CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well, the BPR in particular is clearly different for a few reasons. Things that come to mind: you have an actual strafe in Quake, plasma gun projectiles are slower (especially relative to Quake movement speed), kill times are slower, you don't move like a turtle in every direction but forward with your weapon lowered (which makes closing the distance with autos easier than running away), and Quake doesn't feature completely excessive bullet magnetism.

When doing weapon sets for forge maps I genuinely cant decide which one is more obnoxious. The ******** thruster pack reliant cross map tracking on the PP or the obnoxious CQC encounters with BPR when placing OS counters

Depends on the map usually, sometimes I just don't bother with either.

If the CePR had the accuracy of the BPR it would be pretty much the perfect plasma rifle.

I see no benefit in having random spread / bloom on these weapons.  It just limits their potential for skillful application, and there are other superior methods of limiting their range or their spam.  Slower projectiles, faster overheating, less magnetism, so on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If the CePR had the accuracy of the BPR it would be pretty much the perfect plasma rifle.

I see no benefit in having random spread / bloom on these weapons. It just limits their potential for skillful application, and there are other superior methods of limiting their range or their spam. Slower projectiles, faster overheating, less magnetism, so on.

Ideally, there should be ONE automatic thatt essentially fills the same niche as the CE AR (large reticule, forgiving CQC weapon). I think that should be the smg. AR should be no bloom, no/min recoil precision/no scope/low RRR CQC weapon IMO. 11 shots to break shields, 1 headshot (naturally) with a killtime a little slower than the main utility weapon, what ever that would be. 343 want the AR to be a utility weapon? Fine. Make it one, and make it skillfull.

Making it a true CQC Precision weapon can make it skillfull AND it seperates itself well from the plasma weapons by REALLY playing into bullets being weak to shields thing

Give it the Halo 3 reticule too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see no benefit in having random spread / bloom on these weapons.  It just limits their potential for skillful application, and there are other superior methods of limiting their range or their spam.  Slower projectiles, faster overheating, less magnetism, so on.

Unfortunately, shooting difficulty is pretty much a non-factor for most weapons in H5, which makes things like slowing down the projectiles problematic. Make a weapon more difficult to use and there's little reason to use it over the tons of easy, powerful shit in the sandbox. It's possible that the stun affect of the CE PR (which is excellent) could balance this out somewhat, but it's hard to say.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Doubles has still not been updated since the Summer Season.... I'm livid.

At the very least, they could have brought in the new 4v4 settings. Don't know why this is a stone they continue to gloss over.

@@Deez

• Upvote (+1) 6

At the very least, they could have brought in the new 4v4 settings. Don't know why this is a stone they continue to gloss over.

@@Deez

Especially considering some of the quality forge maps that doubles used during that time, its a shame they just went right back to all the standard 4v4 maps.

Also, I know radar is basically the unrecognizable remnants of a once beaten horse around here, but if I could pick one playlist that needs to drop radar like a crack habit, it would be doubles. In 4v4 radar leads to forced encounters and breaks the potential for creative play. In doubles it makes for boring, campy nonsense.

Imagine if CE 2v2 would have had radar. Go ahead, really picture it.

Here's a blanket, I can see you're shivering.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is literally the exact reason why people will complain about the sentinel beam on waypoint. A weapon that is only strong when used properly absolutely pales in comparison to something like the storm rifle.

Interesting that 343 left the Sentinel Beam largely unchanged but completely butchered the GL with the insane blast radius.

Unfortunately, shooting difficulty is pretty much a non-factor for most weapons in H5, which makes things like slowing down the projectiles problematic. Make a weapon more difficult to use and there's little reason to use it over the tons of easy, powerful shit in the sandbox. It's possible that the stun affect of the CE PR (which is excellent) could balance this out somewhat, but it's hard to say.

This is literally the exact reason why people will complain about the sentinel beam on waypoint. A weapon that is only strong when used properly absolutely pales in comparison to something like the storm rifle.

Interesting that 343 left the Sentinel Beam largely unchanged but completely butchered the GL with the insane blast radius.

It makes sense for the GL to compensate given all the unnecessary spartan abilities in halo 5, but that is a little annoying.

So I very very rarely play Halo anymore but this weekend I had a bit of time to kill so I thought I'd jump on but I've ran into a few issues and was hoping if someone could confirm if this is "normal" or an issue on my side:

Every, and I mean every, single game I played I disconnected from the server and got kicked back to the main menu. Usually after this I would need to quit the game and restart it as it would freeze at the menu screen or fail to connect to any lobby afterwards. This was 7 or 8 games in a row, after which I gave up. The first few minutes would be fine and then suddenly I'd have the H3 style lag of people walking into walls and then boom, disconnect. I know I've read on here before about disconnect issues but I'm starting to think this must be an issue on my side as otherwise that's just mental.

My internet hasn't dropped as I'm streaming football on my other screen but I don't know if this is an issue with my Xbox, bad luck or if the game is crazy broken?

Especially considering some of the quality forge maps that doubles used during that time, its a shame they just went right back to all the standard 4v4 maps.

What's especially insulting is the process of collecting those maps through a 2v2 forge competition and having 343 showcase the best of those forgers' work, only to absolutely shun the maps once they felt like they had enough exposure and be replaced by default 4v4 maps. Like holy crap, we did ALL the work for you, so why are you still settling for an inferior product?
  • Upvote (+1) 5

@@Deez

Because 343 doesn't get it, and will continue to not 'get it' until this franchise fades into obscurity. The fact that we've had virtually no weapon balancing proves that. It's like the higher-ups at 343 are all special snowflakes and if you question their design choices they either ignore you or double down on it. I play way more MCC these days, and at this point I think it's a better product.

You can call me a whacko or whatever, but I can't splitscreen with my friends and I can't deal with the frustrating sandbox in this game. Every time I take a couple days off and come back and play a few games I am quickly reminded why I don't like to play. If I'm warmed up I can definitely hang around champions in any playlist, but the fact that you have to press a thousand buttons per minute just to be at the same level is stupid. It's like 343 has no concept of subtlety in their design process. Every action in H5 requires you to perform it in the most tryhard fashion possible otherwise you'll be out-tryharded. You just can't have a 1v1 and out-strafe an opponent; instead you both have to do Olympic-style acrobatics just to either back down and waste your time or get basically the same outcome. These new abilities don't make engagements more interesting or have more depth; they just make them needlessly complex and frustrating.

(Didn't mean to rant at you, more just as a jumping off point.) 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Because 343 doesn't get it, and will continue to not 'get it' until this franchise fades into obscurity. The fact that we've had virtually no weapon balancing proves that. It's like the higher-ups at 343 are all special snowflakes and if you question their design choices they either ignore you or double down on it. I play way more MCC these days, and at this point I think it's a better product.

You can call me a whacko or whatever, but I can't splitscreen with my friends and I can't deal with the frustrating sandbox in this game. Every time I take a couple days off and come back and play a few games I am quickly reminded why I don't like to play. If I'm warmed up I can definitely hang around champions in any playlist, but the fact that you have to press a thousand buttons per minute just to be at the same level is stupid. It's like 343 has no concept of subtlety in their design process. Every action in H5 requires you to perform it in the most tryhard fashion possible otherwise you'll be out-tryharded. You just can't have a 1v1 and out-strafe an opponent; instead you both have to do Olympic-style acrobatics just to either back down and waste your time or get basically the same outcome. These new abilities don't make engagements more interesting or have more depth; they just make them needlessly complex and frustrating.

(Didn't mean to rant at you, more just as a jumping off point.) 

you just sound like a bad kid

/s

• Upvote (+1) 1

"How was the pistol not hitscan? Also, the original pistol was absolutely easy to use."

Oh the responses I get about the CE pistol on the reddit thread about favorite gaming weapons of all time. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

"How was the pistol not hitscan? Also, the original pistol was absolutely easy to use."

Oh the responses I get about the CE pistol on the reddit thread about favorite gaming weapons of all time.

Link those jabronis to my video

Saucey, on 22 Oct 2015 - 12:33 PM, said: 

No one will remember this post, but this is how it will go down.

> Game Launches 

> Ego Lords will start messing with settings 

> Has an imaginary breakthrough

> Guys! These settings "Insert 1337 name" are the most competitive because "___" 

> Nobody believes him, but nobody has tested it 

> A superiority complex starts to develop among the group that made the new settings 

> Frustration sets in when they realize they are the only ones who believe themselves 

> Every post is now about being a sheep and bowing to the inferior developer arena settings 

> edgy hashtags are made to increase hype for the 1337 settings revolution 

> fades to black

The cycle must be completed. Saucey has commanded it.

Here I'll start...

#cooperdidnothingwrong

#h5shillssucksatevolved

Props to the bae @@Killmachine

• Upvote (+1) 2

next time somebody calls me bae or killamachine im actually gonna neg you

this is your final warning boys

Boi, you know this is just the beginning.
  • Downvote (-1) 1