CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

tl;dw

MS believes the term "naked" is inherently sexual and thus ban-worthy. This was after 343 put an achievement in MCC called "Naked Tyrant" in reference to Eli (and Mythic Tyrant).

I still don't understand how this 'killed' Nak3d Eli? 

Why couldn't he just have his GT as something Eli and carry on doing what he did?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why couldn't he just have his GT as something Eli and carry on doing what he did?

Because he feels obligated to send his future unborn children to private school and halo can't get him there... that's what i got out of that video.

Oh yeah, and microsoft is ran by a bunch of prudes.

His entire brand was built around it. I'm sure he would have carried on though if it weren't for his other life circumstances as well as Halo 5 speedrunning sucking ass.

apparantly microsoft didn't let him do that either

His entire brand was built around it. I'm sure he would have carried on though if it weren't for his other life circumstances as well as Halo 5 speedrunning sucking ass.

His entire brand wasn't going to vanish because he didn't have Naked in his name anymore. It was such a weird video.

apparantly microsoft didn't let him do that either

I find it hard to believe they didn't let him have "ANYTHING" Eli. Didn't he just keep trying to substitute naked?

His entire brand wasn't going to vanish because he didn't have Naked in his name anymore. It was such a weird video.

I find it hard to believe they didn't let him have "ANYTHING" Eli. Didn't he just keep trying to substitute naked?

He said he felt burned by the company and didn't want to support them by featuring their product as much, and I can't really blame him. That plus a real life shift in priorities.

he said he tried other things, and the ban message kept on coming up.

So he gave up

he said he tried other things, and the ban message kept on coming up.

So he gave up

Other things being substitutes for Naked?

Other things being substitutes for Naked?

Unclothed

Lewd

Nude

Not partaking in rainments

Disregard for wearing garments

Yea just doesnt have the same ring to it

Sounds like he wanted to quit a long time ago and this just pushed him over the edge. Can't blame him, it must be hard af being a Halo content creator.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It seemed like a combination of factors that meant that he didn't enjoy/have time for creating content for and promoting the Halo brand anymore.

• ​He changed his GT multiple times and got reset to a random default GT every time (I think he ended up FluffyPup before giving up). Contacted multiple people at Microsoft and it was never resolved.
  • MCC was a joke.
  • Halo 5 was fucked for speed running at launch. Unskippable "loading" cutscenes. Resetting took forever. Reloading saves over and over would eventually break the AI for some reason.
  • H5 multiplayer is H5 multiplayer. I don't think he enjoyed "Arena" at all.
  • Being a Halo content creator is not particularly lucrative and it doesn't look to be improving all that much.
  • He built a PC.
  • Real life stuff.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Sounds like he wanted to quit a long time ago and this just pushed him over the edge. Can't blame him, it must be hard af being a Halo content creator.

*must be hard as fuck loving being a Halo content creator when the studio making Halo has not only continued to murder the IP, but also remove/severely downgrade features that made Halo a great game for making said content.

• Upvote (+1) 5

His full response is here:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sph8su

I loved this part:

Anyways jump to right now when I just threaten to sell copies of the build if Microsoft didn't refund me for the games I bought on my account.

Lol, what a dumbass. He's lucky a ban is all MS gave him. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So usually when I come on here I bash people for being negative and hating on Halo. I am usually extremely optimistic about 343 and Halo in general. But last night I finally had a night off and was planning on playing halo for hours upon hours. That didnt even get close to happening. I am not a great player so I play either FFA or Slayer because I can usually play alone and have mild sucess, but in arena I usually get spanked because I literally only play alone. At the rare time I have a friend online, I only play arena. 

Long story short last night I got on and played about 20 FFA games and holy shit I havent raged that hard since Halo 4. Its insane how they can make a game that should be amazing but dilute the experience so much. I cannot exagerate out of those 20 games I played majority 3 maps: Mercy, Riptide, and Pegasus 2. I had 3/20 games played on HCS maps and the other 17 or so, all DLC maps that are just awful. On top of that the servers were absurdely bad all night, another thing I have been really positive about. 

I guess my point is when 343 knows how bad those maps are, and knows that most of the community does not enjoy them, why do they balance them so they come up so often? It's almost like they hired someone to make these maps and now feel like they must use them so they can properly utilize their employees or something. It's so backwards. 

They basically throw you up against a wall.

Want to play fun maps that they spent years making? Better have a solid team of 3 or 4.

Want to play gametypes that you dont need teamates for? Better be ready to 75 percent of the time play our awful maps that was spent 2 weeks making, and are usually remakes of other maps, and not good remakes.

My rant is done but I have never had less fun playing halo than I did last night. Was planning on playing for 5-10 hours and played for about 2. I will edit this post and post the exact maps later tongight.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

he tried nak3d

he tried shirtless

he tried many things but it wouldn't work apparently 

I think what Moa is getting at here is that he didn't need to stick with a "Naked" theme, and could have just chosen something completely different and safe.  But I think at that point he lost motivation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So usually when I come on here I bash people for being negative and hating on Halo. I am usually extremely optimistic about 343 and Halo in general. But last night I finally had a night off and was planning on playing halo for hours upon hours. That didnt even get close to happening. I am not a great player so I play either FFA or Slayer because I can usually play alone and have mild sucess, but in arena I usually get spanked because I literally only play alone. At the rare time I have a friend online, I only play arena. 

Long story short last night I got on and played about 20 FFA games and holy shit I havent raged that hard since Halo 4. Its insane how they can make a game that should be amazing but dilute the experience so much. I cannot exagerate out of those 20 games I played majority 3 maps: Mercy, Riptide, and Pegasus 2. I had 3/20 games played on HCS maps and the other 17 or so, all DLC maps that are just awful. On top of that the servers were absurdely bad all night, another thing I have been really positive about. 

I guess my point is when 343 knows how bad those maps are, and knows that most of the community does not enjoy them, why do they balance them so they come up so often? It's almost like they hired someone to make these maps and now feel like they must use them so they can properly utilize their employees or something. It's so backwards. 

They basically throw you up against a wall.

Want to play fun maps that we spent years making? Better have a solid team of 3 or 4.

Want to play gametypes that you dont need teamates for? Better be ready to 75 percent of the time play our awful maps that was spent 2 weeks making, and are usually remakes of other maps, and not good remakes.

My rant is done but I have never had less fun playing halo than I did last night. Was planning on playing for 5-10 hours and played for about 2. I will edit this post and post the exact maps later tongight.  

i fianlly uninstalled h5 today after realizing that i havent played it since november. titanfall and overwatch have been such better experiences. just thinking about going back and fighting the servers and other issues was so unappealing. it makes me sad that its to this point. i used to be able to play all day and not care if i won or lost since it was so much fun. those other 2 have replicated that experience so im sticking with those.

but even now i miss halo and how much fun i used to have. hopefully we get back to that at some point...

For the record whenever I think of a cool gt I rush to the Xbox and create an account to reserve it, and that shit is NEVER available. Not because someone has it, but because the ridiculous profanity filters on Xbox won't let you do shit. You can't even have the word alcohol or beer or any related substance at this point according to some guy I talked to, and simple names like "Quake" that no one has tagged yet can't be chosen. Check for yourself and try

http://checkgamertag.com

It's really obnoxious honestly

• Upvote (+1) 1

i fianlly uninstalled h5 today after realizing that i havent played it since november. titanfall and overwatch have been such better experiences. just thinking about going back and fighting the servers and other issues was so unappealing. it makes me sad that its to this point. i used to be able to play all day and not care if i won or lost since it was so much fun. those other 2 have replicated that experience so im sticking with those.

but even now i miss halo and how much fun i used to have. hopefully we get back to that at some point...

Such a bummer that they insist on adding bullshit to a game with such a huge upside. 

Waypoint kids are blurting out rumors that there's a Content Update tomorrow lol... anyone heard anything about it?

LOL, he means the community update.

It seemed like a combination of factors that meant that he didn't enjoy/have time for creating content for and promoting the Halo brand anymore.

• ​He changed his GT multiple times and got reset to a random default GT every time (I think he ended up FluffyPup before giving up). Contacted multiple people at Microsoft and it was never resolved.
  • MCC was a joke.
  • Halo 5 was fucked for speed running at launch. Unskippable "loading" cutscenes. Resetting took forever. Reloading saves over and over would eventually break the AI for some reason.
  • H5 multiplayer is H5 multiplayer. I don't think he enjoyed "Arena" at all.
  • Being a Halo content creator is not particularly lucrative and it doesn't look to be improving all that much.
  • He built a PC.
  • Real life stuff.

There's the real reason.  :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 4