CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Probably been said here before, but no matter how good your map is, if it has frame drops, it needs to be taken out of the rotation and either be taken back into a testing room, or removed entirely because it is not fit for a competitive or even casual environment. It is unfairly crippling to have your frames drop when you're trying to aim in a gunfight but get messed up because the dropped frames completely decimate your means of coordination. And it sucks more given your opponent most likely won't HAVE these drops as they're not looking at the area you are which causes these drops. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Probably been said here before, but no matter how good your map is, if it has frame drops, it needs to be taken out of the rotation and either be taken back into a testing room, or removed entirely because it is not fit for a competitive or even casual environment. It is unfairly crippling to have your frames drop when you're trying to aim in a gunfight but get messed up because the dropped frames completely decimate your means of coordination. And it sucks more given your opponent most likely won't HAVE these drops as they're not looking at the area you are which causes these drops.

yeah? Well you're an anti fps dropite! Next you'll be saying they should have their own schools.

Don't forget all the extra language packs. Sweet, sweet uncompressed foreign language files, so useful. 

lmao that's why hearthstone on mobile is like 2g

Don't forget all the extra language packs. Sweet, sweet uncompressed foreign language files, so useful.

You're not entitled to as much compression as you think you are
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Oh r/Halo, never change

ec2fbae988.png

who needs balance, right?

Given that this is the attitude of the majority of Borezone players, I don't understand why WZ gets priority over Arena in terms of weapon balance.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Oh r/Halo, never change

ec2fbae988.png

who needs balance, right?

I actually agree with that? Its warzone. 12 v 12 w/ AI. its supposed to just be a ridiculous wild fun time. Who cares about balance if everybody is having fun?

Ranked play is an entirely different story of course. Balance should always be scrutinized in those lists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Given that this is the attitude of the majority of Borezone players, I don't understand why WZ gets priority over Arena in terms of weapon balance.

It seems like the Warzone team at least give half a shit about the mode and will tweak weapons for it. Quinn just doesn't want anything to change for Arena and keeps introducing band aids.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Some guy on r/halo things it would be a good idea for the Halo 4 Boltshot to return as a REQ variant.

Just.. no. Why would anyone ever want that over powered BS to ever return is beyond me. THIS IS WHY HALO IS LIKE THIS.

Why does a potential warzone req have you so tilted?

I actually agree with that? Its warzone. 12 v 12 w/ AI. its supposed to just be a ridiculous wild fun time. Who cares about balance if everybody is having fun?

Ranked play is an entirely different story of course. Balance should always be scrutinized in those lists.

Balance is what makea things fun. Half the reason people think warzone isn't fun is because a 12 man team can snowball kills, cheat out unbalanced/rare REQs and pubstomp to their hearts content. If WZ had party balancing, REQ progression balancing, and fucking balanced weapons/vehicles it would be 10x more fun.

Warzone being fun for everybody requires them to be it to be balanced as well.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Balance is what makea things fun. Half the reason people think warzone isn't fun is because a 12 man team can snowball kills, cheat out unbalanced/rare REQs and pubstomp to their hearts content. If WZ had party balancing, REQ progression balancing, and fucking balanced weapons/vehicles it would be 10x more fun.

Warzone being fun for everybody requires them to be it to be balanced as well.

Meh. We're just gonna disagree on this one. There are tons of weapons with ridiculous attributes in warzone. I dont see the need to test them to the nth degree, esp since the weapons are called in randomly by the players.

The issues you are describing are related to matchmaking and other motivational factors outside of actual weapon balance. Those do need improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The REQ system already makes the mode inherently imbalanced, and good luck trying to properly balance hundreds of weapons that are literally designed around a tier system of weapons being better than others.

Trying to balance Warzone is for the most part a complete waste of time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For Warzone, the unbalanced weapons don't really bother me. It's the garbage matching system and crappy map design like others have mentioned which is what I think need to be changed. Reducing the parties isn't really going to fix the problem when one team is full of onyx players and the other has maybe one or two decent people while the rest are legit silver and golds. With everything else, I agree with Hard Way's post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who thinks the new UNSC logo looks like a shitty children's toy decal? The Halo logo redesign looks bad, too. Bungie and 343 took away all the cool nuances it had. Small nitpick, I know, but it still bothers me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The REQ system already makes the mode inherently imbalanced, and good luck trying to properly balance hundreds of weapons that are literally designed around a tier system of weapons being better than others.

Trying to balance Warzone is for the most part a complete waste of time.

It's random and stupid, but it doesn't have to be completely broken. Adding the weapons to the right REQ level and giving both teams the same REQ progression would go a long way to make it less snowbally.

• Upvote (+1) 4