CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

oh please, the last Spartan to have REAL booty was kat.

7fe1ca578b.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

7fe1ca578b.png
listen, that man is asking the important questions. You think aiming means jack shit? Or MCC? Pfft get outta here kiddo.

To be honest, all of the Spartan III's in Reach had some junk in the trunk, even the males. :kappa:

7fe1ca578b.png

No, because they could kill you with a random muscle twitch.

Let's be honest, kat would kill you just by getting into a vehicle with you as the passenger and driving it into fucking oblivion.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Let's be honest, that's exactly what everyone does around here.

Comparing H5 favourably with a previous Halo that isn't 4? You're gunna get downvoted no matter how you present your opinion.

I don't visit as often as I should, but does this even apply to Reach? I know people loved that single ZBNS event, but frankly I think that was in large part due to how low expectations had sunk after 2011's season. It was still just a poor mans H2 without anywhere near the depth, and people honestly think it's better than H5?

Hell, the fact that H3 has somehow transformed in to this competitive classic in some people's eyes is still baffling to me. I can see why CE and 2 still hold their place after all this time, but in competitive terms I'd take H5 over H3 any day. I think the size of the scene and the great memories from MLG's glory days make people forget just how fundamental the mechanical problems were with that game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In other news, I'm (ranked plat 4 because of this terrible ranking system) am getting matched with teams of diamonds and onyxes who are on fireteams, while the preferences are on focused.

Hard to rank up any if I'm not getting placed with my "skill level"

Literally this:

06spP26.png

:holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Literally this:

06spP26.png

:holmes:

You went even though so it looks like its working fine to me.... :kappa:

I think the real question is... why is snipers ranked?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You went even though so it looks like its working fine to me.... :kappa:

I think the real question is... why is snipers ranked?

Why shouldn't it be ranked?

I don't visit as often as I should, but does this even apply to Reach? I know people loved that single ZBNS event, but frankly I think that was in large part due to how low expectations had sunk after 2011's season. It was still just a poor mans H2 without anywhere near the depth, and people honestly think it's better than H5?

Hell, the fact that H3 has somehow transformed in to this competitive classic in some people's eyes is still baffling to me. I can see why CE and 2 still hold their place after all this time, but in competitive terms I'd take H5 over H3 any day. I think the size of the scene and the great memories from MLG's glory days make people forget just how fundamental the mechanical problems were with that game.

You've woke the ZBNS Krayt Dragon fam.

"Hell, the fact that H2 has somehow transformed in to this competitive classic in some people's eyes is still baffling to me. I can see why CE  still holds its place after all this time, but in competitive terms I'd take ZBNS over H2 any day. I think the size of the scene and the great memories from MLG's glory days make people forget just how fundamental the mechanical problems were with that game."

I hope you see the irony in you noting how Halo 3 had a great scene because of its size and not so much its settings, then note how that short-lived ZBNS revival couldn't live up to Halo 2's "depth". Where exactly was this "depth" found? In the unending barrage of small, samey, symmetrical donut maps? Lockout? The worst method of respawning power weapons to ever grace competitive? (the second worst in normal settings, GG default Halo 4)  In the sheer lack of meaningful power weapons in general, in stark contrast to every other game in the series? The spawn system? The lack of emphasis on powerups?

I'm genuinely curious as to what depth Halo 2 has that ZBNS doesn't. I get told a lot by certain people its the "bad maps", but I have a really difficult time taking those people seriously when they put down Countdown and then praise Narrows/Lockout/genericmidshipremake23. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mythic Warzone Firefight is live on Escape from A.R.C. this week.

• Round 1: Tough Luck
  • Round 2: Tough Luck – Blackeye
  • Round 3: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm
  • Round 4: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm – Catch
  • Round 5: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm – Catch – Mythic

For anyone who cares.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Mythic Warzone Firefight is live on Escape from A.R.C. this week.

• Round 1: Tough Luck
  • Round 2: Tough Luck – Blackeye
  • Round 3: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm
  • Round 4: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm – Catch
  • Round 5: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm – Catch – Mythic

For anyone who cares.

Is this only a weekend based playlist? Does it change from weekend to weekend? I played it a few times this past weekend and was pretty surprised to find that some of the least skilled players seem to search that instead of the easier playlists.

Is this only a weekend based playlist? Does it change from weekend to weekend? I played it a few times this past weekend and was pretty surprised to find that some of the least skilled players seem to search that instead of the easier playlists.

Yup!

Same skulls every weekend but a new map each time.

And @Halo is saying more RP this weekend too.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cool, thanks.

I'll give it another shot then. It was pretty cool, probably way more tolerable playing with a couple friends. To be honest, I never really cared for the whole melee to regenerate shields gimmick.

Some people aren't necessarily self-aware for what makes a good aiming system. But it's frustrating to see them think that their ignorance somehow makes them an expert against people who can clearly tell the difference.

They won't notice bad aiming because they sit in a corner with auto's all day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whenever a return to classic Halo is brought up, most of the people agaisnt it say it wouldn't be as popular as modern Halo.

Remind them of Old School Runescape. Jagex run servers that play an older version of Runescape, as well as the Modern Runescape.

Old School consistently has higher population than the modern stuff, proving that in some cases, Old School is cool.

Why shouldn't it be ranked?

Why should it??

We don't need more than 3 or 4 ranked lists.  4v4, 2v2, FFA and maybe one more. Honestly FFA in its current form could be social too.  Ranked snipers should be moved to social.  Shotty snipers should be removed as a playlist and added as a gametype to social snipers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why should it??

We don't need more than 3 or 4 ranked lists.  4v4, 2v2, FFA and maybe one more. Honestly FFA in its current form could be social too.  Ranked snipers should be moved to social.  Shotty snipers should be removed as a playlist and added as a gametype to social snipers.

My bad, I thought that you meant pushing Snipers into social without doing anything about Shotty Snipers. Then we would've had two different Snipers playlists.

Is the FFA playlist broken or 'ded'? The last few times I've searched I haven't found a game.

Snipers in this are game just silly tbh. There just isn't really that high of a ceiling with that gun if everyone is spawning with it and unlimited ammo. You guys wanna talk about spawn traps, there's like 3 or 4 maps where you spawn with your brains on the wall behind you 3 or 4 times right in a row.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is the FFA playlist broken or 'ded'? The last few times I've searched I haven't found a game.

Snipers in this are game just silly tbh. There just isn't really that high of a ceiling with that gun if everyone is spawning with it and unlimited ammo. You guys wanna talk about spawn traps, there's like 3 or 4 maps where you spawn with your brains on the wall behind you 3 or 4 times right in a row.

Team Snipes hasn't been good since H3 honestly since every Sniper afterwards has featured excessive magnetism or some other bull shit ala no descope.

ded af