CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Why do we have to ask some aspiring Arena Map Designer that's stuffed himself in a Call of Duty company the fucking questions

Why

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why do we have to ask some aspiring Arena Map Designer that's stuffed himself in a Call of Duty company the fucking questions

Why

Only I have the answers to life itself.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why

We are that desperate. I mean, even MLG Adam posts here more than Quinn, and that excuse of a head multiplayer designer has a bigger obligation to interact with the competitive halo community.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Why

Admit it Soul, you're jealous
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Providing 8 setups to run one match is significantly more expensive than just one setup. TO's have such an easier time running games that don't require the absolutely silly amount of hardware that a Halo tournament does, but I digress. That's not really the point of your post to begin with, more of just a general opinion I have on the state of comp FPS gaming and the hardware required to do so.

All FPS are run on solo setups these days, sure it increases the expense, but even of TOs are willing to foot THAT bill, they still have to deal with the fact that an internet connection is required.

We've had several higher profile unsanctioned halo 5 events that were run online. EGLx had several snafus, gamers 4 giving halo tourney was cancelled due to networking issues, chattanooga and UGC were largly successes. You also have pro battle league trying to do their thing. Some Microsoft Stores have 4v4 tourneys regularly.

There is a decent sized community of people TRYIN to do halo 5 live events despite the cost of running a FPS tourney and the internet requirement. Its no stretch to assume there'd be more participation and success if there was LAN support or local server capability.

Splitscreen and LAN's real value is that it makes Halo a better catalyst for great times with friends. Anyone who played splitscreen Halo during the original trilogy years will tell you how great a time it was. It's a powerful thing to have associated with your game.

Don't underestimate the number of people who've left Halo because of the loss of local play.

I'll never forget shortly after H5 came out, my sister asked to play split screen firefight with me. I told her they don't have firefight in H5 and they defiantly don't have any split screen. She looked at me confused and just replied "Halo sucks now."

I couldn't agree more Nok.     

• Upvote (+1) 9

Splitscreen and LAN's real value is that it makes Halo a better catalyst for great times with friends. Anyone who played splitscreen Halo during the original trilogy years will tell you how great a time it was. It's a powerful thing to have associated with your game.

Don't underestimate the number of people who've left Halo because of the loss of local play.

There's no doubt about it, Split screen and LAN were fundamental parts of Halo's success as a social title.

The competive side would have faired better with atleast LAN support, but having both would have helped across the board.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Been off the forums for awhile. What I miss?

Cratos and Showtime being scumbags. Check out the HCS thread for the drama.

Cratos and Showtime being scumbags. Check out the HCS thread for the drama.

I don't really give a shit about HCS clowns tbh. I meant in this thread specifically. lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't really give a shit about HCS clowns tbh. I meant in this thread specifically. lol

The only big discussion I remember off the top of my head recently is a debate about the merit of Strongholds. I thought it was fun to read.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope that "damage dealt" is fubar in Firefight. Today I got 149 kills, 24 assist, 2 boss, 4 legendary and 1 mythic and I had half in damage dealt, 5533 compared to one with 84 kills, 26 assist, 1 boss and 4 legendary who had 11226.

I havent really noticed damage dealt before but doesnt make any sense in any of the games I played. Wtf?

I hope that "damage dealt" is fubar in Firefight. Today I got 149 kills, 24 assist, 2 boss, 4 legendary and 1 mythic and I had half in damage dealt, 5533 compared to one with 84 kills, 26 assist, 1 boss and 4 legendary who had 11226.

I havent really noticed damage dealt before but doesnt make any sense in any of the games I played. Wtf?

Its been buggy for a while, I wouldn't worry about it.

Its been buggy for a while, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not going to say this as a certainty, but total damage dealt is recorded on death. Same with accuracy and many of the other extra stats we have. Assists seem to record these stats when they happen, but it may be because someone else is dying and the numbers are distributed accordingly.

If you want a semi-accurate stat you have to die right before the game ends. Even then grenade damage is totally wrong and im sure other shit is off too. It doesnt really mean much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you want a semi-accurate stat you have to die right before the game ends. Even then grenade damage is totally wrong and im sure other shit is off too. It doesnt really mean much.

Yup. I usually suicide at the end of games just to see my stats. This is what Halo has become.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yup. I usually suicide at the end of games just to see my stats. This is what Halo has become.

This is what I don't get, why did they implemented the accuracy and the damage stats if they don't work

This is what I don't get, why did they implemented the accuracy and the damage stats if they don't work

Man you don't even know how many times I've asked that question. The stat called ACCURACY isn't even accurate and I find that hilarious. But damage is the most important stat in the game and it's not even correct. It's a waste of a stat if it isn't gonna work at all.

I'm not going to say this as a certainty, but total damage dealt is recorded on death. Same with accuracy and many of the other extra stats we have. Assists seem to record these stats when they happen, but it may be because someone else is dying and the numbers are distributed accordingly.

It's so crazy that damage dealt isn't recorded as damage is dealt. It seems so trivial.