CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Never posted in this thread before, so I hope this is the right place for this ( if it's not just let me know and I'll remove it) 

I really hope they do bring in SoloQ, I haven't been able to play that often with a team because unfortunately real life got in the way, and time zones suck. But I am definitely fed up going into team arena in SoloQ ( bear in mind I'm a shit mid plat) and matching a full team of 4 with 2 smurfs an onyx and a diamond. Takes all the fun out of the game. 

Been following your argument with that guy and I love how he strawmans you and acts like you've been saying he can't enjoy the game when you disproved his horse shit about the game not having many bugs.

sigh

My retnuh can't handle his incredible intellect.

After engaging in the folly of that r/gamingcirclejerk post, I feel I have lost all hope for Halo.

How actually fucking dense can you be

Dense enough to make a double post. /s
  • Upvote (+1) 2

WHY only update 3 of the 10 maps in FFA? Sigh.................

It's likely just a quick fix to improve the list. I'd imagine they'll modify or remove certain maps as well.

Guys, I haven't played H5 in months now. How is everything? Think I should jump back in when the update w/ classic helmets rolls around? Is it worth the 6 hour install time?

No.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Hey all, so as I've been teasing/talking about, I've been writing a giant review/essay/critique of Halo 5's ranking system, and it's closing out at over 3,000 words. I'm looking to drop it tonight or tomorrow, but I'm still finishing up a decent chunk of it. I'm obviously talking about issues that everyone has discussed (Solo vs. Team matches, CSR Gains/Losses, "grind-y" Onyx/Champion ranks, etc.) but I thought I'd reach out to see if anyone else had any specific pet peeves or nuances they wanted to mention about the ranking system.

I likely covered all of the important stuff (the meat of the post is more ideology-focused rather than actual flaws with the system), but if anyone has anything in specific they dislike about the ranking system, throw it at me now and I might find a way to word it in.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey all, so as I've been teasing/talking about, I've been writing a giant review/essay/critique of Halo 5's ranking system, and it's closing out at over 3,000 words. I'm looking to drop it tonight or tomorrow, but I'm still finishing up a decent chunk of it. I'm obviously talking about issues that everyone has discussed (Solo vs. Team matches, CSR Gains/Losses, "grind-y" Onyx/Champion ranks, etc.) but I thought I'd reach out to see if anyone else had any specific pet peeves or nuances they wanted to mention about the ranking system.

I likely covered all of the important stuff (the meat of the post is more ideology-focused rather than actual flaws with the system), but if anyone has anything in specific they dislike about the ranking system, throw it at me now and I might find a way to word it in.

The Champion ladder shouldn't open the first day of the season, there should be a settling time like a week before it opens.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

The Champion ladder shouldn't open the first day of the season, there should be a settling time like a week before it opens.

Agreed. Will add this!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aight, Hitman and Doom it is.

Good choice. I'm playing Battlefield 1 and Overwatch now. You know, developers who actually have a clear vision for their games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good choice. I'm playing Battlefield 1 and Overwatch now. You know, developers who actually have a clear vision for their games.

I haven't cared about a ranking system like I do with OW's since Halo 3. Going in solo I know I'm going to get other solo players and if there is a group, there is a group on both teams with other solo players filling. There are seasons with rewards for playing/reaching a certain rank, and it all makes me want to play more. 

If Halo 5 had the best gameplay of any Halo I still wouldn't care about the ranks, nothing about it is right. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anything you don't like about Doom's multiplayer?

Not a lot actually. I understand how it's not really faithful at all to any arena shooter, but I appreciate it for what it is, and what it is is a little extra stuff for me to try out when I'm bored. I bought Doom solely for its stellar campaign (which I have beaten nearly 20 times now on Ultra Violence and Nightmare, I constantly do Ultra Nightmare but never get very far.) so MP is a lukewarm bonus in my eyes. Doesn't need to be here, but I'm happy they still included it. All in all though, I don't play much of anything competitively online anymore. H5 has given me a real adversity to that. I'm actually doing a lot more stuff with Ableton since I've stopped playing online games, so yay I guess.
  • Upvote (+1) 2