CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is CursedLemon stupid on purpose?

Kid is sitting here telling people they haven't achieved the proper level of euphoria to be "cognizant" of why Halo 3 is such a bad game. Lmao

Get ready for the neg-rep of your entire life. And no, it's more than just "You have an idiotic opinion, so please ban yourself from this forum."

• Upvote (+1) 1

I always think that when I see clips from the beta. For some reason the sounds that everyone else hated never really bugged me. Did the guns have much more visual recoil in the beta?

Recoil and flinch. Just more things they tried to take from CoD. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we're forgetting one small detail here. 

The aiming was perfectly fine in the beta, and Ghost said that 343 deliberately changed it. 

Oh no i'm not forgetting that.  Why they even touched it after the beta i have no idea.  It felt "Classic" and was crisp.

You made it sound like they knew they were adding lag to the input, not that they fucked up.  I agree that they fucked up and it should have never been an issue in the first place, but to think that we know whether or not they are lying to us about what had to be done to fix it is ludicrous.

The problem isn't "not being able to get used to it", it's the fact that I literally cannot aim in the same manner that I could in past Halos, and even the fucking H5 beta. It's not a tiny difference either, especially when I can notice it from just watching videos of my, or other people's, gameplay. 

Yeah, like I said, it still feels like shit. Response curves are still bizarre. No one who hated the core aiming system is going to suddenly like it now. Still, feeling the same from game to game allows me to at least get somewhat acclimated to it. Before, it would go from one game where it felt something resembling fine  to feeling like I had no functional thumbs next game. So, at the very least, we're down to just the core problem instead of that problem compounded by whatever mess they just fixed. I have no worldly idea why they can't just add a "classic" response curve, though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When you pick a curve like "Aggressive" for example there is a slider that makes it either more or less intense. I tune the aggressive curve down a bit and it actually feels pretty good now.

Interesting.  My elite's sticks got looser far quicker than any other control I've ever owned, so I've all but stopped using it, but I'll have to at least play around with this again.

Titanfall 2 introduced a new aiming curve for the game. Like a smart developer they included the original curve for titanfall 1 as well, something 343 should have done.

Yeah, like I said, it still feels like shit. Response curves are still bizarre. No one who hated the core aiming system is going to suddenly like it now. Still, feeling the same from game to game allows me to at least get somewhat acclimated to it. Before, it would go from one game where it felt something resembling fine  to feeling like I had no functional thumbs next game. So, at the very least, we're down to just the core problem instead of that problem compounded by whatever mess they just fixed. I have no worldly idea why they can't just add a "classic" response curve, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh no i'm not forgetting that.  Why they even touched it after the beta i have no idea.  It felt "Classic" and was crisp.

You made it sound like they knew they were adding lag to the input, not that they fucked up.  I agree that they fucked up and it should have never been an issue in the first place, but to think that we know whether or not they are lying to us about what had to be done to fix it is ludicrous.

We don't know, sure, but I'm fairly confident that they didn't actually program input delay into their game's controls. Even 343 would not be that randomly stupid. 

...man you know what

• Upvote (+1) 6

This just in, H5 is still bad. Even with okay aiming this game is just not good.

Slayer is the worst iteration. H4 slayer is better than this.

My thoughts exactly last night after playing on PC.   It was fun, but just so lackluster.  I have more fun playing broke MCC. 

He only deserves -rep for his complete lack of reading comprehension, not 'cause he made fun of me. :wutface:

Lmao which part do you disagree with, big fella?

• Downvote (-1) 1

This just in, H5 is still bad. Even with okay aiming this game is just not good.

Slayer is the worst iteration. H4 slayer is better than this.

Nothing will ever be worse than infinity slayer on fucking Abandon. Literally not possible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lmao which part do you disagree with, big fella?

I said Halo 3's aiming is garbage. 

I also happen to think the game itself is garbage, but that's neither here nor there. 

I said Halo 3's aiming is garbage.

I also happen to think the game itself is garbage, but that's neither here nor there.

You're right. Two totally unrelated things.

So, I'll repeat myself and ask if you're stupid on purpose.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 15

Regarding the aiming, I wonder if those who consistently say "it's fixed" after every purported patch have ever noticed how unbelievably crappy Halo 3's aiming is. The problem I have with H5's aiming is precisely the same problem I had with H3, but most people think H3 feels fine, so it makes me wonder if people are even cognizant of the same thing that I am.

Im glad im not the only one. Its the reason I hated playing h3, but loved watching. I bought like 4 montiors before realising it was just the way h3 aiming was. Felt like the aiming was always slow to react, like aiming in h2 underwater.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You're right. Two totally unrelated things.

So, I'll repeat myself and ask if you're stupid on purpose.

There's this concept called credibility, and you are doing a horrible job of presenting it because you aren't even clarifying about what exactly makes lemon's statement stupid, especially with the matter of insulting him for a completely unrelated topic contrary to the specific issue he was stating. Maybe for once you can stop being a jerk on the internet and show some common courtesy like the adult you're supposed to be.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Nothing will ever be worse than infinity slayer on fucking Abandon. Literally not possible.

Infinity Slayer on anything, really. I always hated Slayer Solace, because they could camp a base with whatever mystery ordinance they just got, and it was like the easiest kill of their life.

Here's a good thing about this update that nobody seems to be talking about - they added more options to the "overlay" features in forge (where you add a frost or grime texture to the object so it's not just a sterile gray block). You can now adjust the 'severity' of the overlay, allowing you to mix up the visuals enough so that floors and walls (for example) don't look exactly the same, but still look like they belong together in the same environment. TLDR - more #immersion.

Also, Depths is the forge canvas I never knew I needed.

• Upvote (+1) 3