CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's such trash. I felt as though no one could be as despicable and incompetent as 343, but Peter is certainly contending for such an accolade.

I don't think he does it for money, though. That's the main difference between him and 343. I believe he genuinely wants these promises to happen, but that he just runs his mouth a lot and then gets cold feet when things aren't working out. He's like a little boy who dreams of making the greatest game ever, but forgets about reality. He's done a lot of good stuff, too, I mean that's how he's as big as he is. 343/Microsoft just lies to trick their consumer base into purchasing broken products, products that are nothing like they are advertised to be (Halo 5), or making situations seem better than they actually are. They're no worse than scammers to me, honestly.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah. Peter's a very personable guy who really seems to want his games to be as great as he says they will be. I mean, he's still full of shit, but he's a lot less obnoxious about it than a certain other bald liar I can think of.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah. Peter's a very personable guy who really seems to want his games to be as great as he says they will be. I mean, he's still full of shit, but he's a lot less obnoxious about it than a certain other bald liar I can think of.

Darth O'Conner the Obnoxious?

Out of people whom i've never met but dislike the most it's a toss up between Frank Oconnor and Julian Edelman

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Out of people whom i've never met but dislike the most it's a toss up between Frank Oconnor and Julian Edelman

For me it's just about any major decision maker at 343

And that is frustrating on a fundamental level to me because it's such a tiny thing in the grand scheme of things to hate someone over, but I can't help it, because I don't HAVE another game franchise to replace Halo. Nothing plays like Halo once did. And I want a new game with that gameplay, not a hybrid of what has been popular since the last Halo released

• Upvote (+1) 3

How does a community manager at Bungie get to become the Franchise Director at 343 anyways?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yea, it's one of those things I took for granted. 

"Man, everything about Halo 4 is terrible!" 

Little did I know 343i could prove me wrong, and show me just how bad they could make an aiming system in a FPS. 

It's pretty amazing actually to see the random ass things Halo developers have fucked up over the years. Every new game has some completely off-the-wall, asinine change that serves no purpose and fucks practically everything up.

Halo 6 is going to be great except playlist selection will be random. Some shit like that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's pretty amazing actually to see the random ass things Halo developers have fucked up over the years. Every new game has some completely off-the-wall, asinine change that serves no purpose and fucks practically everything up.

Halo 6 is going to be great except playlist selection will be random. Some shit like that.

Yeah, it's always something so fucking random. Like BR spread in halo 3, bloom in reach, aiming in 5...

"Hey guys, know how iconic the Overshield and Camo design are? Imagine if they were BIG FLOATING BALLS OF LIGHT THAT ABSORBED BULLETS!?"

-bungie

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Hey guys, know how iconic the Overshield and Camo design are? Imagine if they were BIG FLOATING BALLS OF LIGHT THAT ABSORBED BULLETS!?"

-bungie

Better than Halo 4's USB drives that couldn't be placed on maps except with a giant-ass marker on them.

And they also killed you if you were standing on their spawn point.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'll take your USB drive allahu akbar powerups and raise you... the mother fucking flagnum. Still the king of all idiotic Halo design decisions to date, with the possible exception of Halo 4's cant-drop-the-flag bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll take your USB drive allahu akbar powerups and raise you... the mother fucking flagnum. Still the king of all idiotic Halo design decisions to date, with the possible exception of Halo 4's cant-drop-the-flag bullshit.

Flinch.

Watching all the people who preordered HW2 get screwed over by the HW1 Definitive Edition codes is pretty amusing. Do we ever learn?

What do you mean by this? The issue behind that was with the MS redemption process. Not the game itself.

That shit was a glitch. Doesn't count honey ;) ;) ;)

kill me

It was an intended feature in Reach & H4.

Did Reach have flinch?

Yeah, but only when you got hit by the sniper. It happened when unscoped, too.

Even my fucking wife, the most casual of casual Halo players got a chance to directly ask a 343 developer WTF they were thinking about this change in person and he was like "oh don't worry, it's awesome, you'll see once you play it".

Holy shit guys, if you think you've got a good idea for a game type then ADD it to the game. Don't replace our favourite game types we've been playing for a decade because you think you have a better idea. Just give us the option and we'll let you know.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Even my fucking wife, the most casual of casual Halo players got a chance to directly ask a 343 developer WTF they were thinking about this change in person and he was like "oh don't worry, it's awesome, you'll see once you play it".

Holy shit guys, if you think you've got a good idea for a game type then ADD it to the game. Don't replace our favourite game types we've been playing for a decade because you think you have a better idea. Just give us the option and we'll let you know.

Every designer at 343 needs to have this stickied on their monitor and their white boards

Every designer at 343 needs to have this stickied on their monitor and their white boards

They already know. They just don't care.

The same way they're still trying to shove Breakout down our throats.

It's so blatantly obvious that someone at 343 in upper management came up with the idea and is obsessed with it working and refuses to be told otherwise.

They already know. They just don't care.

The same way they're still trying to shove Breakout down our throats.

It's so blatantly obvious that someone at 343 in upper management came up with the idea and is obsessed with it working and refuses to be told otherwise.

That would be Kevin Franklin, who also blessed us with Infinity Slayer. He has since left 343 to make his own stuff, thank God. Good riddance.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Better than Halo 4's USB drives that couldn't be placed on maps except with a giant-ass marker on them.

And they also killed you if you were standing on their spawn point.

What, you didn't like being killed by an airdrop, sorry, ordinance? But it's so immersive!

That would be Kevin Franklin, who also blessed us with Infinity Slayer. He has since left 343 to make his own stuff, thank God. Good riddance.

If this were a just world, that guy would have been laughed out the door for pushing things as asinine as infinity slayer, flagnum/no flag drop, dominion (what a disorganized, poorly thought out shitshow that was), god knows what else... he was probably behind ball throwing too. I can't imagine him making a convincing case for this stuff behind closed doors, because I've seen interviews with the guy and watching him talk about Halo is like watching a South Carolina beauty pageant winner talk about health care reform.

The fact that he was not only wasn't canned or at least reassigned immediately, but kept his post throughout Halo 5's development as well doesn't fill me with confidence that 343 will get it right in his absence.

• Upvote (+1) 6