CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Scout was pure dookie. Cqb looked awesome in the beta when the mp models were the damaged mkvi armor

The Mark V is what I'm waiting for. I need that helmet.

I literally sold all my REQs to buy that pack (hopefully) and I don't even play the game. 

Have they said how much it'll cost in Halo 5 Bucks™?

I literally sold all my REQs to buy that pack (hopefully) and I don't even play the game.

Not yet.

INB4 I'm Drakeing you, and you just don't know it yet.

You've made a fool out of me for the last time.

-Play on a monitor, not on a TV.  It doesn't need to be a $400 gaming monitor.  Any half-decent $150ish monitor will beat the pants off any TV.  Not sure if you are already doing this, but you should.  The difference in real world performance between a $150 monitor and $400 Gaming MOnitor are marginal at best so dont waste the money if you haven't.

Ok, I'll try to get my hands on one of those BenQ monitors. See how that works.

Ok, I'll try to get my hands on one of those BenQ monitors. See how that works.

What are you playing on right now?

Edit: and i mean like size, brand, model

Why is Empire Strongholds a thing. I don't think anyone enjoys playing it.

EDIT:

@@S0UL FLAME @@MultiLockOn

Any word on that Warpath playlist?

343 got the maps and gametypes and now they're reconsidering because the frame rate on forge maps.

So you would... never... put an objective gametype in social matchmaking?  And if you did it would be King, the most clusterfucky social gametype imaginable (other than empire strongholds)?

I am really glad you are not in charge of playlist management.

King is so brainlessly easy to understand without any communication. Nothing is less fun than going in Social and getting 3'd in under 2 minutes of Bomb or Flag, those gametypes just require too much coordination to be fun in social. Single objectives like Koth are easy, and concentrate combat.  Yeah, it can cluster fuckey.  That's the point, it's fun for social. And time based game modes like Oddball and King guarantee playtime for even shitty teams.  Everyone here bitches that Slayer is in HCS and then they want to shove all objective modes into a social playlist.  That doesn't make sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Social Skirmish is supposed to be fun, and most times every one is bad together. Most people playing SS don't care that they won't be able to win all the time; it's social. Removing variety in a casual play space is just going to frustrate people.

I'm mainly talking from the mindset of Skirmish being mostly a time for players to warm up before playing in ranked matches. I personally don't prefer limiting the number of game types, but if I were a person who wanted to try winning in a casual environment, playing objective game modes is a no-go with casual teammates as people love to dominate in social game modes, *COUGH *COUGH ExO Delta Gaming.

Most likely $10/100k RP and you'll have to buy 2 of them to get them all. 

Thanks god 343 is finally discussing the piss-poor MM experience. PLZ act fast.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most likely $10/100k RP and you'll have to buy 2 of them to get them all. 

Thanks god 343 is finally discussing the piss-poor MM experience. PLZ act fast.

Already confirmed that you'll get all of them from one pack.

• Upvote (+1) 1

God, Coliseum is such an ugly map. If it was made in Forge, the Forger would be grilled so hard. He'd probably never hold a controller again. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I 100% agree that there is not enough empowerment of the individual in Halo 5, but thats not a consequence of the gametypes so they shouldn't have to suffer for it.

Well regardless that they 'shouldn't' suffer, the game types generally play worse because of it. When it seems like most players play obj game modes like slayer, it makes me question the general need for these game types in social playlists. For me, there's not that much a point to remove the game types, but I'm just playing devil's advocate.

God, Coliseum is such an ugly map. If it was made in Forge, the Forger would be grilled so hard. He'd probably never hold a controller again. 

I felt the same way about Haven.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so that looks like it probably has about 40ms of input lag.  I wasn't able to find that exact model but I found one a year newer plus all the samsung UN models with 120 hz refresh rates like yours are about 40ms of lag.  For comparison, even an average priced computer monitor will have input lag around or less than 12ms.  The best ones are at about 9 ms but you'll pay out the nose for that extra 3ms.  Remember that input lag, refresh rate and response rate are all independent.  If you want a bigger breakdown of the tech stuff just PM me.

Playing on a large screen is itself a disadvantage as its more "work" to track stuff on the screen.  If you sit far enough back so that isn't the case, then elements on the screen are not as sharp as they would be if you were just sitting closer to a smaller screen.  Most pros play on 24" screens and I find the 24" - 27" screen size to be the sweet spot.  For widescreen displays i have played a bit on 19, 22, 24, 27, and 37 inch screens.  I like 24 the best but 27 is pretty good too.  A lot of my daytime playing is done on my 37" tv which honestly sucks for halo, so i dont even know why i bother.

The biggest equipment upgrade you can make is to get one of the monitors in the 24 - 27" range with an "Excellent" rating from this website: https://displaylag.com/display-database/

Pick one with 12ms or less of input lag and SERIOUSLY, you do NOT need to spend $500 on a 144hz gaming monitor.  If you are only doing console gaming, 60hz is fine and there are a lot of options under $200 that will look and work great, so don't break the bank unless you want to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Given was just saying the same thing about The Rig like an hour ago ahaha I think all the maps in H5 would get shit on if they were designed by a forgers hand.

I can dig Plaza though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Haven would probably be a decent map if it was descaled and had more interaction between the levels. You'd still have those lazy ass staircases, but i mean it's not like it doesn't work. 

I liked how the map looked though. Then again, I don't dislike Halo 4's Forerunner as much as others. As a whole, I find Halo 4's maps way more interesting than Halo 5's. 

Haven would probably be a decent map if it was descaled and had more interaction between the levels. You'd still have those lazy ass staircases, but i mean it's not like it doesn't work. 

I liked how the map looked though. Then again, I don't dislike Halo 4's Forerunner as much as others. As a whole, I find Halo 4's maps way more interesting than Halo 5's. 

I wasn't really talking about how the map looked, but the design is one of the laziest Halo has ever had.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Given was just saying the same thing about The Rig like an hour ago ahaha I think all the maps in H5 would get shit on if they were designed by a forgers hand.

I can dig Plaza though.

Plaza is the only good map, I also like Regret. The only two maps that I feel are designed with the Pistol in mind. The others maps are dominated by power weapons and rifles.

Plaza is the only good map, I also like Regret. The only two maps that I feel are designed with the Pistol in mind. The others maps are dominated by power weapons and rifles.

I hate regrets lines of sight.

I wasn't really talking about how the map looked, but the design is one of the laziest Halo has ever had.

Oh, I was talking about looks and design. Coliseum grosses me out. 

I hate regrets lines of sight.

You do ??. I feel like every battle is in decent pistol range. The other maps I feel hopeless spawning with a pistol.