CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Holy shit it is so nice to have DIFFERENT OPTIONS in Halo 5 now! 

I love this update, but I gotta say, Orion and Pegasus are really killing my post-update-happiness vibes. It seems like one of them come up 30% of the time in Team Skirmish.

I don't think I'll ever get used to the aiming in Halo 5, the update made it better but it's still not good, fuck these sensitivity curves

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hows it going ol' friends. Long time, no contribute.

I hear there was a pretty solid update for H5. The community actually got some of what they've been asking for? Craziness...

The custom game search sounds dope as fuck. Is the search on both console and pc? And forge updates too? customs must be banging right now.

And what's up with the aim fixes? Im hearing/reading a lot mixed reviews. Some say its 100x better & some are saying its 100x worse. Personally h5s aiming never bugged me. Always felt 100x better than h3,hr,h4 or mccs aim to me. But if it was a problem for most, its pretty hype 343 actually addressed it. sounds like 343 is maybe starting to turn things around? or at least actually trying a little more.

While it is a good update, I think a more appropriate name would have been. Halo 5: Stockholm Syndrome Evolved. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Onyx/Champion level Arena games are so toxic its hilarious

When I search arena solo the first thing I do when it fills the lobby is hit the "mute all" button
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm having a fun time with H5 again. This update and options that came with it feel really good. I love having more options to play that are enjoyable other than ranked arena. The Grunt announcer is good for a few laughs too. Jumping in on some varied custom games in the form of different comp settings and wacky modes makes it feel like there's a lot of content that won't get stale. Hopefully the arena settings coming after Finals this weekend will be of good quality!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hear there was a pretty solid update for H5. The community actually got some of what they've been asking for? Craziness...

The custom game search sounds dope as fuck. Is the search on both console and pc? And forge updates too? customs must be banging right now.

And what's up with the aim fixes? Im hearing/reading a lot mixed reviews. Some say its 100x better & some are saying its 100x worse. Personally h5s aiming never bugged me. Always felt 100x better than h3,hr,h4 or mccs aim to me. But if it was a problem for most, its pretty hype 343 actually addressed it. sounds like 343 is maybe starting to turn things around? or at least actually trying a little more.

Custom game browser is lit - works on PC and console but no cross-play. Forge updates are amazing, brings back KoTH and Race. 

The update reduced controller input lag, making it feel much more responsive but people still find issues with Halo 5's aiming in general, this was just a minor patch for them. Personally it feels so much better.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When I search arena solo the first thing I do when it fills the lobby is hit the "mute all" button

Even then people feel the need to send messages after lol

Not being able to Forge because of the new frame-rate problem is unacceptable.

This absolutely needs to be hotfixed.

Wait what? Is that where you have been?

Not being able to Forge because of the new frame-rate problem is unacceptable.

This absolutely needs to be hotfixed.

I'm more curious as to why they even added forge maps to MM in this update, the performance on all of them is awful. 

This Custom Browser makes Halo officially "back" for me. I can play shit like Fat Zombie and Jenga whenever I want now with no hassle. If H5 launched with this, soooo much more of the population would've been retained.

Sorry I'm late. BUT....

I'm the latino/canadian kid that registered in Beyond about a month after it was created and his best friends are the illegal cuban from Florida: @@Devaneaux and the crime-fighting with taco internet from Hawaii: @@Hard Way

The other Apollo has an actual life and wife and normal friends.

We know who the winner is.

Me

EDIT: Haha holy shit, I'm so late for the party.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Okay so the aiming issue with H5 is actually two separate issues and most people don't seem to acknowledge it. The first, and worst imo, is that there was latency seemingly related to server and perhaps just game performance in general. This was fixed in the update and to me fixed the game for all intents and purposes. The second is wacky acceleration curves somewhat similar to H3. Ideally they would remove that but as someone who did play Halo 3 I can adapt and live with it as long as it isn't laggy. Its not as awkward as Halo 3 was. Overall I would say this has been the best patch released for a Halo game since no bloom.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lastly, I'm honestly curious. Do you really believe that lack of party restrictions didn't affect the population dropoff in ranked arena last year?

I'm pretty much done with this conversation by now, I think I've written enough on the subject now, lol.

But to quickly answer, no, I don't believe it would have had a significant impact. Probably 95% of players that have claimed to quit Halo 5 due to matching teams of four constantly are talking out of their ass. If you look at their player stats they're probably playing right now. I'm not going to say NO ONE has quit due to this, but we're talking about an insignificant portion of the population.

Also, had 343 implemented tighter match making restrictions the same players would have quit anyway after it took them 20 minutes to find a single game.

I'll tell you what I can guarantee DID cause a significant drop of player population, is players unable to find matches.

In Australia you can't find matches in most playlists unless you search expanded. The option to search expanded took what, 6 months to get into the game? Pretty much all the casual players in our community would have moved on by then.

Also to add to this, casual players aren't going to even see this option. The game should prompt you:

"Hey noobslayer55, there are insufficient players in your region playing this playlist. Would you like to expand your search parameters to include servers outside your region?"

I know, aren't my ideas just so amazing? Hey 343, feel free to email me a job offer.

Hint hint: A population counter that listed total players online, total players in a playlist as well as players in a playlist WITHIN YOUR REGION would help a bit too... Just an idea.

Lacking other features like BTB and Infection on launch sure as hell didn't help, but hey, 343 decided that bloody Breakout was more important than established community favourites, so what can you do?

The match making restrictions need to be adjusted BY REGION and they should be adjusted DYNAMICALLY, meaning that in peak hours the restrictions can be tightened and during off peak hours they're made very loose.

It could even get to the point where bronze players are getting matched with diamond players at 11am on a Monday, I don't give a shit. If players can't find games they WILL stop playing the game and most players would prefer to get their ass handed to them than staring at a searching screen for hours on end.

Most of the chances I get to play games these days are during the day since I work from home and I'm on daddy daycare duty with my daughter. Of course, most people work and go to school during these hours. Obviously there are other people that play online during the day, but because the match making restrictions are so tight we can't be matched together.

ONTO A DIFFERENT TOPIC:

Is it just me or is Halo 5 PC mouse sensitivity absolutely fucked?

I swear, it seems my vertical sensitivity is like 3X's higher than my horizontal sensitivity.

This is coming from a guy that enjoys playing games like UT and Quake FFS, yet I can't aim in HALO of all things.

Yes, it feels like some input delay, but the vertical and horizontal aiming feels completely different. I tried turning the vertical sens down a bit but it still feels so much higher than horizontal.

Anyone else feeling this or am I going insane?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Even then people feel the need to send messages after lol

The best is when they send a message during the game.

It's like christmas when I get that message notification after I killed someone while sitting in a corner with a storm rifle 3 times in a row.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but it sounds like the underlying problem that's causing poor framerate is not going to be fixed.

It's like christmas when I get that message notification after I killed someone while sitting in a corner with a storm rifle 3 times in a row.

You are the worst type of player  :wutface: