicles, it falls apart. That one might be the worst because theres no limit to the number of wasps. They just keep spawning even if both are still in play. And yes, that vehicle is fucked. I don't understand why vehicles get shields, especially air vehicles since they have so much control and can get anywhere quickly. I feel like a vehicle that functions like the wasp should be twice as big and half as fast.

Was the final straw for me in BTB. Ugly and terrible map. If I ever play I quit when it shows up. 

Really? That makes H5 even more of a joke than I thought. Easiest sandbox in the series and they decide to up the multikill timer even more. Wow.

Yeahhhhh. I guess it was because of the movement abilities but who knows. I only noticed when the website description was finally updated to 5 seconds from 4.5.

I still think they should remove ranked slayer, it's pretty much a team arena-lite. Social objective is just not fun and a cluster fuck. People have no idea how to play these things and it's just a chaotic mess. Social slayer pls.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My tin foil hat theory is they made multikills easier to get in order to increase eSports hype. Same with making the sniper easy as balls.