CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Has anyone else changed their aiming settings post patch?

I went from playing 0 on both the deadzones, 2- 3 sensitivity, and 5 acceleration, to 4 sensitivity 1 acceleration and default deadzones( 12%, 10%).

It feels much better, but not as good as the other Halos.

Still messing with mine but i think i have settled on 3/2 for when i am playing on my TV and 4/1 when playing on a monitor. deadzones as close to 0 as possible. I play like 50/50 between tv/monitor which is another hurdle to getting used to it.  It doesn't feel "Icky" like it did before though imo.

H5 slayer is complete garbage and basically every single playlist is overwhelmingly or exclusively slayer. I realize casuals don't like using their brain and keeping track of BOTH and objective and killing people, but good god. Enough. You can't escape it. They should just make Team Slayer unranked and make Skirmish into Social Objective.

I approve this message.  My only concern with splitting the playlist is that casuals may not dip into the Objective playlist since there is no chance to get slayer, turning it into a sweaty mess.

Yup. Everything in MM has quit bans.

They must be pretty forgiving then. I've been quitting social games like crazy the last couple days just to see if I will be banned.

Nothing yet.

Why would they put Orion and Pegasus back when the frame rate is like 30 fps? Not too mention the maps are just trash anyway.

The maps have horrible concepts to begin with, but people are thoroughly determined that these maps can be made better by adding a couple insignificant routes and changing the weapon layout. It's literally the same thing with maps like Sword Base as an example. Switching the weapons around is not going to make the map any better, it's still unmistakably awful.

As someone who hates Halo 5, this last update that was pushed was pretty damn significant and it's majorly positive from my point of view. Adding these two maps back into several playlist rotations however stands out as a glaring issue.

I challenge anyone in this thread to remember the last time either yourself or one of your friends has ever said "Omg I'm so tired of Truth and Coliseum, I really hope we get Pegasus/Orion next."  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude I thought this was entertaining to watchbefore, but with you casting it, it is really awesome! Amazing casting!

Thank you! Stay tuned for tonight's broadcast. I think it's gonna be excellent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's frustrating to me seeing people complain about Radar when the idea for minimal ranked playlists would also allow 343 to conclude the radar dilemma.

When the entirety of Ranked Play represents your competitive ruleset, you can make changes to the gameplay from Social and people will understand it because it is illustrated clearly as a separate segment of the game:

"Ranked Play = Competitive = Radar Disabled"

Same goes for Overwatch before they introduced the single-hero limit to Quick Play. Ranked play was clearly illustrated and promoted as the competitive ruleset so it made sense to play different settings when people entered that playlist.

This could easily be done with Halo 5 and radar if 4v4/2v2/FFA were the only ranked playlists, but instead we have to juggle presentation alongside other things like Snipers, Breakout, SWAT, Slayer, etc. It's a mess when we could be killing two birds with one stones with absurd efficiency.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The sentinel beam should have headshot bonuses. Remove it from the AR and SMG and throw it on the lightning gun.... err, Sentinel Beam.

• Upvote (+1) 4

How is Warzone searching alone since the update? I would think the fireteam limit would kill off a lot of the farming/steamrolling which is one of the reasons I stopped playing pretty much everything outside of Firefight in this.

or just change team arena's name to hcs and people will understand its the hcs playlist

And subsequently the population will take a colossal dive, making all of the things we ask for (Party/Search Restrictions, better skill matching) next to impossible to implement.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The sentinel beam should have headshot bonuses. Remove it from the AR and SMG and throw it on the lightning gun.... err, Sentinel Beam.

Wait... The Ar and SMG have headshot bonus damage? wtf? how did i miss that... No wonder my AR shoots muffins compared to my opponents...

Wait... The Ar and SMG have headshot bonus damage? wtf? how did i miss that... No wonder my AR shoots muffins compared to my opponents...

Yup. It had it in the beta too but it was toned down a ton between then and release.

And subsequently the population will take a colossal dive, making all of the things we ask for (Party/Search Restrictions, better skill matching) next to impossible to implement.

So your strategy is to trick people into playing competitive settings in order to create a population? lol

If we remove radar, the playlist is going to take the same dive regardless of what it's called because casuals don't like no radar. No amount of compromise or trickery will change this. Your "solution" (I hesitate to call it this, because it implies that what you presented is actually a problem) will have the same effect that my solution would. Casual Halo players do not want to touch anything that reeks of a competitive stench*, and eliminating tons of ranked playlists that many competitive and casual players alike love in order to whatever it is you think you're accomplishing isn't going to make the transition from radar to no radar any easier for them. They will simply migrate to the social playlists. They will not continue playing a playlist that doesn't serve their interests.

*Look at how sketch had to phrase changes to Grifball in order to stifle potential panic in casual players:

If you love Grifball, it's time to celebrate! The Grifball playlist will now use the Grifball Pro game mode that will mirror the official GrifballHub league settings more closely. While the name might scare you at first, the removal of Spartan Charge, new health and damage model, and slightly lower gravity will make these settings feel like Grifball modes of the past.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/monitor-s-bounty-arena-update

• Upvote (+1) 6

I challenge anyone in this thread to remember the last time either yourself or one of your friends has ever said "Omg I'm so tired of Truth and Coliseum, I really hope we get Pegasus/Orion next."  :simms:

Well I've said the first part plenty of times.

How is Warzone searching alone since the update? I would think the fireteam limit would kill off a lot of the farming/steamrolling which is one of the reasons I stopped playing pretty much everything outside of Firefight in this.

From what I've been reading, it didn't help much because it inadvertently creates farming since teams of six can't core with their randoms when the enemy team is stuck in their home base so they end up just killing instead. The teams that do farm will still do it regardless as well or they'll just go to BTB instead and do it there.

From what I've been reading, it didn't help much because it inadvertently creates farming since teams of six can't core with their randoms when the enemy team is stuck in their home base so they end up just killing instead. The teams that do farm will still do it regardless as well or they'll just go to BTB instead and do it there.

You can deal with 6 REQ abusing people easier than 12... It's an improvement, but nothing is going to stop the statting kids from statting.

Yeah, that's true.

It probably won't happen, but an idea that's been floating around is to make a WZ spartan company playlist where solo players up to full parties can go to compete with a tighter matching system similar to ranks and then make the regular WZ have parties only up to 4 or 5.

I love the splinter grenade for it's "blocking an entrance" side. Definitely nerf it, maybe make the initial hit/expansion weaker, but using it to block a jump or cover your back just adds to the strategic part of Halo IMO.

Or we could get rid of the headshot bonuses and leave the Sentinel Beam alone? Not everything needs headshot bonuses to make it viable.

What's next, headshot bonuses for the Grenade Launcher?

Every onyx player I match up against is at least 1800+, probably because it's impossible to rank down once you go to onyx. One win +20, one loss -7 I swear

Every onyx player I match up against is at least 1800+, probably because it's impossible to rank down once you go to onyx. One win +20, one loss -7 I swear

If only that were true. I play with a few guys that went to Onyx 1600 and are now at Diamond 5. Ranks could use from having MMR reset in the next season though.