CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

My bad, I thought that you meant pushing Snipers into social without doing anything about Shotty Snipers. Then we would've had two different Snipers playlists.

np.  There are way too many playlists atm in general.  They need to cull at least 1/3rd of them out, if not more.

Is the FFA playlist broken or 'ded'? The last few times I've searched I haven't found a game.

Snipers in this are game just silly tbh. There just isn't really that high of a ceiling with that gun if everyone is spawning with it and unlimited ammo. You guys wanna talk about spawn traps, there's like 3 or 4 maps where you spawn with your brains on the wall behind you 3 or 4 times right in a row.

ded af

^

FFA with OP autos and multiple power weapons and power ups per map is just not fun to play. Give me H2 Midship BR only FFA and i'll play that shit for houuurrrrsss.

I still can't believe no descope was a thing.

Its very clear you don't know jack shit about Halo when the first thing you do with the game is remove descope and add in flinch. gtfo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its very clear you don't know jack shit about Halo when the first thing you do with the game is remove descope and add in flinch. gtfo

I might be remembering something else, but wasn't descope in H4 originally, as late as one of the major showcases like Pax, but there was a bug with it so they replaced it with descope? I'm not defending them; in fact, their inability to prioritize a bug with something as fundamental as an aiming mechanic (we need a :squirrely: emote) still says a lot about them as a company.

• Upvote (+1) 2

FFA with OP autos and multiple power weapons and power ups per map is just not fun to play. Give me H2 Midship BR only FFA and i'll play that shit for houuurrrrsss.

100% this FFA used to be one of my go to playlists but 343 absolutely ruined it in this game FFA should be about who has the best shot/individual skill not who has the most broken automatic gun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I might be remembering something else, but wasn't descope in H4 originally, as late as one of the major showcases like Pax, but there was a bug with it so they replaced it with descope? I'm not defending them; in fact, their inability to prioritize a bug with something as fundamental as an aiming mechanic (we need a :squirrely: emote) still says a lot about them as a company.

Wait, are you saying that descope was in the game, but it was buggy, so they cut it out completely instead of fixing the bug?

Can't watch right now , but lore should never take precident over game design.

What's funny about halo 5 is that their 'Smart-Link' overlays are cited as being part of the Lore, but they actually COUNTER the lore. If the guns view finder is linked to the Spartans Visor, he has no need to aim down the sights.

So its bad design and anti-lore. I hope that's mentioned in the vid

• Upvote (+1) 5

Who do I tweet at for matchmaking feedback/ideas at 343i?

@@ske7ch (brian jarrard)is the community manager over at 343. Hes not in charge of this stuff but can get it to the right folks and seems to be doing a pretty good job of it since taking over for bravo. Twitter is the same as his username here.

@@Deez (quinn delhoyo) is in charge of MP design stuff if you're thinking along those lines. Twitter is @quinndelhoyo

If youre thinking about like map design, weapon balance etc stick it the the arena gameplay settings thread here http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12700-halo-5-guardians-arena-gameplay-settings-thread/"%20title="Previous%20page"%20rel=

343s been lurking there recently so its as good a spot as any.

Not sure who actually curates the playlists themselves but it seems like unyshek has a hand in it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Support this video

I believe "gameplay before lore" makes sense in a game purely designed around competitive PvP or hardcore PvE gameplay.

I definitely wouldn't, however, consider it a universal principle for game design.

Good video though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Support this video

so is it just 8 minutes of him saying no? I mean, there's nothing else to say.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody else feel like helping me grind some of these company commendations tonight? I'll mostly be going for marine kills and ground vehicle kills. I'm on now if you wanna join.

Anybody else feel like helping me grind some of these company commendations tonight? I'll mostly be going for marine kills and ground vehicle kills. I'm on now if you wanna join.

Yesssssssss.

Who do I tweet at for matchmaking feedback/ideas at 343i?

Really depends on exactly what kind of feedback you're trying to provide, but for game type and general settings @quinndelhoyo is usually a good bet. 

Man do we need a reboot with this company. Only like 5 people here even go for this shit. Why bother being in the company if you aren't going for Achilles? Makes no sense to me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Man do we need a reboot with this company. Only like 5 people here even go for this shit. Why bother being in the company if you aren't going for Achilles? Makes no sense to me.

Hey the first time i did after installing H5 when they "fixed" the aiming was checking the company to see what should i grind for but the aim was still garbage so i uninstalled the game again, not our fault :tear:

I gotta play ODST again. Firefly is really making me a fan of Nate Fillion. Also I just realized Alan Tudyk is Mickey.

(Also while writing this, I realized Adam Baldwin is Dutch, I GOTTA PLAY ODST)