CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You don't understand because you're still not comprehending how 343 operates, buddy. Can't spell mediocrity without 343.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Certain Affinity made some maps though most of them were done in-house.

Are any of certain affinity's H2 maps highly regarded?

The reason I ask is because I was shocked to see 343 go totally inhouse with H5, and settle for "remixes" rather than having someone help them make original maps.

I believe certain affinity started handling DLC in Halo 2, and they did Reach DLC and all of Halo 4mp. If they touched H3 I'm not aware of it.

CA did the final pair of H2 maps(Tombstone, Desolation), and every Reach DLC after Noble.

CA did the final pair of H2 maps(Tombstone, Desolation), and every Reach DLC after Noble.

Wasn't CA tasked with Forge for Halo 4 too?

Pretty sure Halo 4's DLC was like this too: 

Crimson: some other company

Majestic: 343 Industries

Castle: Certain Affinity

Halo 5 possibly the worst game to try play internationally.

I honestly can believe the difference between trying to aim and having shots land on H5 playing in an American lobby vs an EU Lobby. It's a fucking joke.

I have better international play on MCC.

Yeah, it feels so terrible it's hard to even explain exactly what it feels like, and having your shots not connect while theirs pass through walls and kill you is infuriating.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CA did most of the H4 multiplayer:

To be accurate, Kevin is the lead over all of Multiplayer (MP design director, reporting to Tim). Breakout was his idea originally, based on his experiences playing competitive paintball. He worked on the prototype, years ago but since then the Arena team has been running with it and it's changed a lot over time. Quinn is an MP Designer on Arena and his counterpart on Warzone would be Lawrence.

Those are just two people among a team of MANY working together on MP.

We have a huge MP team this project on both Arena and Warzone. Unlike H4 where we outsourced a lot of the MP (partnering with CA), this has all been built internally at 343. If anything, Arena has received the most resources and focus because it has such a big surface area and it has been used for tuning gameplay since the beginning. That's why we shipped the Arena beta - to inform our tuning for foundational gameplay. That's not to downplay the effort on Warzone, which has been a huge challenge creatively and technically.

Ultimately the two experiences have benefitted from one another throughout the project.

Yeah, it feels so terrible it's hard to even explain exactly what it feels like, and having your shots not connect while theirs pass through walls and kill you is infuriating.

I play from Costa Rica and lately the connections have been really bad, I'm dropping 2 shots per pistol clip.

I play from Costa Rica and lately the connections have been really bad, I'm dropping 2 shots per pistol clip.

Visited Costa Rica last year, I loved it. San Jose was crazy though, glad I didn't have to drive! 

My favorite picture I took:

20160606_134214_Pano.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

I feel the opposite, that Halo 5 is a terrible game and that they only reason anyone plays it is because it has the "Halo" name slapped onto it. People that are so infatuated and invested with the "Halo" franchise, they somehow feel obligated to play the newest "Halo" no matter how much it sucks or how much they personally hate it. Just look at the people in this forum who constantly talk about how much they hate Halo 5, yet still play it day after day. The other day someone said playing Halo 5 makes him want to literally kill himself(I concur, which is why I stopped playing after 2 weeks). Then you have that Deveneaux guy, who has admitted he's a masochist, which seems like a requirement if you're going to play this game for any great length of time. Honestly, if 343 didn't have the "Halo" name, they would have been out of business after their first game.

Wait... what? What the fuck are you on about?

Did I just get hit with Alt-facts?

Don't try and Fox News me there Brad Pitt...

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

not a bad montage ... the only killionaire +5 i can recall seeing.  I think Kampy had a killionaire +3 in an H3 montage

Wait... what? What the fuck are you on about?

Did I just get hit with Alt-facts?

Don't try and Fox News me there Brad Pitt...

He's referring to how you only used magnum for a long time. I think at one point you described it as masochism.

Do you get all helmets from that one pack or is it 2-3 every pack you buy?

All nine helmets.

150k RP/$9.99 for the classic helmet pack.

Damn that's lame. I have 127k RP, not sure if I want to play that much to get it. 

What's the best gamemode for RP points?