CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because 343 doesn't get it, and will continue to not 'get it' until this franchise fades into obscurity. The fact that we've had virtually no weapon balancing proves that. It's like the higher-ups at 343 are all special snowflakes and if you question their design choices they either ignore you or double down on it. I play way more MCC these days, and at this point I think it's a better product.

You can call me a whacko or whatever, but I can't splitscreen with my friends and I can't deal with the frustrating sandbox in this game. Every time I take a couple days off and come back and play a few games I am quickly reminded why I don't like to play. If I'm warmed up I can definitely hang around champions in any playlist, but the fact that you have to press a thousand buttons per minute just to be at the same level is stupid. It's like 343 has no concept of subtlety in their design process. Every action in H5 requires you to perform it in the most tryhard fashion possible otherwise you'll be out-tryharded. You just can't have a 1v1 and out-strafe an opponent; instead you both have to do Olympic-style acrobatics just to either back down and waste your time or get basically the same outcome. These new abilities don't make engagements more interesting or have more depth; they just make them needlessly complex and frustrating.

(Didn't mean to rant at you, more just as a jumping off point.) 

YOU don't get it bad kid.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because 343 doesn't get it, and will continue to not 'get it' until this franchise fades into obscurity. The fact that we've had virtually no weapon balancing proves that. It's like the higher-ups at 343 are all special snowflakes and if you question their design choices they either ignore you or double down on it. I play way more MCC these days, and at this point I think it's a better product.

You can call me a whacko or whatever, but I can't splitscreen with my friends and I can't deal with the frustrating sandbox in this game. Every time I take a couple days off and come back and play a few games I am quickly reminded why I don't like to play. If I'm warmed up I can definitely hang around champions in any playlist, but the fact that you have to press a thousand buttons per minute just to be at the same level is stupid. It's like 343 has no concept of subtlety in their design process. Every action in H5 requires you to perform it in the most tryhard fashion possible otherwise you'll be out-tryharded. You just can't have a 1v1 and out-strafe an opponent; instead you both have to do Olympic-style acrobatics just to either back down and waste your time or get basically the same outcome. These new abilities don't make engagements more interesting or have more depth; they just make them needlessly complex and frustrating.

(Didn't mean to rant at you, more just as a jumping off point.) 

Nailed it here. If there's one thing I'll despise, is how I need 4 buttons to move at the fastest possible speed in game, rather than just putting one fast movement speed into the left joystick. It's too complex. It's a bunch of fluff when you're doing the exact same things as you would in past Halo games (Backing down and the like), but with larger consequences, given they increase the ease of said actions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Booooyyyyy I was just on my Xbox! Step back kid you're not good.

I bet you have a high refresh rate monitor you tryhard. 

I'm seriously though, I miss the good ole days of playing Halo with a crew every night. Too bad Halo is in the state it's in now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bet you have a high refresh rate monitor you tryhard. 

I'm seriously though, I miss the good ole days of playing Halo with a crew every night. Too bad Halo is in the state it's in now. 

I mean, I'm higher on Halo 5 than most I think. It really was that first big DLC package that drove me away. I was having fun just playing warzone and relaxing most of the time, and they were some decent game modes. Then that one map was put in that was...the worst map I think I've ever played, and all week it was practically the only map coming up. I got bored with it, took a break from Halo 5, and found some more things to like about PC gaming. I didn't get back into it sooner because the aiming was so fucking terrible, the only way I wouldn't notice it was by playing a couple hours a day and not really having to warm up. After taking weeks off, the thought of re-adjusting to the aiming just turned me off...

And that was the last time I played Halo, about a year ago. It's crazy how the little things can ruin a game for you. I'm sure if I got back into it, I'd have a lot of fun but there's so much else out there to play right now that is keeping my attention.

I miss how easy it was to put full custom lobbies together each and every night, let alone matchmaking parties. So much fun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Got temp-banned from Waypoint for posting

I'm not going to go into a full-fledged argument over this. It should not require party for players to notice "Hey, that guy is shooting at that wasp that keeps kicking our -Yoinks!-, might as well help 'em out" unless they are the most (the Re-word for slow and dumb, since its censored here?) beings on this planet.

in the "Wasp needs to be changed to level 4" thread. The 'ol guy I was debating with kept dragging me back into an argument even though I specifically wanted to get out of it for the very reason I would inadvertently offend some sensitive person

I need to remember to stop going to Waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unfortunately, shooting difficulty is pretty much a non-factor for most weapons in H5, which makes things like slowing down the projectiles problematic. Make a weapon more difficult to use and there's little reason to use it over the tons of easy, powerful shit in the sandbox. It's possible that the stun affect of the CE PR (which is excellent) could balance this out somewhat, but it's hard to say.

Dude. I saw this was negged and thought, "who tf would neg this?" So i went to karma-+rep and balance it out... only to realize it was me. Fn mobile

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude. I saw this was negged and thought, "who tf would neg this?" So i went to karma-+rep and balance it out... only to realize it was me. Fn mobile

Turns out, you were the villain all the along. You were the maniac in the mailbox. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Turns out, you were the villain all the along. You were the maniac in the mailbox.

WEE WOO WEE WOO!!!
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You all need to find a Prop Hunt lobby on the custom game browser ASAP.

I can't stop laughing.

So you like to shittalk reddit AND you're a Halo 3 shill?

Sheesh... :apg:

When I say upped their game, I meant they are talking about something actually important

I mean, I think the Halo 3 AR reticule looks the best, that's all.

Get Shyamalan'd, scrub.

Shyamalanadingdonged.  I thought it and then I said it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You all need to find a Prop Hunt lobby on the custom game browser ASAP.

I can't stop laughing.

What's so amazing about it? Just wondering.

I forgive you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's so amazing about it? Just wondering.

There are around 15-20 items scattered around an area and you can turn into them, move around and then hide from the infected. 

It's so much fun with friends.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There are around 15-20 items scattered around an area and you can turn into them, move around and then hide from the infected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Qp40eOq_o

Thanks for the game play. I didn't take a huge interest in it because of how much of a downgrade it'd be from gmod prop hunt. But the fact that radar is still not disabled ruins the potentially hilarious moments when sneaking as a prop, which is really annoying.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for the game play. I didn't take a huge interest in it because of how much of a downgrade it'd be from gmod prop hunt. But the fact that radar is still not disabled ruins the potentially hilarious moments when sneaking as a prop, which is really annoying.

Fair play - obviously the Gmod version is a lot better but man I couldn't stop laughing last night.

Thanks for the invite... >.>  :kappa:

You don't show up on radar when moving around as a prop.

• Upvote (+1) 2