CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Which playlist do you play to find enjoyment? Just curious. I've tried so hard but I only get enjoyment out of Evolved customs and sometimes some big team, but big team just pisses me off because it was so neglected.

I can't even play arena anymore. Literally every game, someone quits. It is the worst multiplayer experience I know of. MCC is more enjoyable, and that's saying something.

Lately is been:

Team Arena, Warzone Assault, Team Skirmish, Warzone, FireFight, Fiesta, Customs

That's in order of playtime spent. This isn't too say those playlists don't frustrate me sometimes, but I more often enjoy them.

I can't do BTB with BR starts. I just can't. Can't do slayer with maps like molten in the mix. I would do action Sack more of they would refresh the damn thing.

Last night I learned there are only 2 level designers for 343, which explains a lot.

The same one that made Adrift made Overgrowth. He said he did it because "I dunno man I kinda like that campy play style"

And they're also not looking to hire any new ones.

Wtf?

Where do you get this stuff?

The same one that made Adrift made Overgrowth. He said he did it because "I dunno man I kinda like that campy play style"

L O L

Last night I learned there are only 2 level designers for 343, which explains a lot.

It all makes sense now.

Bad maps has been plaguing Halo for a while.

Lately is been:

Team Arena, Warzone Assault, Team Skirmish, Warzone, FireFight, Fiesta, Customs

That's in order of playtime spent. This isn't too say those playlists don't frustrate me sometimes, but I more often enjoy them.

I can't do BTB with BR starts. I just can't. Can't do slayer with maps like molten in the mix. I would do action Sack more of they would refresh the damn thing.

Wtf?

Where do you get this stuff?

I have a friend who is a QA tester for Microsoft and he was telling me about his encounter with that guy.

When H3A gets announced at E3 im putting this in my sig
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm really struggling when I play on blue team/Mercy.. the red players blend into the background a little bit too perfectly for my poor old eyes... (I'm not expecting a magical monitor-set-up fix, just wondering if anyone else has the same problem..?)

I have a friend who is a QA tester for Microsoft and he was telling me about his encounter with that guy.

Oh. I didn't think QA folks had any interaction with 343

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't trust 3rd hand information.  Its like playing telephone, it always gets fucked up.

And i think someone wrote a break up song about that too....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't trust 3rd hand information. Its like playing telephone, it always gets fucked up.

And i think someone wrote a break up song about that too....

Okay you're right. Overgrowth is the way it is because he DOESN'T like camping. That makes sense.

Just to clarify, my friend is the one who had the conversation with the level designer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand how you could make garbage like Adift and Overgrowth and still be getting paid to design maps.

You don't understand because you're still not comprehending how 343 operates, buddy. Can't spell mediocrity without 343.

If 343 only has 2 level designers, why aren't they reaching out to forgers more for additional maps of each game type? And then absolutely ignore their efforts when they do?

I'm really struggling when I play on blue team/Mercy.. the red players blend into the background a little bit too perfectly for my poor old eyes... (I'm not expecting a magical monitor-set-up fix, just wondering if anyone else has the same problem..?)

The key is to push for hammer at the start. That way, you can run around like a headless chicken and lunge at anyone, even despite your issue for spotting players because it'll lock on either way.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 possibly the worst game to try play internationally.

I honestly can believe the difference between trying to aim and having shots land on H5 playing in an American lobby vs an EU Lobby. It's a fucking joke.

I have better international play on MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many map designers were there on previous Halo's. Didn't Bungie contract some map work too?

Certain Affinity made some maps though most of them were done in-house.

Certain Affinity made some maps though most of them were done in-house.

I believe certain affinity started handling DLC in Halo 2, and they did Reach DLC and all of Halo 4mp. If they touched H3 I'm not aware of it.